- Text Size +
CHAPTER 3

Tony paused in front of the mirror. He’d tried to relax since returning from Gibbs’ house, but the normal diversions didn’t work today. Neither the Magnum DVD marathon, nor the five mile run had eased his mind. Maybe a long hot shower would help, get rid of some of the tension left over from this morning’s conversation.

Having a day off hadn’t fixed things either. Checking his messages, he’d found one from Ducky, instructing him to stay away from the office until Monday. He knew the ME meant well, but today it would have been bliss to immerse himself in cold cases. Especially since Ziva was still in Israel. A quiet day at the office would have been just what he needed.

The man looking back at him looked tired. His face was drawn, but what bothered Tony most was the resigned look in his eyes.

“Hey, it’s not like it is a surprise, DiNozzo!” he chided himself. “You didn’t really think he would go for you, did you?” The man in the mirror made no reply, and Tony turned away from his own reflection, shedding his clothes as he turned on the shower. A dull ache was starting to bloom behind his right eye.

The cool tiles did little to ease the throbbing pain. Tony reached out and adjusted the water, hoping the heat would relax his tense muscles. The water cascading down his back felt soothing; it just wasn’t enough to put his mind to rest. Last night had put a tiny seed of hope in him, the hope that he might have a chance with Gibbs. This morning, however, had effectively squashed that notion.

He reached for his soap and quickly lathered up. Some dinner, and movie or two, might take his mind of things. Maybe Abby could join him for a B movie bonanza? He finished up and stepped out of the shower. A few quick swipes with a towel and he was done. He was about to get dressed when the doorbell rang. Tony snatched his old silk robe from its usual place behind the bathroom door, and went to answer. Hopefully it was Abby, equipped with a stack of new DVDs.

He opened the door and was suddenly lost for words. Gibbs was there, holding what looked and smelled like his favourite pizza. ‘Not a good sign,’ he thought, as a sinking feeling settled in his stomach.

“We need to talk, Tony,” Gibbs said, entering the apartment as Tony stepped aside to let him in.

Gibbs walked into the living room, placing the box of pizza on the coffee table. Shrugging out of his jacket, he sat down on the couch and made himself at home He looked around the room, absorbing every detail as he always did. After a few moments of silence, he turned towards Tony again, letting his eyes roam over his body. Tony watched him through all of this, wondering why he was here.

Tony eyed his boss curiously. All these years of studying Gibbs had taught him most of the expressions Gibbs usually wore. But not this one. This one reminded him of Gibbs from last night. If he didn’t know better he would label it as longing.

“You feeling ok, Boss?” Tony finally asked, as the silence wore on.

“No, not really,” Gibbs replied, sitting back into the couch.

“Uh huh,” Tony muttered.

Gibbs glanced at him, trying to gauge the younger man’s mood. Tony’s face wore that unreadable mask he sometimes slipped on when emotions ran especially deep. He was unsure how to interpret that. Normally, Tony was like an open book to him. He’d learned long ago to see through Tony’s armour, the defensive layers he occasionally hid behind. The overly bright smiles when he was hurt, or the air of indifference when he was unsure of his own abilities. But this Tony, he was harder to read. No jokes, no rambling conversations. Just guarded watchfulness. Tony lifted his face and their eyes met for a brief moment. The flash of emotions in Tony’s gaze left Gibbs even more uncertain. There was weariness there. And a great sadness. ‘Did I cause this?’ Gibbs wondered, as he assessed Tony.

Tony caught him looking at him, and squirmed under the scrutinizing look. “Maybe you should have Ducky check you out,” he said, adjusting the robe as he spoke.

“No,” Gibbs replied. Silence ensued.

“Should I get plates and napkins for the pizza?”

Another ‘no’ from Gibbs left Tony without anything to say.

“About this morning, Tony.”

“Yeah, listen, about me sleeping in your bed. It just seemed like the right thing to do. Ducky told me to keep an eye on you, Boss, but I could have done that from the chair, or the floor,” he trailed off. “I guess I just like my creature comforts. I’m not a Marine, Gibbs,” he smiled weakly.

“That’s not what I meant, DiNozzo.”

“Oh, ok.” After a few moments Tony asked, “What did you mean, Boss?”

“My reaction this morning was uncalled for. It was quite a shock to find you in my bed, and I overreacted.”

