- Text Size +
Chapter Three

It had been a week since the murder of the marine Jack Longfellow, and since the shooting of Aza DiNozzo. Aza had awakened the day after her surgery, and now, she was ready to leave the hospital even though she still had another week at least. At the moment, Tony was trying to convince her to stay in bed.

"Look, Aza, I know that you're tired of being in bed, but the doc never said you could actually get out of bed, he just said that you were progressing quite well." Tony told his younger sister trying to make her lie back down.

Aza glared at Tony. "Yeah, I'm tired of being in this bed, but if I don't get out soon, I'm sure there will be a permanent indentation from my butt!" She grabbed his wrists and pushed his hands off. "Now, let me up for just a little while. I promise I won't do anything but walk around for a moment."

"Fine, but if I get in trouble I'm telling the doctor that you threatened me." Tony said earning a look from Aza.

"Whatever, you wimp. Now, come over here and help me out of this bed." She teased.

Grumbling, Tony helped her out of the bed. He then caught her when her legs didn't seem to support her. He raised his eyebrow at her, and she just glared. "I've been in bed for a week, Tony, of course my legs are gonna be a bit wobbly. But you can let go now, I've got it." He let go and she didn't wobble. "Tada!" She said and laughed. "See, you just worry too much."

"Well, I'm soooo sorry." He replied annoyed. Sitting back in his chair, he watched as she walked slowly around the room.

"So, do they have any leads yet?" Aza asked and looked towards Tony.

"Not yet, so we still have agents watching your house just in case the killer comes back."

"And Cringle and Sméagol are where?"

"Cringle is with Abby, and Sméagol is with McGee. McGee has some obsession with his name. Something about Lords of something." Tony explained.

"Lord of the Rings." She corrected. "And yes, he's named after a character."

"Why? I don't even understand why you like those movies."

"Well, you wouldn't know how good they are because you refuse to watch them."

"Well, maybe if you'd watch a couple of the movies I'd like you to watch, maybe I would watch one the four hour long movies!" Tony retorted.

"Please! I have seen most of the movies you like and I have to say they're a little boring." She smirked.

"Boring? And what's interesting about some little short guy with hairy feet trying to take some ring to a mountain? And whyyyy does is take three very long movies to do it?"

"Because Tony, the movies are based off the books." McGee said as he entered the room. "Hi, Aza! I see you're still trying to explain things to him."

"Hi, Tim! And yeah, but I have no clue why I keep trying. Nothing's going to get through his head." She smiled at McGee.

"Hello! I'm still in the room you know." Tony said, slightly annoyed.

They ignored him. McGee frowned. "Should you be out of bed?"

Aza turned slowly to glare at him. "You're not going to start in on me too, are you?"

"Uuuh , no, no I'm not." McGee said quickly to avoid a confrontation.

"So, what brings you here, McGoo?" Tony asked bringing himself back into the conversation.

"Oh, right, well we have some photos of suspects and we want to see if Aza recognizes any of their faces." He replied holding up a folder.

Aza took the folder from him, and began looking at the pictures. Her hands were shaking slightly but there was no recognition in her eyes. Shaking her head sadly she handed the folder back. "I'm sorry but they're not him. His eyes, they would stand out in any photo."

McGee took the folder, and the gently patted her shoulder. "It's not your fault, no need to apologize."

She nodded but then started coughing. Tony jumped up and both men helped her back into the bed. She was still coughing, and it was getting worse, so McGee called the doctor. The doctor rushed in and began running tests. See, Tony thought to himself, I knew she shouldn't be standing.

The doctor turned towards Tony. "It's just a little fluid in her lungs from the surgery. It's actually a very good thing she stood up, it disrupted it from settling which would have caused pneumonia. She'll be coughing a couple of days. I'll put her on antibiotics, and well ultimately she'll cough up the fluid. Pretty much just phlegm, she'll be fine."

Tony crinkled his nose, and thanked the doctor. He then turned back towards Aza. "Well, Phlegmy! Apparently, you had some kind of instinct telling you that you needed to stand up. Good job!"

Aza rolled her eyes and got a drink of water. "Yeah, Tony, and that would also mean that I was right and you were wrong."

McGee laughed at Tony's frown. "Well, I better get going back to NCIS. You take care of yourself." He turned to walk out, but then stopped. "Oh, and Sméagol is doing fine."

She smiled at him as he walked out of the room. Tony didn't like that smile. He had a feeling that his little sister may be developing a little crush on his fellow team member, and he wasn't sure that he liked that, especially since it seemed that McGee reciprocated the feeling. Just what he needed, to become in-laws with McGoo. He shivered at the thought and erased it from his mind. There was no way he would let that happen.

"Don't think too hard, Tony, you may hurt yourself." Aza joked, earning a glare from her brother. "Why don't you go home? Take a real shower, get some pizza, and then check in with work. It won't hurt anything."

"Even if I wanted to I can't you're still a witness to a murder, and someone has to stay with you at all times." Tony informed her and then leaned back in his chair. "Sorry, sis, but you're stuck with me."

"Well, maybe you can be a bit more entertaining like you usually are."

Both of Tony's eyebrows raised. "Are you talking to me?" He said to her in a De Niro voice. Aza laughed and rolled her eyes. Always the same Tony, always mimicking movies, but he always made her smile.

A/N: Sorry this was a bit of a fun chapter! Welcome back normal Tony! :D Please review!