- Text Size +
Chapter Ten

After a few more days of training, Gibbs decided that Aza was ready to start her undercover work. They had discovered that Long jogged every morning meaning that Aza would begin jogging each morning. However, Aza decided this would be great because it would help her to get back in shape. She went to the closest fitness store and purchased a few jogging suits. At least she would look like she was serious.

One of her extra bedrooms had been turned into a headquarters of sorts with computers, surveillance monitors, and a full size bed in the corner so that Tony or Tim could stay overnight. They planned on alternating, but everyone was making bets that Tim spent more nights there than Tony. Ever since he and Aza became an item they spent as much time as they could together.

Waking at the sound of her alarm, Aza groaned in aggravation. Five in the morning was way too early! Thumping her arms on her pillows, she rolled out of bed and began getting ready for her first morning jog. After she was dressed, she pulled back her hair and made her way into the surveillance room. Both men had stayed last night and they were both still asleep. Tony, of course, had taken the bed, so poor Tim was forced to sleep on the floor. Kneeling beside him, Aza gently kissed his forehead, then his eyes, his nose, and then finally his mouth. Tim smiled against her lips and wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Well, this is a nice wake up call." He said quietly, kissing her again.

"I figure you needed a little loving since you were forced to sleeping on the floor." She replied, running her fingers through his hair. "But I need to wake up Tony so you two can wire me." Standing up, she walked over to the bed. Tony was lying flat on his back snoring. Grabbing a pillow, Aza covered her brother's face.

Tony started flailing, and both Aza and Tim laughed. Lifting the pillow, Aza smiled at Tony's angry face. "What the hell was that about?"

"For mistreating Tim and sleeping in later than me." Aza replied with a smirk. "Now, get up and bug me!"

Groaning angrily, Tony hopped out of bed and pulled on a pair of pants. Tim was digging through a bag and pulled out a head band and an earbud disguised as an iPod headset. It was a plain black headband designed to hold her bangs out of her face, but what was unseen was the tiny camera. Pushing back her hair with the headband, and placing the earbud in her ear, Aza gave them a smile. "Well, how do I look?"

"Like someone going for their morning jog." Tim told her.

"Good, because that's what I need to look like." She smiled and made her way to the door. "Oh, and if Cringle wakes up, he'll need to go out." She waved goodbye and stepped out into the morning air. Looking up and down the street, she spotted Long farther up the sidewalk. He wasn't that far ahead, so he would be easy to catch up with.

Starting her jog a little fast, she caught up to where she was right behind him. He was on his cell phone and seemed to be having a heated argument with someone. "No, I said do not ship it! They already suspect! If you ship then now then we'll definitely be caught! Just hold them until this damn investigation is over!" And he ended the conversation.

Letting some distance come between, Aza muttered. "Did you get that?"

"Oh yeah, we got it." Tony replied. "Now, get up there an initiate."

Sighing, Aza lowered the zipper of her jacket slightly to reveal some cleavage. She ran to catch up with him and then jogged past him, bumping his arm causing him to drop his water bottle. Turning around, Aza gasped in surprise. "I am so sorry!" She exclaimed in a sickly sweet voice. Bending slowly, and pressing up her cleavage, Aza retrieved his water bottle. "I am so embarrassed."

She had Long's attention. His eyes gazed at her chest a moment before traveling to her face. "Oh, well, it's fine. They should just make the sidewalks wider." He laughed.

Aza laughed with him, rolling her eyes internally. "That's clever! Maybe you should bring that up at the next neighborhood meeting!"

"I just might do that." He looked at her for a moment. "You're Azalea Patton, aren't you? You were John's wife."

She smiled sadly. "Yeah, that's me." She looked down at her shoes sadly, and then back up at him. "You were his Lt. Commander, weren't you?" Long nodded. "Do you think sometime we can get together, and you could tell me about some of his work? I never believed what those agents told me, my Johnny would never do such a thing."

Long smiled and looked her up and down already making plans for the night. "I think we can arrange a meeting." He pulled out a card. "Here's my number, give me a call, I can meet you whenever and wherever you like."

Aza gave him a shy smile. "That sounds great to me." She then grabbed his hand and took out a pen. She wrote down the number of a disposable cell phone she had been given. "And you can call me." She then smiled, letting her hand run down his arm. "Bye." And then she jogged off.

Making the block, Aza came returned to her front and immediately burst into the house, where she immediately let her guard down. A shiver ran down her spine, and she made a sound of disgust. That man gave her the creeps! Running into the kitchen, she began washing her hands. She heard Tim enter the kitchen behind her. "Something wrong?"

"Ugh! That man! He just, ugh!" She then turned to Tim. "If any man can make a woman feel like a piece of meat it's him!" She chewed on her bottom lip. "I hope what we heard today will be enough to put him away. I'm not really looking forward to a date with him. But if I must, then I will not hesitate."

Tim pulled her into his arms. "I hope it's enough too, but chances are Gibbs will want more. But just remember that you are never alone."

Aza looked into his eyes and then kissed him softly. "I love you, Tim."

He looked down at her in shock, and then kissed her very passionately. "I love you too, Aza, I really, really do." They held onto each other tightly, their love for one another comforting. No matter what was to come, they would be there for one another.

A/N: Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! PLEASE REVIEW!!!