- Text Size +
Chapter Two

Tony still couldn't believe it. He was a grandfather; to a healthy, handsome little boy. It still puzzled him as to who he looked like. Sure, Draven had some of his mother's features, but he mainly had features that were unique to him and others that looked so familiar. Shaking his head, Tony decided to let it go. They'd find out who his father was sometime that week. They were going home tomorrow, and he'd called Abby here to help him out. Checking his watch, he realized that she should be here soon. Arianna was resting, so he kissed her forehead and left the room.

On his way to the front desk, he couldn't help but detouring to the nursery. Looking through the big window, he saw the small boy sleeping soundly. He smiled and then continued his way to the front desk where Abby was meeting him. Abby, of course, didn't know what was going on but Tony would inform her of everything. He heard the doors open and smiled when he saw smiling Goth walking towards him. "Hey, Abs, over here!"

"Tony!" She ran to him and hugged him. "How are you? Why are you in the hospital?"

"I'm fine, Abby!" He exclaimed laughing. "I'm here for someone else but first for you to understand I need to tell you some things." He paused for a moment and then looked into his friend's face. "I have a daughter."

Abby's eyes widened. "What? How come you never told me?" She exclaimed. "How old is she? Is she alright? Is she the one in the hospital? Details, Tony, details!"

"Whoa! Abby , slow down. She's twenty-four; she was born when I was sixteen. My girlfriend died in labor and the baby was premature and very sick. But I stuck around and I've raised her by myself." He paused for a moment to let Abby take it all in. "A few months ago she was at a party and she was drugged. During that time, she slept with a guy whom she suspects was also drugged. She left without finding out and decided she just wanted to forget the incident. But then yesterday she called me saying that she was in a lot of pain. We get here and turns out she's in labor. She didn't look pregnant and hadn't missed a monthly so we didn't even suspect it." Abby's eyes widened. "I called you here because I need to you do a little shopping for me."

"Wow, Tony! That's a lot of information to take in all at once! Give me a moment to process it all before you go asking favors!" She exclaimed holding up her hands. After a second, she looked at him with a smile. "Ok! So, you are now a grandfather to your twenty-four year old daughter's son! So, I am guessing that seeing as how he was a surprise, you need me to go shopping for baby things!" Her smile widened when he nodded. "Alright, I'll do it but first I want to see him!" Tony nodded and signaled for her to follow him. She hurried behind him excitedly.

He knew it was going to be hard for his team mates to see him in this role but it was one he'd been in for twenty-four years. He knew out of them all, Abby would be most accepting. Jenny and Ducky both already knew and often asked about Arianna. But both would be shocked to hear that he was now a grandfather. Gibbs would probably chew him out later for hiding it for all these years, but he'd accept it. McGee probably wouldn't say much. Ziva, however, will most likely be ticked. She was his partner and they had also become pretty close friends. It would also most likely be hard for her to see him as a father and a grandfather. But in time, she would see him for as he truly was and he knew she would accept it.

They stopped in front of the large window of the nursery. He pulled Abby close to him and then pointed to the little boy wrapped in blue on the front row. "Aw, Tony, he's so cute!" Her brow then furrowed. "He's got a familiar quality to his face though that's not DiNozzo."

"You know, I said the same thing!" Tony exclaimed. "I'm thinking that maybe I know his father. I'll want you to run a DNA test when I get them out of here and settled at home."

Abby nodded. "It may take a couple hours or a couple of days but I'm sure I'll be able to find him." She then looked to Tony and smiled. "So, can I meet your daughter before I go on this shopping spree? So, I can get an idea of what kind of person she is and what kind of nursery I need to try to create."

Tony nodded. "Yeah, I don't see why not. She was sleeping when I came down to meet you but she might be awake now."

Walking down the hall and around the corner, Tony opened the door to Arianna's room. She was sitting up in bed and smiled when he came in. "Hey, Dad, where'd you run off to?"

"Well, I was meeting a friend down at the front desk. She was wondering if she could meet you."

She smiled. "Sure, she can! Is it someone from work? I know you told Gibbs, so who is it now? Abby or Ziva?"

