- Text Size +
Chapter Three

The afternoon they had gotten home from the hospital, Director Sheppard, Ducky, and even Gibbs stopped by the DiNozzo household to see baby Draven. And just as Tony and Abby had notice, all three of them noticed that Draven had a very familiar quality about him that was no DiNozzo. Maybe finding his father would be easier than originally thought. Tony looked at his alarm clock. They would find out soon enough. It was 5:45, his alarm was due to go off in fifteen minutes. Draven had only woken up twice during the night, and both times, Arianna had insisted that she didn't need his help. But she was his daughter and Draven was his grandson, so he would offer his help every time the baby cried. Even though Abby had decorated the nursery amazingly, Arianna wasn't ready for Draven to sleep in there by himself, so they had set up a portable crib in her bedroom that they could move into the living room when needed.

Hopping out of his bed he made his way down the hall to his bathroom. However, he paused outside of Arianna's bedroom. He could hear her beautiful voice singing a lullaby to her son. He couldn't make out the words, but the melody was beautiful and her voice made it even more so. His daughter was truly talented, and he knew that her son would be equally if not more talented. Walking into the bathroom, he hopped in the shower smiling. Even if his father turned out to be a deadbeat, both would be fine.

Arianna heard the shower turn on and knew her dad was awake. She looked down at Draven sleeping in her arms. She felt a little giddy knowing that they would possibly know his father's name by the end of the day. Getting up slowly so as not to jar him awake, she laid Draven in his crib and then she began to get dressed. She had taken a shower the night before so it would be easier for them to leave that morning. Everyone kept mentioning that Draven reminded them of someone besides herself or her dad, so she was hoping that they would most definitely find the father of her baby. She wasn't a hopeless romantic, though. She did not expect her and this man to fall in love, but she did hope that they could at least be good friends for the sake of their son.

She and Draven were waiting in the living room when Tony got out of the shower and was finally dressed. She raised an eyebrow at him. "Well, usually, I'm asleep when you leave, so I never had any clue how long it took you to get ready these days! Sheesh! If I had known you were going to take that long I would have stayed in bed!" She exclaimed quietly, laughing.

"Well, you don't think the Tony DiNozzo look happens by accident do you?" He replied with a cocky grin.

"Oh my God, Dad, you're hopeless!" She exclaimed rolling her eyes. "Let's head to NCIS already! We'll grab some breakfast on the way there." She said practically bouncing.

"Alright, alright!" He said grabbing her keys since Draven's carseat wouldn't fit in his car. He stopped and turned around with a serious look on his face. "Just don't get your hope too high ok? This isn't a guaranteed thing. If he's not in our database then we most like won't be able to find him without spending a very pretty penny. And even if he is, he may not be looking for a family, and he may not want anything to do with you or Draven."

Arianna smiled softly. "I know, Dad. I'm not a child. I don't believe that we will fall into each other's arms and love each other and live happily ever after. But I can keep some hope that he will be a decent guy that will at least want to be friends for the sake of his son."

"Alright then, let's go."

They stopped by McDonald's Drive-Thru and grabbed a couple of McMuffins. While he was ok to eat donuts for breakfast, he knew that she couldn't stand sweets for breakfast. They had just finished eating when Tony parked in his regular spot in the NCIS parking lot. Both got out of the car and he grabbed Draven from the backseat. The front desk clerk gave him an odd look as he walked into the building with a baby carrier and a young woman. He just smiled. "Morning, Carla. Could I have a pass for my daughter here?" He asked indicating to Arianna.

"Um, yeah sure." She blushed and fumbled for a temporary pass. She handed it over the desk. "I didn't know you had a daughter. And who's this little guy?" She asked waving her hand to Draven.

"This is my grandson, Draven." He informed her as he took the pass. "Thanks, Carla, see ya around."

The small family walked away from the blonde whose mouth had fallen open. Oh, this was going to be a fun day. As they stepped onto the elevator, he received more looks. Just before the doors closed, Palmer rushed into the elevator bumping into Arianna. "Oh, sorry about that ma'am."

"It's fine." She replied with a slight smile.

Palmer then noticed Tony holding the baby carrier. He just stared. After a few seconds, Arianna leaned towards Tony. "Um, Dad? What's Harry Potter over there staring at?" She whispered.

He laughed out. "That's Ducky's assistant." Her mouth formed an O. "Hey, Palmer, something bothering ya?"

"Uh, no Tony, just wondering whose baby that was."

"Hers." He nodded toward Arianna.

"Oh, and who's she?"

Tony grinned. "My daughter."

Palmer's mouth fell open as Tony and Arianna got off the elevator at Abby's lab. "See ya later Palmer!" Tony yelled over his shoulder with a laugh.

Tony opened the door to Abby's lab cautiously. The last thing they needed was for Draven to be deafened by Abby's loud music. Luckily, her music was low. She was expecting them after all. "Hey, Abs!"

Abby turned around with a big smile. "Hey guys!" She exclaimed running up to hug them. She then bent down to Draven's eye level. "Aw! He's looks so cute in the shirt I bought him!"

"We figured it was only fitting for a visit to Aunt Abby!" Arianna said with a smile.

Tony set the carrier on the evidence table. He then unstrapped Draven and lifted him from the carrier. "Ok, Abs, so how are we going to do this? I know you'll have to take his blood, so I believe it'll be best that I hold him." He turned to Arianna. "You won't want to hold him while he's in pain. It killed me when they had to do your first check up." She nodded.

(A/N: Ok, I dunno how a DNA test works and I don't care so I'm just making something up because it's a fanfic and it doesn't matter.)

Abby motioned for him to join her at the Mass Spectrometer. "Ok, so I'll take a small sample of his blood and place it in my baby here. It could take awhile to find results because there are a lot of men in our system. And if he's not in our system then I may be able to hack into other systems. But I might need Tim's help for that." She put some latex gloves on and then reached behind her and grabbed an alcohol swab and small needle. She looked to Tony who nodded and then to Arianna who also nodded. Abby's lips thinned grimly as she swabbed Draven little foot, and then pricked him enough to bring a nice bubble of blood. Almost instantly, Draven began to wail. Abby dabbed his foot onto the slide, and then placed the slide into the machine. She then quickly placed a Band-Aid on the baby's foot. Arianna was at her father's side instantly when the baby had begun crying.

Tony bounced the baby to calm him. Draven's cries when quieting but he was still extremely upset. No one noticed Ziva walk into the lab. "Who's baby and why is Tony holding the child?"

Everyone turned around to face Ziva. "Oh hi, Ziva!" Abby exclaimed.

"Hey Zee." Tony said quietly. "Well, I might as well get it over with." Ziva raised her eyebrow. "This is my daughter, Arianna and this is my grandson, Draven. We're here to find Draven's dad because Arianna and the father were drugged and she left because she was embarrassed."

Ziva's eyebrows shot up. "Oh." Was all she managed to say.

The machine started dinging. "Well, apparently, we've got a match! That didn't take long at all!" Abby exclaimed, happily and they all rushed to her computer. "Let's see who the lucky man is!" She began typing on her keyboard. "And here he is!" She said and pressed last key. As the face and name materialized, three out of the four adults gasped.

"MCGEE!" Tony yelled, in shock and anger.

"What, Tony?" Came the other man's voice from behind.

They all turned to face the clueless Timothy McGee. At least they now knew why the baby had familiar features.