- Text Size +
Chapter One

Two months after she was drugged, Arianna threw out her knee and hip teaching a theater class at her old school in D.C. She had to have three surgeries, and was still off work for recovery and it had been seven months since the accident. She had to give up her apartment and move back in with her father, who hadn't cared a bit, but it was driving her crazy! She loved her dad but she was twenty-four years old, and she was tired of being stuck in the house. In addition to that, she had gained fifteen pounds from being inactive. It was going to take some serious exercising to remove those pounds!

She looked at the clock on the wall. Her dad wasn't due to get off work for three more hours, but she was praying he could have an early day. Her back had been killing her all day and it was steadily getting worse. She had slipped a little the other day in the shower and she was afraid it may have affected the pins in her spinal column. Arianna sat up and immediately groaned as pain shot across her lower back and abdomen. 'This is getting bad! It might be my kidneys or my appendix!' She thought to herself.

Standing up slowly, she grabbed her phone just in case it got worse. She was going to lie down and see if that help. She went into the bathroom first and when she got up to flush, she was shocked to see a little blood in her urine. 'Oook,' she thought, 'maybe it's a bladder infection.' She made her way to the bedroom but before she made it, she doubled over with pain. Her back was killing her, and everything else was hurting too.

Unlocking her phone, she went to her favorites and dialed her dad. After three tries, he finally picked up. "Arianna? What's wrong are you alright? I'm at a scene."

"Dad, I think my appendix burst or something. You've got to come home and take me to the hospital! It's killing me!" Arianna exclaimed close to tears. "Hurry please." And she hung up sliding down to the floor. She had experienced a lot of pain in her life, but this was close to the top.

Tony hung up his phone. If her appendix had burst then she didn't have long to get to a hospital. He knew everyone was watching him and he didn't care. He threw his camera to McGee and took off. "Sorry guys, something important has come up!" He ran to the car, luckily they had brought two, and he cranked it up, tires squealing as he took off. He was about an hour away but if he broke almost every traffic law he could make it in thirty minutes. It felt like an eternity before he finally pulled up in front of his building. He left the car running and took the stair two at a time. He burst into the apartment and found Arianna curled up in the floor in a fetal position. He ran to her side. "Arianna? Sweet Pea? Are you ok?" He asked as he lifted her into his arms.

"It hurts." She moaned. She was covered in sweat and tears were rolling down her cheeks. "I don't want to die. I'm not ready to die yet."

"You're not going to die, we're getting you to the hospital now." He told her soothingly as he took her down the stairs as gently as possible. He had trouble opening the door, but when he got it open, he set her gently in the front seat. As he was buckling her in, she cried out in pain, her whole body curling in. He ran to the driver's side and put the car in gear. "We're going to the closest hospital ok? Just hang in there."

She nodded, and bit her lip. Sweat was pouring down her forehead, and he could tell she was in a great deal of pain. He pulled the car into the George Washington University Hospital. He usually didn't like university hospitals because of all the students, but his daughter was in an extreme amount of pain. He shut the car off and rushed to her side of the car, opening the door and unbuckling her as quick as possible. He then lifted her into his arms, and practically sprinted with her to the door. He ran into the ER. "Excuse me! I need some help immediately with my daughter! She's in an extreme amount of pain and we think her appendix may have burst or something."

A nurse stepped towards him. "Alright, sir, there's no need for the yelling. Can you tell us her symptoms?"

"I just did that! I want some help for her!"

"Ok, sir, you need to calm down." She signaled and they rushed a bed over. "Place her here." He did so. "Now, is there any possibility that she's pregnant?"

"What? No! She has been at home on bed rest for knee and hip surgery!" Tony exclaimed. The nurse rolled her eyes.

"Let me ask her then. Sweetie, is there any possibility you're pregnant?" Arianna shook her head. "Alright, if you think it's appendicitis, we'll take her in for an ultra sound. You'll need to wait here while we examine her."

