- Text Size +
Chapter Sixteen

The morning after their night together was perfect for two people who weren't supposed to sleep together. They agreed to continue seeing each other, and just keep it to themselves for as long as they could. It had been three weeks since the incident with Long and Aza had come to terms with the fact that she had killed him in self defense. Things seemed to be getting back to normal. Aza was busy at her studio and the team had been working on other cases.

Aza stared out the front window of her studio. It was on a busy street and a lot of people would stop in and set up appointments. She had already done two photo shoots that morning and had two more scheduled for later that afternoon. She was taking a long lunch because Tim wanted to take her out and she had a gynecologist's appointment to see if she could get back on birth control or if she even needed. She was a little nervous about her appointment. What if she found out she was pregnant? What would Tony say? What would he do to Tim? Shaking her head, she checked her watch and realized it was time to meet Tim for lunch. She was not going to tell him about her appointment until afterwards, she didn't want him worrying and getting hurt at work because he was distracted.

Quickly making her way to her car, she sent Tim a text to tell him she was on her way. They were having lunch at her favorite restaurant, and she didn't want to be late but of course lunch traffic was always crazy so she most likely would be. She made her way across town and made it to the restaurant with a minute to spare. She was shocked to see Tim standing outside the restaurant with to-go bags in his hands.

Stepping out of her car, she stared at Tim confused. "What's going on? Aren't we staying?"

Tim smiled. "No, I've got something better in mind." He took her keys from her and handed them to the valet. "Come on, we're taking my car." He said as another valet pulled up in his car.

Aza looked at Tim as if he had lost his mind. She knew that Tim had money from his book, but he usually didn't flash it as much as he was at the moment. He opened the passenger door and kissed her as she got in. He then got into driver's seat and smiled at her as her pulled something out of his pocket. It was a blind fold. She raised her eyebrow at him.

He laughed at the expression on her face. "It's a surprise! If I don't blindfold you, you'll see where we're going." She rolled her eyes and smiled at him, allowing him to blindfold her. He then whispered in her ear. "Don't worry, it'll be worth it."

Tim started the car and Aza felt the car pull out into the street. Tim took her hand in his and squeezed it. She squeezed his hand in return and wondered where in the world he was taking her. Tim was always romantic, but he had never been this mysterious.

It wasn't long before she felt the car come to a stop. She heard Tim open his door, climb out of the car, and shut the door. She then heard him open her door. He grabbed her hand and helped her out of the car. He then led her away from the car and it felt as if they were going uphill. Soon they came to a stop and she heard him rustling about. After a couple of minutes, she felt his hands reaching around her and undoing her blindfold.

Aza gasped at the sight before her. There, upon a small hill overlooking the Potomac River, Tim had prepared a beautiful picnic. He stood next her. "Tim, this is beautiful!"

He smiled. "Not half as beautiful as you are." He then licked his lips nervously and reached into his pocket. "I was wondering, are you happy?" He asked and looked into her eyes.

She smiled and nodded. "I've never been happier in my entire life."

"Can I make you even happier?" He asked and pulled his hand from his pocket holding a small velvet box. Aza gasped as he knelt to the ground. "Aza, will you marry me?"

She felt her eyes fill with tears, and she nodded, throwing herself into his arms. "Oh, Tim! Of course I'll marry you!" She rained kisses all over his face. "I love you so much, and I never want to be with any but you!"

Tim laughed and held her tight to him. He then took the ring out of the box and placed it on her finger. "Oh, Tim! It's beautiful!" She said smiling. It was a simple one-carat solitaire ring, but it was gorgeous.

He kissed her softly. "Oh my God, I can't believe I'm engaged to you." He then smiled. "I can't believe I'm going to have someone as beautiful as you are for my wife."

Aza blushed slightly and looked down. "I'm not that pretty." She then looked up. "I can't believe I've found someone as kind and caring as you are. I really never thought I would get remarried after what had happened, but I know now that I was just waiting for you." She then kissed him deeply. "This was perfect and I will remember it until the day I die."

Tim smiled. "And I'll never forget how you look today."

They then sat down at their picnic and began to enjoy their lunch. Aza couldn't believe how perfect that day had been so far. It wasn't long before they had finished their lunch and had to part ways. Tim had actually been lucky to get away for as long as he had and Aza had her appointment. He drove her back to her car, and they shared a slow, long kiss before saying goodbye.

Aza's appointment went by quick, and she drove back to her studio with a smile on her face. She had been nervous about the outcome of the tests, but after Tim's proposal, it didn't matter to her. If she was pregnant then she and Tim would become parents to a beautiful child, and if she wasn't then after they were married, they would try for a baby. It had only taken one test for the doctor to confirm that she was indeed pregnant. She couldn't wait to tell Tim.

Her afternoon went by slowly as she finished her last two shoots for the day. As she made her way home, she wondered how she would tell him. She then began to wonder if Tim would be happy. He had said he would be there for her and the baby if she turned out to be, but that was weeks ago and they hadn't discussed it anymore since then.