Tony just smiled and nodded for Abby to come in behind him. "Abby Scuito meet my daughter Arianna DiNozzo."

Abby's mouth fell open for a moment. "Wow, Tony! She really looks like you a lot!" Both Arianna and Tony laughed. "She's even got your smile! Oh wow, this is so weird! I just never pictured you as a father and here it is, you've had us all fooled since the beginning!" She stepped to the side of the bed and shook Arianna's hand. "It's pleasure to meet you! You have no idea the shock that this is for me!"

Arianna laughed. "Oh well, I have some idea. He told me that you all thought he was the living life to the fullest single playboy but then it turns out he's just a single dad who goes out on a LOT of dates!" She laughed again when Tony protested slightly out of good nature. "I bet it's even harder to see him as a grandfather, huh? We're all still trying to get used to that one!"

"It threw me for a total loop when Tony told me he was a dad, but when he told me he was grandpa too, I thought I was going to pass out from shock!" She then smiled at Arianna. "He's a cute little baby. And I love his name! Did you get it from the movie The Crow?"

"I did! I've watched movie a thousand times and I remembered thinking one time that I would love to name my son Draven if I had one, and so I did!" She smiled. "At least when I call his name, he'll know I'm talking to him and not some other boy!"

"Very true!" Abby exclaimed, and then she smiled. "I can already tell that we are going to be great friends!"

Arianna returned her smile. "I can see that too." She then looked to her dad. "Are the rest of your co-workers this friendly?"

"Abby's going to be the most accepting out of them. But they'll all come around eventually."

She nodded. "And have you told Ducky or Jenny that I'm in here?"

Abby looked to Tony in shock. "Ducky knows? I mean, the director is a given because she's the director but how comes Ducky knew and I didn't."

"When I had the plague and I was in the hospital, Arianna came and visited me and Ducky and Kate were there. I made them promise not to tell anyone." Tony told her and then looked to Arianna. "And to answer your question, no I have not, but I will as soon as I get you and Draven home and comfortable. No point in cramming tons of people into a hospital."

Arianna nodded. "Makes sense… I just hope they see it that way." She grinned but then frowned. "Do you know when I get out of here? I am extremely ready to go home! Lying in this bed is killing my hip!"

Tony frowned. "I think they said sometime tomorrow. If your hip is hurting, do you need me to go home and get your brace?"

"Maybe, I don't know yet. Right now, it just throbbing but it could be because I haven't had my pain medicine in a while."

He nodded. "Could be." He then leaned up and kissed her cheek. "Well, I asked Abby here to help me with something so we're going to step out into the hall for a little bit, alright?"

Arianna laughed. "Dad, I'm twenty-four, I'll be fine!" She shoved him lightly. "Go talk! Oh, and see if they can bring my son to me! You know, I am his mother and I don't see why they have to keep him down the hall!"

Tony laughed. "Aye, aye captain!" He saluted and then stepped out into the hall with Abby. "So, do you have an idea for the nursery? She's really into fantasy type stuff… that's kind of the reason she's an actress."

Abby smiled. "I think I can come up with something."

He handed her his credit card and the key to his apartment. "Nothing too wild, and don't break me, Scuito!"

"Now, Tony! Do I look like an extremely expensive shopper to you?" She asked, smiling, and he shook his head. "That's what I thought! Now, you just leave everything to me, and you go and relax with your daughter and grandson!"She shoved him towards the door. "Everything will be perfect tomorrow when you bring them home!" And with that Tony watched his Goth friend skip merrily down the hall. Shaking his head with laughter, he made his way down the hall to fetch his grandson. He knew that he could trust Abby.

The next day had come faster than he had expected, but Abby had reassured him that everything was ready for their arrival home. She'd also taken him to home to fetch Arianna's car and they had installed the car seat. He didn't remember them having so many pieces but it was actually a lot more convenient. Finally, they were all set to go home. The nurse was wheeling Arianna down to the door so he was going to get the car.