“Yeah,” Tony muttered, “I’m not exactly one of your usual redheads.”

“No…you’re not.” He paused, trying to find the right words. Gibbs hated having to talk about how he felt; he preferred action to show the people he cared for how he felt. He’d thought the pizza would have given Tony a clue, but the closed off expression on Tony’s face told him otherwise. “It was wrong of me to get angry with you, Tony. You did more than any agent would have done.”

‘Agent? That’s how he was gonna play this? Tony had done this just because he was his Second in Command?’ Tony looked at Gibbs, who was still staring at him, still assessing him.
‘What are you looking for?’ Tony wondered.

Tony cleared his throat, knowing he should say something, anything to ease the tension building.

“You could never be another one of my redheads, I..”

Tony got up, wanting to get away from Gibbs, from this entire horrible conversation.

“Wait,” Gibbs said, reaching out for Tony, grabbing him by the arm.

“Don’t, Gibbs,” Tony hissed, tugging to get his arm free. “I get it, I screwed up. Let’s make that rule number 55, shall we? Never sleep in a Marine’s bed when he’s under the influence.”

Gibbs smiled, a smile that made his face soften and his eyes light up.

“I was thinking more of a codicil to an existing rule,” he said slowly.

“What?” Tony asked, still confused about the whole weird conversation.

“You never let me finish what I said about you. You could never be one of my redheads,” he started, tightening his hold on Tony when he tried to pull away, “because I tried to replace Shannon with them. I wanted to fill a void in my life, to heal something that was broken.”

Tony fell still. Gibbs never spoke about his lost family, and he didn’t know what to say.

“Last night,” Gibbs continued, “I was high, but the way you made me feel was real. I meant it when I said I wanted you, wanted this.”

“This?” Tony asked, needing to make sure he got it right this time around.

“You and me,” Gibbs replied, as he drew Tony in for a slow kiss. Tony gasped, then sank into the kiss. This was nothing like the frantic kisses from before, when Gibbs had come onto him in the night. Gibbs’ lips were soft, yet insistent as he held Tony close.

“I want you,” Tony moaned, pressing against Gibbs, needing to feel him, all of him.

“Show me,” Gibbs replied, turning to find the bedroom.

The room was shrouded in darkness as the deep green blinds shut the evening sun out. Tony looked at Gibbs walking around as if he’d always been there, taking possession of his surroundings the way his boss always did. Gibbs lit a small lamp on the dresser, casting a warm glow around the room. Tony remained by the bed, slowly taking off his robe, his eyes following Gibbs as the older man quickly shed his clothes, then moved to pull down the covers.

Gibbs came around to his side of the bed, and held Tony close. He buried his face in the crook of Tony’s neck, just inhaling the scent of him.

“I need this, Jethro,” Tony whispered before Gibbs captured his mouth in a passionate kiss. Holding him close, Tony ran his hands all over Gibbs’ body, relishing in the novel feeling of finally being able to touch. Gibbs turned around, and pulled them both down on the bed, where they ended up stretched out beside each other. Tony couldn’t get close enough, entwining his legs with Gibbs’ as he sank into the mattress.

“On your back, Tony,” Gibbs growled. Tony drew up one leg, feet planted on the bed as the older man was moving to kneel between them. The look on his face made Tony’s breath catch in his throat. This was the expression from yesterday, the one he hadn’t been sure he’d ever see again. It mirrored his own, a mixture of lust and affection. Tony closed his eyes and let his head fall back onto the soft pillows scattered across his bed.

“I want to fuck you, Tony, make you mine. You ready to be mine? I won’t settle for a quick fuck, or a one night stand. It’s you and me now, Tony, you hear that? You and me.”

Gibbs lowered his head, breathing hotly against Tony's cock before swirling his tongue slowly over the head, tasting the bittersweet fluid gathering at the tip. A faint pop had Tony open his eyes. Gibbs was pouring a generous amount of lube onto his fingers. The young Italian sank even further into the sheets, eyes slamming shut as Gibbs slowly slid one finger into him, then two, opening his body carefully, stretching him out.

“Look at me, Tony, open your eyes,” Gibbs demanded, kissing him deeply as he ran a calloused hand through dark silky strands. Green eyes met blue, and then Gibbs’ cock was pushing into him, in one smooth, long thrust.

