- Text Size +
Chapter Four

Tim looked around nervously. Why in the world was everyone staring at him? "Um, what guys?" Then his forehead crinkled when he saw Abby's computer screen. "Um, Abby, why am I on your screen? What am I a positive match for?"

Abby looked to Tony who was still glaring at the younger man. "Um, maybe Tony should tell you… Right Tony?"

"Yeah, sure, why not?" Tony said, sharply. "Well, McFertile, your DNA is a positive match to his DNA!" He pointed to the baby laying in the arms of a woman who was slightly familiar.

Tim's eyes widened. "Wha?" Was all he managed at first. "What are you talking about?"

"That's your son! You're a father! You knocked up my daughter for crying out loud!" Tony yelled.

"I, what! I knocked up who?"

"This is my daughter, Arianna DiNozzo. Arianna, this is Timothy McGee." Tony replied quieter.

Arianna stepped forward. "Hi… I remember you, but I thought you were a book writer named Thom Gemcity?" She said quietly.

"You… You're the one from the play. The one where I was the special guest." Tim said quietly. She nodded. He then looked to the baby in her arms. "But I-how did- I mean, I don't remember anything from that night."

"All I remember is waking up in a strange bed and you were there. I didn't stick around, I was too embarrassed to." She bit her lip. "I just thought if I put it behind me I could forget it happened. But then Draven surprised me." She smiled down at her son.

Tim felt dizzy. "Draven… oh man, I need to sit down." He plopped heavily onto a stool. "So… am I really the father?" Everyone nodded. He breathed in and then out very slowly. "Oh."

"He really looks a lot like you, McGee." Ziva commented.

His eyes widened and he looked over to the baby, then up into his mother's eyes. "So, his name's Draven?"

Arianna nodded slowly walking closer to Tim. "Yeah, Draven Anthony… well, McGee if you'd like."

He could feel his heart pounding as he examined the tiny face once more. Big blues eyes looked up at him. At that moment, Tim felt his inside melting and he smiled down at the baby… his son. Wow, he thought, I have a son. He looked back Arianna and smiled. "I think I'd like that very much."

At that moment, Gibbs walked into the lab. "May I ask what the hell everyone is doing down here? We have work that needs to be done and you're all down here chit chatting?" It was then he noticed a lot of things at once. McGee's picture was on Abby's screen flashing match, DiNozzo's daughter was there with her son, and McGee was staring at the baby with an amazed smile on his face. McGee was the father of DiNozzo's grandson? Oh that was too much. "Ok, someone tell me quickly what's going on? I'm sure I've already figured it out."

"McGee's Draven's dad." Tony stated plainly.

"Alright then, DiNozzo, David, you're with me. McGee, you stay here and get to know your son. When I get back he had better be in your arms." He told the young agent pointedly, who nodded.

Tony stopped by Arianna and kissed her forehead. "You have any problems, call me." He then looked to Tim. "Don't screw up, Probie… I'll know."

Arianna rolled her eyes as Tim nodded. Her dad really thought he was scary when really he was just a big softy. She then looked to Tim. He seemed really sweet. Kind of nervous, but sweet. She could tell he would be a good father for Draven. "Is there somewhere private we can talk?"

Tim's eyes snapped back to hers. "Um, yeah." He stood up and then looked around. There was a carrier and a diaper bag on the evidence table. Her arms were full with Draven. "Do you want me to grab this stuff?"

"Um, yes please." She nodded. She then looked back to Abby. "Bye Abby! I'll see ya later!"

"Bye guys!" She said with a smile. Those two would be totally cute together. And it seemed that there was already a little bit of attraction there. She believed that maybe match making would be need soon if they didn't get together!

Arianna and Tim stood awkwardly together in the elevator. It was weird to have a baby with someone and not know anything about that person. Tim noticed that Arianna walked with a limp, and it made him curious as to what had happened. She was really pretty, but she looked really young! His heart started pounding again. How old was she? God, had he slept with a teenager!? "Um, how old are you?"

She looked to him and noticed how nervous he looked. She laughed out. "I'm twenty-four. Don't worry I'm legal!"

"Oh… ok. But that would have made Tony sixteen when you were born!" Arianna nodded. "Wow…. It's hard to see Tony as a dad… he's really immature."

Arianna laughed again. "He can be at times."

They stepped out of the elevator and Tim tried to ignore the stares they were receiving. He led her to one of the conference rooms. He pulled out a chair for her and she smiled thanking him quietly before sitting down slowly. He set the carrier and diaper bag on the table and sat next to her. "So, uh, how old is Draven? He's pretty small."

"He's two days old." Tim's eyes widened. "And he's a little underweight because I didn't even know I was pregnant until I went into labor." His eyes widened farther. "I didn't have a pregnant belly, not symptoms, and I never missed a period. I thought my appendix had burst!" She exclaimed with a laugh.

Tim laughed slightly. "That must have been a shock." Arianna nodded.

They sat there quietly for a moment, and then Arianna looked to him. "Would you like to hold him?" She asked quietly.

He looked scared for a moment and then nodded. She stood slowly, and then placed the baby in his father's arms. "There we go." She sat back down gently. "Wow, you two really do look a lot alike!" She exclaimed with a smile.

He smiled and looked down at the tiny baby in his arms. A warmth spread through him, and he fell in love with the little boy. His son. His parents were never going to believe it, and his sister would have a cow. He looked up to Arianna and saw her wince slightly. He frowned. "Are you alright?"

"I'll be fine. Let's just say labor and delivery is not easy for someone who's just had hip surgery."

"Hip surgery? What happened?"

"Well, as you know, I'm an actress. But I've had a lot of obstacles to overcome to reach this place and I over did it." She raised her pants leg to her knee revealing a scar that ran from the inside of her sock and past her knee. "I was born with inverted tibia bones which caused my legs to be turned to inside. This caused me to have problems with my hips and spine. I've had over fifteen surgeries. When I was eighteen, a prop from a play I was in collapsed on top of me and I was almost paralyzed. Then I overdid a few months ago and I had to have surgery on my hip."

"Wow, seems you've had a rough time of it! But you've overcome all that and you've become an amazing actress. That's very admirable." Tim exclaimed with a smile.

"Thank you." She smiled shyly.

Draven then began to cry, and Tim froze. What did he do now? Arianna chuckled slightly. "Don't tense up, he can sense when you're tense. Just bounce him gently, and we'll see if he's hungry." Tim followed her instructions and Draven quieted but he was still fussing. Arianna grabbed a bottle from the bag and handed him the bottle. "Just ease the bottle to his lips, if he's hungry he'll take it." She then moved behind him and looked over his shoulder. Tim rubbed the nipple of the bottle at Draven's mouth, and the baby immediately began suckling. Tim looked up at her and smiled. "See, it's not that hard." She smiled.

"It's not is it." He whispered in awe. He could do this. He could be a father. He looked back over his shoulder. Arianna smiled at him once more. And maybe, in time, he and Arianna could become a proper family for Draven. She was pretty and very sweet. He could see himself liking her. He was already sure that he could be her friend. But could they be more? Only time would tell on that front.