Once she had made it home, she wasn't sure if she could wait until Tim was off work. It was driving her crazy. She was extremely excited and couldn't wait to tell him. She fed Cringle and Sméagol. Took Cringle for a walk, played fetch with him, and then took Sméagol from his cage and watched him play in his ball. Nothing seemed to pass the time quick enough. She sighed, extremely frustrated and decided to go and soak in the bathtub to pass the time.

After she had run the water and added the bubbles, she turned on some soft music and climbed into the tub. She sighed as the warm water soaked into her. She closed her eyes and listened to the music. She hadn't enjoyed a bath like this in forever and she was going to relish it. She felt her consciousness slip from her as she began to doze.

Suddenly, she jerked awake when she heard the front door close and Tim called her name. She was freezing. She looked around her and realized she had fallen asleep in the bathtub. She squinted at the clock across the room. She had been asleep for two hours! Quickly climbing out of the tub, Aza had barely wrapped herself in a towel before Tim came into the bathroom wrapping her in a tight hug.

"Why didn't you answer your phone? I've been calling you for an hour." He asked worriedly. "I was worried something had happened."

Aza looked down guiltily. "I'm sorry. I went to soak in the tub and accidentally fell asleep. It's been an exciting day and I guess I was a little tired." She smiled.

He returned her smile. "It has been exciting. But you need to be careful about falling asleep in the tub."

"I know, I'm sorry. I just needed something to pass the time. I was so excited to see you and it seemed to be taking forever for you to get off." She smiled. "I've got something to tell you." Tim raised his eyebrow in question and she continued. "Well, after our lunch together, I had a gynecologist appointment to see if I could get put back on birth control." His eyebrows shot up at this. "And well, he wouldn't put me on birth control."

Tim's eyebrows crinkled in confusion. "Why? Is something wrong?"

"It turns out, I don't need birth control." She said with a smile. Tim was still thinking but it seemed to be coming to him. "Tim, I'm pregnant."

He looked to her stomach and then into her eyes. "You- I- W-we're going to have a baby?" She nodded and he smiled. "This day just keeps getting better and better." He then kissed her deeply.

However, their moment was ruined when they heard the doorbell ring. Aza pulled back and looked to Tim in confusion. "Who could that be?"

He looked down sheepishly. "Ah, well that's Tony. After I couldn't get you on the phone, I got a little worried and told Tony. He told me to call him when I found out you were okay, and well I haven't yet so apparently he got impatient."

She nodded. "Well, I'm going to get dressed and you can let him in. After that, we'll tell him our good news." She said with a smile and walked into the bedroom.

Tim made his way to the door, slightly worried. Sure, Tony was alright with him and Aza dating, but how would he feel about them getting married and having a baby? He opened the door. "What the hell, Probie? You haven't called me yet, I was starting to think there was something seriously wrong!"

"Sorry, Tony, we got a little sidetracked."

"Gross, McGoober, I really don't need those details about my sister." Tony said with a look on his face.

He glared at his co-worker. "That's not what I meant, Tony."

Aza then came into the room. "Hey, Tony, how are ya?" She asked as she gave him a hug and kissed his cheek.

He returned the hug. "I'm good now that I know you're alive! Why the hell didn't you answer your phone?"

"I fell asleep in the bathtub." Tony opened his mouth to berate her. "And before you say anything I know that it was a stupid and unsafe thing to do. But I've had an exciting day and it just happened." She said and then sat down beside him on the sofa crossing her legs and deliberately placing her left hand on top of her knee. Tim noticed this and covered his smile with his hand.

"Yeah, well, exciting day or not you should really learn to be more- what the hell is this?" He cut off grabbing her hand off her knee. "Are you two- did you- did he?"

"Yes, Tony, Tim asked me to marry him and I said yes." She smiled and got up from the sofa and stood by Tim.

Tony nodded slowly. He then looked to the couple, and then smiled. "Welcome to the family, Probie." He then stood and shook the other man's hand.

"Well, Tony, that's not the only thing that happened today." Aza said with a smile on her face.

"What could be more important than you and McProbie getting engaged?"

"After my lunch with Tim, I had an appointment, and turns out that Tim's not going to be the only addition to our family." Tony's forehead crinkled in confusion. "I'm pregnant, Tony."

Tony's mouth formed an O and he didn't say anything for a few minutes. He then did two things, first he punched Tim in the arm, and then he pulled them both into a hug. "Congratulations, you two." He then looked to Aza. "Are you happy?" She nodded, smiling. "Then that is what's important." He kissed her cheek. He then looked to Tim and shook his hand. "Take care of them, Tim. If you don't, then I'll make your life even more hell than I already do."

Tim nodded. "Don't worry, Tony, I love them both so much, nothing's happening on my watch."

Tony gave a satisfactory nod. "That's all I ask, Probie. Oh, and don't worry… when the mood swings kick in, I'll have your back. Believe me, you're gonna need it!"

"Hey!" Aza exclaimed, hitting Tony on the shoulder. They all laughed. Tony was ok with everything. He was the biggest obstacle they were worried about. The rest they would face as they came. At the moment, they were going to enjoy becoming a family together.

A/N: Yeah yeah I know sappy chapter! But sometimes they gotta happen LOL! I hope you all enjoyed! Please review! :D