- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Why was Gibbs there and where did he go
"Gibbs what the hell are you doing here?" Tony asked surprised.

"I saved Ziva, had to return here, and I'm back, for good." He said as he rubbed his stinging face.

"Ah, no, you're not coming back. Thank you for saving Ziva, now get lost."

"Kate…" Mcgee started.

"No, Mcgee, don't start." Her eyes threatened to kill him, he shut up.

"Now, who is the…" Dick stopped. He had just finished tending to Ziva and had laid eyes on Gibbs for the first time. He voice changed from warm and sunny, to ice. "Jethro."

"Ducky." He replied with a brighter tone then his friend.

"I apperciate you saving Ziva." he said, the only cival thing he could. Gibbs nodded in return.

"Okay, quit the formalities." Tony started. "The only thing this man needs to do is explain how he saved Ziva and then he needs to get lost. Now," he turned to Gibbs, "explain."

"Well…"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why are you doing this?" Ziva asked, gritting through her pain.

"I want my best officer back." Eli answered.

"Don't you mean you're favorite punching bag." She spat back.

"Now that wasn't nice." He looked at his watch, "You have an hour to live, Ziva."

"Someone will find me before then." by then she didn't even believe that. 

"I highly doubt it, daughter."

"The only benefit of this, is that I will see Ari again."

"He's burning in the flames of hell, where he was ment to be."

"And I… and I shall join him." It was getting harder for her to breathe.

"I see, you may have less then an hour then." Ziva didn't answer him, and he laughed triumphantly.

Gibbs had been standing outside a warehouse door, listening to the conversation. He couldn't stand it anymore.

"Freeze!" he shouted as he entered to room, "Oregon PD, put down you're weapon!"

"Ah, agent Gibbs, so nice of you to join us." 

"Eli David you are under arrest for the abuse and kidnapping of Zoey Simon."

"I don't think so."

"Yes you are, turn around." Surprisingly, Eli gave up willingly. Gibbs cuffed him, and called it into headquaters to get a car to get Eli David. He then pulled Ziva off the wall and took her home…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ENDFLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"… and that is how I rescued Ziva." Gibbs finished. 

"I see." Abby said. She kept her distance from Gibbs, afraid he'd hurt her again.

"Okay, now get out." Kate growled.

"I'm not going to, since the house is legally under my name. So I'm going to continue to live here."

"Okay, but nothing is going to change back to the way it was. If you're going to live here, you're going to sleep in the basement. Legally we're now Ducky's kids so he is the one who makes the rules for us. And…" Tony paused for a moment not knowing what else to say.

"And Tony and I are still going to date." Kate said, leaning over to kiss his cheek.

"Wh… What?!?" Gibbs stared at them in disbelief. He knew they were getting closer, but they were able to keep their relationship a secret from him and when he left they didn't care anymore. 

"Um, yeah, we're dating, deal with it." Kate said snarkily and she glared at him.

"Okay, but who is this." 

"I am Tuni, Ziva's friend, her fathers messenger. I helped to protect Ziva, unlike you."

"Now wait just a…" 

"You lay a hand on her, Gibbs, and I'll kick you're ass." Mcgee threatened.

"Way to go Probie." Tony said high-fiving him.

"But would you quit accusing me for one minute and let me explain why I left?"

"You could have done that Gibbs. Four months ago in October when you sent Ziva that email."

"You wanna know what I was doing!" He shouted. "I was tracing the damn terrorist cell that was trying to kill us! I was protecting all of you! I had to hide my daughter AGAIN to insure she wasn't going to be killed! So don't you dare think that I'm the bad guy!"

"You should have told us this, Jethro. Have we ever done anything that made you think you couldn't trust us."

"No, but the director ordered me to not tell a soul, including you guys." 

"Oh, Gibbs." Abby said running over to him and hugging him. "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry."

"It's okay Abbs, relax." He said hugging her back.

"I am sorry too, Jethro." 

"Me to Boss, and sorry 'bout the earlier comment."

"It's all right, Mcgee."

"I'm sorry to." Tony said quietly. Everyone turned to look at Kate. 

"If you all are expecting me to apologize, it ain't gonna happen. That terrorist cell was not an immediate threat, Eli David was. Ziva was taken by him once, he came here once, and then he stole her again. If you were here, none of that would have happened." she turned away from him and left the room. 

"She's gonna take more time to forgive you, Gibbs, she doesn't take abandonment well." Tony said as he went after Kate.

"I under…" there was a groan from the next room, inturrupting Ducky's statement.

"Ziva!" Gibbs exclaimed, running into the next room. He knelt down next to her on the couch Ducky had layed her on. "Zi." he whispered.

"Gibbs...." she looked out at him groggily. Her eyes opened a bit. "It is you." She said happily. She leaned over to hug him. "I missed you, Dad."

"Dad?" he asked, confused.

"I realized you were right, you are my father, the only one I have ever had." She smiled at him. He hugged her tighter. 

"Ziva!!!!" Abby and Tuni shouted coming over to hug her. Gibbs released her.

"Hello my friends."

"Ziva are you okay?" Abby asked as she pulled back from the hug.

"Yeah I'm just a little light headed." She smiled weakly.

"You should sleep for a while, my dear."

"Ok, Ducky I will."

"I'll carry her upstairs to her…"

"No, that's alright, Mcgee, I got her." Gibbs said as he lifted Ziva into his arms. She fell asleep on the way to her bedroom. Gibbs layed her in her bed, tucked her in, kissed her forehead, and said goodnight. After he closed the door, he heard voices coming from Kate's room (she now had her own room because Ziva moved in with Abby and she could tolerate Abby's decorating). 

"I don't get how he can just come back after all of this like nothing happened." Kate said. 

"I know, sweetie, I know," Tony replied. "But he was trying to protect us."

"But we didn't need protecting, Ziva did."

"I know, it was bad timing but…"

"Please Tony, can we stop," Kate begged, there was a rustling of covers as, he assumed, she got into bed, "I just want to sleep."

"Okay," he agreed. There was more rustling and he assumed he got into the bed with her. The were a few squeaks as they adjusted their sleeping arrangements. Then, "Goodnight, Katie."

"Night Tony." 

All was silent. Gibbs stood there and wondered what else he had missed by just being plain oblivious to everything excpet those damn terrorists.
Chapter End Notes:
Please review