He pulled up to the door and hopped out, smiling as the nurse wheeled his daughter and grandson out into the sunlight. Draven's tiny forehead crinkled in a frown. Tony chuckled slightly, and walked towards. "Don't fret little man! It's just the outside world. You'll get used to it eventually." He teased as he bent to take him from Arianna. Once he'd settled the small baby in his arms, he smiled down at his daughter. "You ready to get home and settled in?" She nodded. "Alright, just let me get him in the car seat and I'll be back to help you in." He carried Draven to the car and opened the door. He then gently laid him in the car seat and buckled him in and adjusted the straps to the right size. After closing the door, he rushed back to Arianna and helped her into the back seat next to Draven. "Ok, let's go home!"

After the short drive home, Tony parked the car in front of the building. He helped Arianna out of the car and then grabbed the carrier from the car. Things were A LOT easier than they were when Arianna was a baby. No more unbuckling and re-buckling the car seat every time he got the car seat out or put it back in. Just a snap and a click. He held his other arm out for Arianna to grasp and the family made their ways up stairs.

Tony unlocked the door and held the door open for Arianna to enter the apartment. He was shocked, however, when he saw "Welcome Home" banners and balloons. Abby had really out done herself. Arianna looked around and grinned. "So, this is what you had to talk to Abby about in private?"

"Well, yeah, but there is something else as well. Come here and let's take a look." He nodded towards the hallway. He took her to the extra bedroom which was right across the hall and usually used for just storage. He was a little anxious to see the results himself. He slowly opened the door, and both of their mouths fell open. For the short amount of time she had, Abby had done a magnificent job on the nursery!

A cherry wood sleigh bed crib was pushed against the far wall and a hanging mural of a pirate ship sailing on the water hung behind the crib. The bed coverings were in strips of different shades of blue and brown. The walls had been painted the blue of the ocean on the murals and waves and small rocks could be seen painted in various parts of the room. A matching cherry changing table was on the adjacent wall of the crib and a pirate cove had been painted above it. Opposite of the changing table was the matching dresser and another ship had been painted there. All in all, the room was beautiful!

Arianna's hand was covering her mouth and she looked close to tears. "Oh my goodness! It's amazing! How in the world did she do all this in one day?"

"I have no clue, but Abby has tons of friends, so there is no telling how this amazing room came about." Tony told her.

Arianna walked into the room and ran her hands along the crib. She then walked to the changing table. "Dad!" She exclaimed. "She already bought diapers, wipes, powder, well, everything!" She then walked across the room to the dresser and opened drawer after drawer. "They're all full of clothes too!" She then smiled at Tony. "Dad? Did you pay for all of this?" He nodded. "You should have told me and I would have given you my card!"

Tony shook his head. "Nope, this is my gift to you and Draven." He then pointed inside the crib, looks like Abby left you a gift as well."

Arianna peeked back into the crib and was shocked to find a black gift bag sitting in the middle of the bed. She picked it up and read the card. "For my new friend and her special surprise: Every kid should have a little Goth side to them. Love, Aunt Abby!" She raised her eyebrow with a smile. "A Goth side huh?" She reached into the bag and pulled out a black onesy. There were words on the front written in read, and Arianna started laughing. She held the shirt up for Tony to see. "Mummy's Little Vampire!" She read out loud and Tony laughed with her. She reached into the bag again and pulled out a white pacifier with a black skull and cross-bones on it.

"Well, if Abby has kids, I know how they'll be dressed!" Tony exclaimed with a laugh.

Arianna nodded. "But it's cute! I never would have thought of putting my child in clothes like this but it's actually really cute. Tomorrow, when we go to get the DNA test we'll dress him in his new outfit. I'm sure there's a pair of jeans and some shoes to go with it somewhere in here!"

"That would definitely make Abby's day." He then groaned and lifted the carried to sit on the changing table. "Ya know, for such a little guy, he's heavy! How about we get him settled in his new bed?"
Arianna nodded. "Yeah, he needs to see enjoy his gifts from the greatest Poppi ever."

Tony watched as his daughter lifted her son out of the carrier. It was still hard to believe sometimes but it was a great feeling to have extended his family and to see the joy his grandson brought to Arianna. She loved her son, and he loved them both. Hopefully, when they discovered who Draven's father was, the three of them could be a real family and he would be around to watch over them.