Tony wrapped his legs around Gibbs’ waist, needing to pull him even closer. He ran his hands over Gibbs’ chest, leaning up to suck a hard nipple into his mouth, flicking his tongue against it, laughing throatily as he felt the older man shiver in response. Tony eased himself back down, arms flung out to either side, mouth open as he gasped for breath. Holy hell, Gibbs knew exactly how to make his whole body yearn for release. Each thrust brought him closer to the brink. Gibbs was everywhere at once, filling him completely. Nothing seemed real but the feeling of Gibbs inside him, grounding him in the moment with his sheer presence.

When he thought he could take no more, Gibbs pulled himself free, flipping Tony onto his front. Strong hands spread his thighs as Gibbs sank back in, his body covering Tony’s from head to toe. The weight of him should have felt suffocating, but instead it felt right, safe. The feeling of Gibbs’ thick cock sliding in and out was better than he’d ever imagined.

“Hands and knees, Tony,” he growled. Tony obeyed and felt something cool trickle over his opening as Gibbs applied more lube.

“Spread your legs, wider,” Gibbs ordered as he positioned himself. Tony felt him spread his cheeks open before he buried himself in Tony in one hard thrust. Gibbs went deeper and harder than before, making Tony nearly howl in pleasure as he hit that sweet spot over and over again. A strong arm wrapped itself around his waist and pulled him up, holding him close, pulling him back against Gibbs' broad chest. Tony’s hand clenched around the headboard, the other reaching back, drawing Gibbs even closer. His head hung forward as he felt Gibbs grow even harder and bigger inside him. Each deliberate thrust had him gasping for air. Gibbs' mouth bit down on his neck, one arm holding tightly around Tony's waist, sliding down, cupping his balls.

“Now, Jethro, God, please, I need…” Tony moaned.

“Jerk yourself off, Tony,” Gibbs breathed, tightening his grip on Tony’s hips as he shifted his angle and hit Tony's prostate again. Everything coalesced into this moment, Tony felt his balls tightening and he spurted all over his hand.

Gibbs’ hands tightened around his hips as his thrusts grew more erratic. He slung his arm around his lover, pulling him even closer. Tony’s body was loose and pliant. An arm wrapped itself around Gibbs’ neck, drawing him in for a kiss as Tony turned his head to look at him. Gibbs managed one last thrust before he came, collapsing against Tony’s back.

Tony couldn’t move. He just hung there, as he gasped for breath. Gibbs slowly pulled out and went in search of the bathroom, returning with a warm washcloth. He carefully cleaned them both off before sliding back under the covers, holding the younger man close.

“Mine, Tony, mine,” he whispered, kissing Tony’s temple as he tucked the sheets around them.

*******************************
Looking into Tony’s fridge, Gibbs realized that unless he wanted to eat condiments or ice cream for breakfast, they would have to go out. Tony probably wouldn’t mind the cold pizza still sitting in the living room, but Gibbs knew he wanted a proper breakfast. Walking over to the window, he gazed out at the street below, watching a couple of kids play ball in the parking lot. An elderly man walking over to his car got hit by a passing ball, and the kids fled the scene.

“See something interesting?” Tony walked up to the window and looked down where Gibbs’ attention was directed. “Who pissed off Mr. Nelson today?” he smiled.

“Couple of kids playing ball,” Gibbs replied, drawing him in for a kiss. “You hungry?” he asked.

“Ah,” Tony replied, smiling sheepishly, “I never got around to grocery shopping yesterday. There’s probably only chili sauce, mayo and ice cream in there.”

“I noticed, DiNozzo,” Gibbs replied dryly. “Get dressed,” he said, “I’ll buy you breakfast. Then we’ll go grocery shopping.”

“You’ll go shopping?” Tony asked, cocking an eyebrow.

“We have to swing by my place later, didn’t bring any clothes last night. Not that I’m planning on wearing much, but still.”

“You’re staying?”

Gibbs slapped him on the back of the head. “The next stupid question will earn you a proper spanking, DiNozzo,” he barked.

“Promises, promises,” Tony chuckled. “Hey, Boss, there’s this great little store by Dupont Circle I sometimes visit. Wanna go hunt for leather cuffs?”
Chapter End Notes:
This is for the Mayor of Smutville :) Hugs and thanks for the inspirational chats and the beta, tutncleo!

Thank you all for reading and reviewing! Hilde