- Text Size +
**Chapter Sixteen -- That Time Of Year**

**Three Weeks Later -- November 24, 2010**

"Ha!" Tony cried, jumping up and tossing the video game controller onto the couch. "That's 2 out of 3, kid! You're doin' the dishes tomorrow night!"

"Damn!" Jack pouted, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Young man! You watch your language, or you'll be doin' all the chores tomorrow." Britty called from the kitchen, putting away the breakfast dishes.

"Sorry Mama." He called back, signing that it was Tony's fault he cursed.

Bradley walked into the living room and cuffed his son on the back of the head. "Don't blame your Uncle for you gettin' yelled at, boy." He sat down on the couch next to Tony and smiled. "Where's Abby? Still sleepin'?"

"Yeah, I guess so." He shrugged, glancing at his watch. "I should probably check on her, otherwise she'll sleep all day." Standing up, the Italian went up the stairs and opened the bedroom door to find his girl curled up on their bed, whimpering quietly.

"Abby?" He immediately made his way over to the bed, sitting next to her and running his hand over her arm. "Everything okay?"

She sniffled, not bothering to look at him. "No."

"Talk to me, baby. What can I do to help?"

Shaking her head, she wiped the tears from her eyes. "Nothing. You...you wouldn't understand, it's complicated. Please...just lemme have a few minutes alone? I...I'll be down soon, promise."

"Okay...you sure? I mean...we don't have to talk. I could just..."

"I'll be fine, Tony. Please."

He nodded, pushing himself up from the bed and leaving the room, pausing at the door momentarily as she continued to cry. Closing the door quietly, he headed back down the stairs and reclaimed his seat on the couch.

"She still sleeping?" Bradley asked, not missing the confused look on his face.

Tony shook his head, keeping his eyes focused on the TV. "She's upset about something, didn't wanna tell me what was goin' on. Told me I wouldn't understand."

The sandy haired man dropped his head back against the couch cushion, releasing a heavy sigh. "I'll go talk to her."

"Bradley...what's goin' on? What is it that I can't help her?"

He offered Tony a sympathetic smile. "Trust me, Tony." He placed a hand on the slightly younger man's shoulder. "Be grateful that you don't have to deal with her when she gets like this yet. You'll get your chance soon enough."

Turning away from the Italian, he headed up the stairs and knocked on his sister's door, opening it slowly when she didn't answer. "Abs? You decent?" He asked, peeking his head through the door. Seeing her curled up on the bed, he walked in the rest of the way and closed the door behind him.

She didn't respond to him, but he could hear the familiar whimpers that made his heart break into a thousand pieces. The holidays were always the hardest for her, and it wasn't helping that she was pregnant and back in her hometown for the first time since moving to DC nearly 10 years earlier.

Bradley climbed onto the bed behind her and laid down, wrapping his arm over her shoulders and pulling her back against his chest. She fought against him momentarily before giving in, relaxing slightly under his touch.

"I'm here, Abby-cadabby. I'm here when you wanna talk." He whispered, settling in for a long wait.

It wasn't until about 3 hours later that she finally sniffled and turned in her brother's arms, resting her head against his shoulder. "I...I miss them." She whispered, wiping her eyes and looking very much like a small child.

"I know you do. I do too, sweetie." He pressed a kiss to the top of her head, seeing the 9 year old girl that had just lost her parents all over again. "Abs, it's been 26 years. I know that you were young, and that the holidays and the baby make it harder...but you have to move past this. I just...I don't know that it's healthy." He shrugged. "You tell me. You're the one that majored in Psychology."

"You don't think I should miss them?"

"I didn't say that. I just said that I don't think it should be this hard for you, Abby. Not after all this time." The raven-haired woman was silent, seemingly ignoring her brother's words. "Abs? Did you hear me?"

"I heard you."

"Abby..." Bradley propped himself up against the pillows, pulling his younger sister close to him again. "I...I love you very much. You know that. But..." He paused, running a hand through his hair. "I can't do this for you anymore. You've got a man downstairs who's very concerned about you. He should be here right now, comforting you. Not me."

"Wh...what do you mean? You've always been the one I've come to, BB. You can't seriously expect me to just..."

He raised his hands and signed for her to be quiet and she complied, dropping her eyes.