Tony nodded and sat down. He rested his head in his hands. Arianna really did not have much luck. She was always in the hospital. Ever since she was born with twisted legs and spinal inflammation, she's had problems. Then she was drugged and had sex with a stranger! And now, her appendix had most like burst. The nurse came rushing out to him. "What is it? Is she, ok? Was it her appendix?"

"Your daughter is nine months pregnant and in labor. She asking for you so you need to come with me." The nurse tried to usher him forward but he just stopped and stared at her as if she had grown another head.

"Excuse me? My daughter's in labor? Arianna DiNozzo? Short, SKINNY girl that came in here with a lot of pain?"

"Yes sir! And we've really got to get in there the labor is very far progressed."

"B-but I saw the evidence that she was having a monthly cycle. I mean never acted pregnant, and she surely doesn't look it!" Tony exclaimed hysterically.

"Sir, your daughter is having a baby right now. Every pregnancy is different! Now we need to get a move on!" The nurse yelled and pushed him into the room.

He saw Arianna in a bed getting hooked machines and fetal monitors. They lifted her shirt and he still couldn't believe what they were saying. Sure, she'd gained some weight, but she didn't look pregnant at all! He walked over to her. "Are they just kidding with me or is it true?"

Arianna looked up to him with tears in her eyes. "It's true, I saw it on the ultra sound." She told him and started crying. "I've watched that damn show on Discovery Health channel but I never thought it could happen to me! And I don't even know the father's name!"

Tony hugged her the best he could and kissed her forehead. They were placing her feet in the stirrups when a thought hit him. "Hey, she's still in recovery for hip surgery, could that cause problems?"

"Sir, she far past options. She has to start pushing now, her baby is coming."

He nodded. He was about to become a grandfather… At forty years old. Everything was coming back to him from when she was born. Eliza was having so many problems; they had pushed him out of the room. He prayed to God that it wasn't hereditary. He heard the doctor tell Arianna to push and he quickly gave her his hand. And boy did she have a grip! Tony bit his lip and tried to remember that she was going through far worse.

"Alright, Arianna that was a good push, now on three I want another one like that!" The doctor told her. "One, two, THREE!" He exclaimed and all too soon the pain had returned to his hand. "Excellent! Now on this next push, the baby's head should be out. You'll feel a lot of burning but you'll have to push through it ok?" Arianna nodded and Tony braced himself. "Alright, one, two, THREE!"

Arianna pushed down hard and the harder she pushed, the harder she squeezed his hand. She left out a small scream at the end of the push and was breathing heavily. "Great job, Arianna. Just one more push and your baby's here. Can you do that?" Arianna nodded tiredly. "One, two, and PUSH!" She bore down once more and a few seconds later a cry filled the room. "Congratulations! It's a boy!"

Her head was laid back on her pillows and she stared at the ceiling silent tears running down her cheeks. At first Tony was worried, but then he noticed she was smiling. Tony looked to the doctor. "Her mother died in labor of hemorrhaging, is she fine?"

The doctor nodded. "I see no signs whatsoever of hemorrhaging." He then looked to Arianna. "Would you like to hold your son before we take him for observation?"

She nodded, and reached out her arms. "Yes, please." He hand her the small bundle. Tony looked over his daughter's shoulder and down at his grandson. Wow, grandson. It made him feel old! But he was a perfect little boy. Nothing seemed to be wrong with him at all. But of course since Arianna had had no prenatal care, it was precautionary to give him a checkup.

"He's beautiful, Sweet Pea." He told her kissing her forehead. He then stuck his finger in the tiny hand's grasp. "Hi there, I'm your Poppi."

Arianna smiled up at her father, and then kissed her son's forehead. "What am I going to name you?"

"Hopefully something strong and Italian!" Tony teased. "I'm just joking. Whatever, you chose I'm sure will be beautiful."

