- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
"Ziva," it began, "I'm truely sorry..."
After a long night of fighting off nightmeres, Ziva woke up at seven, finding it impossible to fall asleep. She imediately went downstairs for breakfast. Gibbs would normally be sitting in the arm chair in the living room drinking coffee and watching the news, but he wasn't there. Ziva figured he went into work early and didn't think anything of it. After eating, she went into the office and sat down on the computer. She started watching a video on Youtube and soon fell asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey, Zi? Ziva wake up."

"Huh…" Ziva groaned as she sat up.

"You okay?" Mcgee asked.

"Hmmmm, oh yes, I am okay, Mcgee." Ziva answered as she sat up.

"Well, why are you asleep, on the computer?"

"Obviously I'm not sleeping on the computer." Ziva answered.

"That's not what I ment. I mean why are you asleep here and not in your bed?"

"Because I woke up and could not go back to sleep, but when I came down here I could and did. Why are you so concerned?"

"I'm your friend, Ziva, I worry about you."

"That isn't nesacary, Mcgee."

"I know, but that's how I am."

Mcgee then left the room. Ziva turned back to the computer screen. She logged on and checked her email. She had two, one was junkmail, but one was from Gibbs.

'Ziva,' it began, 'I'm truely sorry. I didn't want this to happen this way. I had to leave you guys, and I can't come back. I am sorry for any pain this causes you, or the others. Don't worry about Kelly, she's with me. I am truely sorry, Gibbs.'

"Hey! Kelly! Kelly where are you?" Tony called as he came down the stairs. "Hey have you seen Kelly?" He asked as he stuck his head into the office.

"No, but I know where she is." Ziva answered, her voice quavering.

"What…" Tony started, but then he read the email. "That Bastard." He said when he finished reading. He turned to Ziva, and saw how she was reacting. "Zi…"

"I am fine, Tony." She said getting up and leaving the room. She walked into the kitchen and was greeted by everyone. 

"Hey, Ziva, have you seen Kelly."

Before Ziva could answer, Tony walked in. "I think you all should read this." He said laying the printed copy of the email on the kitchen table.
 
"Oh my god." Kate whispered. "How could he?" She choked up a little from anger.

"I know, Kate, I know." Tony whispered wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

"But… we need him here. Why would he leave us without protection. How could he leave Ziva without protection?" Abby half shouted.

"I do not need protection, Abby." Ziva replied as she sat down at the table. 

"You're crazy Mossad father is coming to take you home where he might kill you, Ziva. Why the hell do you think you don't need protection?" Abby was shouting now.

"I know because I am strong enough to take care of myself!" Ziva shouted. "I do not need Gibbs to coddle me like I am some weak child!" She continued, tears begining to form in her eyes. "And if he had to leave then that is his own damn problem. If he wanted to leave I say good ridence!" She finally broke and ran out of the room. She didn't want to talk to anyone. She ran straight onto her bed, buried her head into her pillow, and sobbed. "Ari" she said in Hebrew, "I wish I had never killed you, I need you." 

Then, she heard a knock. "Go away." she answered.

"No," someone replied. They sat down on the bed and watched her for a few seconds before saying. "I'm sorry, Ziva, I didn't mean anything I said." 

"Never apologize, it is a sign of weakness." Ziva replied to Abby's apology.

"Well, I don't care." Abby answered. "Im sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry…" she continued until Ziva finally sat up and looked at her.

"Please, stop Abby." She said slightly annoyed by the goths actions."

"I really didn't mean anything, Ziva. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee forgive me?" 

"Fine, Abby, I do forgive you."

"Yeah!" Abby replied, wrapping Ziva in a hug. Ziva halfheartedly hugged her back. 

"If you don't mind, Abby, I'd really like to be alone."

"Oh, okay." Abby replied as she left the room.

Ziva stared down at her tear stained pillow and forcefully wiped away any tears left on her face. "Gibbs, you're one giant son of a bitch and I don't care if I ever see you again."
Chapter End Notes:
Like it, hate it, tell me!