"I can and do expect you to, Abigail. He's your best friend, your lover...the father of your child for Christ's sake. Give him some credit. Isn't that what you always told me?"

"He...wouldn't understand." She managed, avoiding eye contact with the older man.

"You really think that? Or are you just afraid to let him see you weak?" He paused, catching her chin when her head snapped up. "Listen. You have to let him in. He needs to do the same. You guys are never gonna work if you're not honest with each other about your feelings."

Pulling her chin from his grasp, she rolled back onto her side, facing away from Bradley.

"I think he'd understand more than you think, Abby. You told me his Mama died when he was young. Don't you think he has days like this too? Holidays, time spent with family...you don't think those effect him?"

He sighed when she didn't respond, pushing himself off the bed. "You know, maybe what you should do is take him to the old house. It's about time you went back anyway."

Sitting up, Abby wiped her eyes and sniffled quietly. "Send Tony up, yeah?"

"You got it baby girl." He smiled, leaning down and kissing her forehead. "Just...think about what I said, huh?"

She nodded and watched as her brother left the room, closing the door quietly behind him. Opening her nightstand drawer, she pulled out a picture of her parents that was taken their last Christmas together. She could feel the tears coming back when Tony reopened the bedroom door, walking in cautiously.

"Baby? Bradley said you wanted to see me?"

The Goth nodded, patting the space that her brother had vacated only minutes earlier. "We need to talk. I...I haven't been fair to you."

He sat down on the bed and took her hand in his. "What are you talking about?"

"I...I didn't even give you an opportunity to understand what was wrong. I just assumed you wouldn't."

The brunette watched as she played with the photo in her hands, turning it over as she spoke to him. "Abby, it's okay. I understand. You've always relied on Bradley for this stuff, but I just want you to know that I'm here. Whenever you decide that you're ready to talk about it...I'm here."

She looked up, smiling at the reassuring look on his face. "Thanks, T."

"No problem, sunshine." He grinned, leaning down and giving her a kiss. "I love you, no matter what. And, you know, I may not be the most open person when it comes to my family, but I'll try if you'll do the same. We're a family now." He said, pulling her close and resting his hand on her belly.

"The holidays are hard, that's all. My Mama was really into Christmas, and after they died...it just wasn't the same."

"I know."

She allowed him to hold her closely, running his hands up and down her arms. They sat silently, only parting when her brother called up the stairs.

"Abby! Tony! We need you down here!"

Tony sighed, running a hand over his face. "We'll be right down!" He called back, releasing his girl from the embrace. "You go on and get dressed. I don't think he's gonna wanna be kept waiting."

They both climbed out of the bed and Abby threw on one of Tony's hoodies and a pair of pajama pants. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder as they made their way downstairs, chatting quietly about their Thanksgiving plans.

"Maybe I can set up my webcam and at least catch McGee before he heads over to his parent's house. It'll be good to see him, huh?" Abby asked, forcing a smile to her face despite the ache in her chest.

"Y'know, I never thought I'd agree with you on this one, but yeah. It'll be good to see McGoo after so long."

"Aww, I didn't know you cared so much, Tony."

Their heads snapped up at the sound of their friend's voice, identical grins on their faces.

"Timmy!" Abby squealed, untangling herself from her lover's embrace as she launched herself at McGee. "What are you doin' here?"

"Just thought we'd come down and surprise you guys for Thanksgiving."

The couple looked at each other confusedly. "We?" They asked simultaneously, cocking their eyebrows at the Junior Agent.

"Yeah. We." Gibbs said, walking into the house carrying a duffel bag over his shoulder. Ziva and Ducky were close behind, nearly making Abby burst into tears.

"You guys all came for Thanksgiving?" She cried, hugging each of them before turning to her brother and pointing an accusing finger at him. "You knew."

"Well, Abs, of course I knew. It is my house, isn't it? Besides, I had to make sure I had enough space to sleep them all!"

Abby went around the room reintroducing the team to her family and thanking both Britty and Bradley profusely before the redhead made her way back into the kitchen. Ducky and Ziva quickly followed, offering to help her bake the remainder of the pies and prepare the food for the next day's meal.

"I missed you guys!" The Goth gushed, hugging Gibbs as best she could with her large belly. "How have things been? I hope that my replacement isn't too bad."

"Eh, he's not you, Abs." Gibbs said, pressing a kiss to her head. "DiNozzo, you gonna come over or ya gonna stand in the corner all day?"

