- Text Size +
Chapter Five

After visiting the cemetery, the DiNozzo siblings returned to Tony's apartment. Aza went to lie down in Tony's spare bedroom, and Tony sat on the couch and flicked on the TV. He didn't know why going to the cemetery had bothered him so much. It was his niece's grave, but he had never even gotten the chance to see her before she died. So, why did being at her grave bother him so much?

Because, he thought, she was just a baby. His sister's baby to be exact. He didn't know if it hurt him so much because it hurt her, or if he really was still sad over the baby he had never met. Sitting back, he stared at the TV but wasn't really watching it. He just wanted this mess over with, so his sister could live her life again.

He heard the sound of Cringle's toenails on the hardwood. The two year old beagle jumped up on the couch next to him and then onto the back of the couch. Tony frowned but said nothing. Then the dog started nosing the curtains and whining. Tony rolled his eyes, and opened the curtains and blinds. Cringle excitedly pressed his nose to the glass. "Hey!" Tony exclaimed, and lightly pushed the dog, who just turned and licked him.

His phone began ringing. "DiNozzo." He said when he saw that it was Gibbs.

"DiNozzo, I need you down here after all, I'm sending McGee to your apartment so he can keep an eye on your sister."

"Ok, boss, I'll be there as soon as McGee gets here." He hung up the phone, and walked into Aza's bedroom. She was sleeping, so he decided not to disturb her. He left her a note on the side table, and then kissed her brow. He hoped she would be ok. Hearing a knock at the door, Tony left the room to answer it.

Opening the door, he revealed McGee. "Hey there, Probie!" McGee rolled his eyes, and entered the apartment. "Aza's asleep in the guest bedroom." He grabbed McGee's arm. "Do not go in there unless you think she is in danger. I don't want you ogling her in her pj's."

McGee gave Tony a disgusted look. "Who do you think I am? You?"

Tony gave him a withering look. "I mean it, Probie, just let her sleep. She's had a rough day."

"Don't worry, Tony, I'll make sure she's alright and I'll leave her alone unless she needs me." McGee reassured him. Tony nodded and then left, leaving McGee to figure out what to do while he was there. Sitting next to Cringle on the couch, McGee began channel surfing to see if anything was on. Turns out they were having a Lord of the Rings marathon on one of the channels so he left it there.

Thinking he heard a noise, he turned down the volume. He could hear something coming from Aza's room. Getting up, he slowly made his way to the bedroom, his hand resting on his gun. Quietly opening the door, McGee poked his head in. Aza was lying in the bed, and she seemed to be having a bad dream. Tears were running down her face, and she was thrashing about. He rushed to her side, and gently shook her awake.

Sitting up, she breathed in shakily and looked up at him, her eyes filled with tears and her lip trembling. "I'm sorry; today's just a rough day for me. I'm sure Tony told you. I- I miss her so much." She leaned onto McGee's chest, and began sobbing.

Wrapping his arms around her, McGee tried his best to calm her down. He stroked her hair, and tried not to think about how soft it was. She was soaking his shirt, but he didn't care. "I'm so sorry, Tim." She mumbled. "I just never got a chance to know her and it hurts so bad."

"Sshh, it's ok. You have every right to hurt." He rubbed her back trying to sooth her.

She looked up at him and straight into his eyes. "Thank you, Tim. You're very good at making someone feel better." McGee made to pull away, but Aza held him close. "Please, I'm not ready to be alone yet."

He nodded nervously and stayed sitting next t her. He wrapped his arms tighter around her, and she snuggled into his chest. Both were thinking about how nice it felt to be so near the other. She made to lie down and he wasn't sure if she wanted him to lie with her. He looked to her questioningly, and she nodded in conformation. Lying down next to, McGee only intended to stay for a little while, but he hadn't anticipated falling asleep.

Tony returned a few hours after he left, and was very confused when the TV was on in the living room, but McGee was nowhere to be found. It was close to midnight, but there was no way the Probie would go sleep in his bed. If he had, he was dead meat. Walking towards the back of the bedroom, Tony stopped by his sister's bedroom just to check on her, and was very shocked at what he saw.

"PROBIE!" Tony yelled angrily.

McGee shot straight up in the bed, realizing immediately what had happened. Aza looked around groggily, and then glared at Tony. "Is there a particular reason you're yelling and waking people up at midnight?"

"Oh, I don't know, is there a reason he is in bed with you?" He asked, stressing each word.

"I had a nightmare, and he was comforting, we fell asleep, no big deal. We're both adults, Tony, even if it were more than that, it would be none of your business." She replied angrily.

"I think that since you are my sister, who is a little emotionally unstable at the moment, it is my business."

"So, are you trying to suggest that Tim would take advantage of me? Because if that is so Tony, you should know better. Tim is a perfect gentleman! He would never take advantage of anyone, and you know it, or you would have requested someone else to watch me."

Tony looked down guiltily. "You're right, Aza. I'm sorry, Probie."

McGee shrugged. "It's alright, I would have been the same way had the situation been reversed."

"Yeah, but you and Tony are two totally different people, Tim. Tony warrants a little more caution when dealing with young women." Aza teased, and both laughed at the insulted look on Tony's face.

A/N: So, what do you think? A little Tim/Aza fluffiness! :D Please review!!