She smiled and then looked to the doctor. "Alright, you can take him for his checkup." She handed her baby to the nurse. "What kind of problems could there be?"

"Well, seeing as how you didn't smoke or drink, not many, although the pain medication you took after your surgery could cause mental slowing. He is a tad underweight. He's only five pounds and sixteen inches long, so he's on the small side, but if all his tests turn out well and he takes to feeding well, then we'll let him go home with you." The doctor smiled. "He seems very healthy. We'll have him back to you in about an hour. Why don't you rest and think of some names while we're gone?"

She nodded and watched as he took her baby from the room. She then looked to Tony. "This is so unreal. And yet, I already love him so much."

Tony smiled. "That's what our children do to us." He kissed her cheek. "Why don't you rest and I'll pop into the gift shop and see if they have a baby names book?" She nodded. "Alright, I'll be back soon, Sweet Pea."

After ten minutes of searching, Tony found a small book. It was highly doubtful that it would have many Italian names, but it was all he could find. After buying the book, a bear, and some balloons, he made his way out of the gift shop. He was just about to step on the elevator when something stopped him.

"Something you need to tell me, DiNozzo?" Gibbs' voice asked from behind.

Tony's eyes widened and he turned to face his boss. "Hiya boss!"

"What the hell is all this DiNozzo? You never told us you had gotten anyone pregnant! Hell, we didn't even know you were seeing anyone!"

"Ah, well, you see, I haven't been seeing anyone and I didn't get anyone pregnant."

"Then what's all this about and why did you run off like that? This is the second time you've pulled a stunt like this and I haven't been very pleased either time."

"I have a twenty-four year old daughter." He told his boss bluntly.

For the first time ever, Tony saw Gibbs speechless. Of course, it didn't last long. "What! Are you telling me that you've had a daughter the whole time that you've worked for me and I never knew about her?"

"That pretty much sums it up, boss."

"Who else knows? If anyone does!"

"The director and Ducky… and well Kate knew, before she…" And he trailed off and they both nodded.

"So the balloons and stuff, are you saying your daughter just had a baby?"

Tony nodded, and then proceeded to explain things. By the time, he was finished, Gibbs was staring at him openly. "So, when she gets out of here, I'm going to see if she wants to find out who that baby's father is and if she does then we'll take the baby to Abby to run a DNA sample!"

Gibbs nodded. "Alright, DiNozzo. Get back up to your daughter and grandson, and next time, don't take a federal vehicle. We can track you."

"Sure thing boss!" He exclaimed as he climbed onto the elevator.

He made his way to Arianna's room quickly. He was shocked to see that she was awake and that they had already returned the baby. She smiled when he entered the room. "They've given him a clean bill of health! And I've come up with a name." She smiled apologetically when she saw the book. Tony shrugged and raised his eyebrow for emphasis. "Draven Anthony DiNozzo. Well, DiNozzo until otherwise known. I want to find out who his father is."

Tony nodded. "Well then, as soon as you're up to it, we'll make a trip to NCIS. I'm tired of hiding you, it's time everyone knew the truth."

Arianna raised her eyebrow. "Who else found out?"

"Gibbs… and he was pissed!" He exclaimed.

She smiled. "Do you want to hold him, Dad?"

He nodded and reached for his godson. "Come to Poppi." Once the baby was settled into his arms, Tony really examined his features. He had a little DiNozzo in him, but it seemed his father's genes where dominating. Tony frowned. Actually, some of his features a kind of familiar. Maybe he'd met the father before. Well, they would know soon enough, and then hopefully, Draven would have a mother and father. And maybe, even thought he wasn't one to believe in fairytales, maybe Arianna and Draven's father could get to know one another. But that could all wait because at the moment they were still his family.

A/N: Ok, this chapter was based off of the show on Discovery Health Channel, I didn't know I was pregnant, and this stuff really does happen, because my cousin was one of them it happened to :P. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed and I'll try to update soon! PLEASE REVIEW! :D