"Sorry Boss." He pushed himself away from the far wall and joined his girl on the couch, wrapping his arm around her middle as she talked to Gibbs and McGee at a mile a minute.

"You're lookin' good, Abs. Gettin' close?" The silver-haired agent asked, taking a sip of the cup of coffee Britty had brought him.

"Yeah, I'm due early January." She grinned, squeezing Tony's hand gently.

McGee smiled at the couple, glad that they seemed to have most of their problems worked out. "Found out what you're having? Picked any names yet?"

"Nah." Tony said. "We want it to be a surprise."

"Actually, Tony wants it to be a surprise." Abby said, cocking an eyebrow at her lover with a smirk. "And I just don't have the heart to tell him to get over it."

Gibbs looked at the pair, smirking as he sipped his coffee. "When ya think you're comin' home?"

"Well, I want to have the baby here but I'm thinking as soon as we can head back after the birth, we'll come home. I really do miss DC. More than I thought I would, anyway." She said, a sad smile on her lips as she rested a hand on her belly.

"Just uh...so I'm clear...I do still have a job to come back to, right Boss? You haven't let Vance sack me, have you?"

"Not yet, DiNozzo."

"Good to know!" The Italian grinned, wrapping his arm around his girl's shoulder. "How about a movie?"

"We flew all the way out here to watch movies?" McGee asked with a snort.

"Pretty much." Britty interjected with a smile as she joined the group, Ducky and Ziva in tow. "That's all these two do. Well that and..."

Abby jumped up and covered the redhead's mouth quickly. "So...who wants popcorn?"

**The Next Day -- November 25, 2010 -- Thanksgiving**

"B...I can't just let you do this whole dinner by yourself!"

"Sit, Abby. I've got plenty of people to help me with it, you just relax." Britty chided, pushing her sister-in-law into one of the recliners.

"You'd better listen. You know as well as I do how she can get." Bradley reminded her, smiling at the younger woman.

Abby pouted playfully, crossing her arms over her chest. "Are you gonna have someone feed me too, or am I gonna be babied all day?"

"Depends." She smirked. "Are you gonna continue to be a pain in my ass?"

"I will if you leave me in here with all these boys watchin' the game!"

Tony handed her a glass of apple cider and frowned. "I...you said you liked football."

She chuckled, scooting over so that he could sit on the oversized recliner with her. "T, really? You've dated enough to know that 1 in 100 women that say they like football actually do."

He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her close to him. "Eh, well, it doesn't matter. I guess I still love you." He joked, coughing on his beer when he received a glare from Gibbs. "I...uh, Abs, you know I was joking, right? I was joking, Boss. I swear it."

The older man nodded curtly, taking a sip of his bourbon.

Elbowing Tony with a quiet giggle, Abby settled against his side, resting her hand on her belly as their child moved inside of her, grunting quietly after a particularly hard kick.

"You okay, baby?" Tony asked, tightening his arm around his girl's shoulders as he pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

"I'm alright" She assured him. "Baby's apparently wound up today though. Never seems to sit still."

"That kid's too much like its father then." Gibbs smirked. "More power to ya, Abs."

The Goth snickered quietly before she patted Tony's leg. "Think I'm gonna go lay down for a few since Britty banished me from the kitchen."

"You want me to come with you?"

"You can stay down here and visit." She said, pecking his lips before she pushed herself out of the chair, cringing at the slight twinge in her back. "Don't let me sleep too long, huh?"

Nodding, Tony watched as his girl made her way over to peck Gibbs on the cheek before she headed for the stairs.

"How's she doin', DiNozzo?"

Turning his attention back to his boss, he offered a slight smile. "This week's been hard on her. Glad you guys could make it though. Think that's exactly what she needed."

He allowed his eyes to drift back to the stairs, wanting nothing more than to go upstairs and lay with his girl.

Sensing the young man's longing, Gibbs sipped his bourbon and smirked. "Go on. We'll still be here when ya get up."

"You sure, boss?"

"Go on."

Grinning broadly, Tony pushed himself to his feet and hurried for the stairs.

Watching his senior agent go, Gibbs shook his head before he stood as well and made his way into the kitchen to join the rest of the family.

**Three Hours Later -- 1800 Hours**

"Dinner's ready!" Britty called, a smile on her face as she poked her head into the living room . "Where's Tony and Abby?"

Gibbs stood up, preparing to head into the dining room. "They went upstairs a few hours ago. Abs said she wanted to take a nap." Walking behind the couch, he hit McGee casually upside the head. "Go get 'em." He said, jerking his head toward the stairs.

The younger man nodded, dropping the controller he was using and heading upstairs, listening closely for sounds of movement inside the bedroom. Hearing nothing, he pushed the door open quietly, satisfied that he wasn't walking in on an intimate moment.

"McGee! Didn't anyone teach you to knock?" Tony shouted, his eyes narrowed at the Junior Agent.

He looked up, wide eyed, seeing the Goth on her knees in front of a shirtless Tony, his pants loose around his hips. "I...I..." He stuttered.

"Oh, hey, Timmy." Abby smiled, looking over her shoulder at him. She smacked her lover on the leg, sticking her tongue out at him. "Stop teasing him. Tony's pants ripped and I'm just fixing it. See?" She reassured him, holding up the needle and thread she was using.

"You thought...she..." Tony laughed loudly, seeing McGee's face redden all the way to the tips of his ears. The raven-haired woman stood up to straighten her lover's pants, zipping the fly roughly and smirking when he yelped.

"I told you to stop. It's Thanksgiving, and if you want to know what I'm thankful for, you'll be good for the rest of the night." She turned toward the red-faced agent and smiled. "What did you need Timmy?"

He smiled nervously, still avoiding eye contact with Tony as he pulled on his dress shirt. "Uh, dinner's ready, Gibbs sent me up to get you guys." Turning around, he left the room as quickly as he had come in, leaving the couple standing there staring at each other, chuckling to themselves.

**45 Minutes Later**

"Dinner was delicious, Britty. Thanks for havin' us." Gibbs said, finishing off his glass of wine.

The rest of the table mumbled their similar sentiments, everyone feeling heavy after devouring all the food that had been set out on the large dining room table. The meal was filled with loud conversations, mostly embarrassing stories about Tony and Abby.

"So, Tony, now that you have knocked Abby around, when are you planning on marrying her?" Ziva chuckled, allowing Ducky to pour her a little bit more wine. "I mean...you are going to make an honest woman out of her, no?"

"Up, Ziva. Knocked *up*. You tryin' to get me killed?" Tony said, running a hand over his face as he eyed Gibbs and Bradley cautiously. "I don't hit her. I never have and never will. Tell 'em babe."

Abby simply smirked, turning away from him playfully.

"Okay..." McGee said, returning to the dining room carrying his computer. "We have a little present for you two, since you're not gonna be back for Christmas this year."

Tony sighed happily, grateful for the interruption his partner provided. "You guys didn't have to get us anything, McSanta."

"Shut it, DiNozzo." Gibbs said, a smirk on his face. "It's more for your kid and Abby."

"Wow, thanks Boss. Nothing brightens my day like being shut down." He joked, pulling his girl close to him as McGee set up his laptop. "So, what is it, McGoo? A birthing video?"

"No, Tony." He said, pulling out his phone and sending a text message. "Okay. All ready?"

Abby nodded, gasping when Jimmy appeared on the screen, a wide grin plastered on his face. "Jimmy! Happy Thanksgiving!"

"Hi guys! Happy Thanksgiving to you too! And may I just say, Abby, you look positively glowing!"

Tony rolled his eyes, leaning back in his chair. "This is your Thanksgiving gift? The Autopsy Gremlin?"

"Abby?" Gibbs asked, cocking an eyebrow expectantly at the young woman. Reaching over, the Goth cuffed her lover on the back of his head, offering him a sheepish smile.

"Bossman made me do it."

"You didn't have to actually listen to him!"

"Shut up and pay attention, would you?" Gibbs asked with a roll of his eyes as he took another sip of his bourbon.

"Sorry Jimmy." Abby said with a smile, pleased to see her friend, even if he was unable to be there with them in person.

"Wait a minute..." Tony growled, spotting his favorite recliner in the background of the video. "Palmer! Are you in my apartment?!"

"I...well, it was Ziva's idea Tony. She...we thought...I..."

"Tony, shut up and let him talk!" The Israeli warned, narrowing her eyes dangerously at him.

"Hmpf." He snorted, crossing his arms over his chest. "Remind me to get my key back from you when I get to DC. And Palmer, stay out of my underwear drawer!"

"You are such a jerk." Abby giggled, elbowing Tony gently in the side. "Be quiet before you embarrass him."

"DiNozzo, if you don't keep quiet, I'm gonna headslap you and it won't be as gentle as Abby's."

"Got it boss." The Italian muttered as he quieted down, glaring at the screen.

"Go on Palmer." Gibbs called.

"Right...well...we uh...we weren't sure when you guys would be coming back home, but we figured you wouldn't have much time to get ready for the baby so we uh...did a little work around your apartment, Tony."

Tony opened his mouth to protest, though he quickly fell silent at Gibbs' glare.

The pair watched as Jimmy carried the laptop down the hallway, pausing outside the spare bedroom.

"Happy Thanksgiving guys." He said before he pushed the door open, stepping inside.

The room had been painted a beautiful green color. Against the far wall sat a gorgeous wooden crib, complete with a matching changing table and a rocking chair, all painted white.

Abby could feel the tears springing to her eyes as she watched. "You guys...you did...all this?"

"Ziva picked out the colors and we all helped to paint the room. Gibbs built the furniture himself." McGee said, smiling at his pregnant friend.

"I...love it! Thank you guys so much!" She gushed, wrapping her arms around McGee's neck and pulling him down for a hug.

The Italian fell silent, watching Abby as she went around the room hugging everyone and thanking them. Returning to her seat, she nudged him gently, smiling up at him.

"What do you think, T? Isn't it perfect?"

"It's great. Thanks guys." He managed, faking enthusiasm for his girl's sake. Standing up, he excused himself and walked into the kitchen, opening up the liquor cabinet and pulling out the vodka.

"Tony?"

He turned around at the quiet voice, seeing the Goth standing against the refrigerator. "What's the matter baby?"

"I'm fine." She said, looking him over. "But you're not. I know you didn't want Jimmy in the house, but..."

"It has nothing to do with that!" He snapped, running his hand over his face when she frowned. "Its not about Palmer being in the house."

"Then what is it? You don't like the room?"

"The room is nice. And I appreciate them thinking of it. It's just...nevermind. It's stupid." He said, placing the shot glass in the sink. Walking over to her, he cupped her cheeks in his hands and kissed her gently. "Palmer's right. You are glowing."

"You're deflecting." She smirked. "Talk to me. We promised no more secrets."

"I...the nursery should have been something I did. You know, the painting, decorating...all of it. I screwed up."

"You hardly screwed up, Tony. You've been here, with me. No one can be in two places at once, not even you."

"I know." He sighed, pulling her into a hug. "Just forget I said anything. I told you it was stupid."

"Tony..." Abby pulled away from him, exasperated. "Why do you do this? Why can't you just trust my judgment?"

"Because! I feel like a God-damned failure!"

"I'm gonna go to bed. When you feel like forgiving yourself, you're welcome to join me." She said, heading back to the dining room.

He picked the small glass out of the sink again and poured some more of the clear alcohol, draining it as he listened to the Goth saying goodnight. He sighed and sat down on a barstool, dropping his head into his hands.

"What's the problem, DiNozzo?"

Tony looked up at the voice, frowning when he saw Gibbs standing next to him. "Nothin' Boss. Just being me, I guess."

The older man reached up and smacked the back of his head before sitting on the stool next to him. "You know, I got deployed just after Shannon found out she was pregnant with Kelly. Was gone for a year."

"Really? How did she take it?"

"Like a strong woman. She lived with her parents until I got back. Abby reminds me a lot of her. You're lucky, Tony."

He chuckled darkly. "I fucked up."

"Yeah, you did. But at least you were around to fix it. Try being halfway around the world with one 5 minute phone call a week and some letters."

"You were defending your country. I was being a selfish asshole. I don't deserve her."

Gibbs shrugged. "That may be, but I don't see her running for the hills yet. And before you say anything, no, leaving DC doesn't count."

"She doesn't trust me, Gibbs. She's had doctor's appointments that I didn't know about, she'll ask me to do things and then ask Bradley to do the same thing, like she's having doubts that I'll get it done..."

"DiNozzo."

"Yeah, Boss?"

Gibbs smacked him again, making him jerk forward slightly. "Knock it off."

"I just feel like I'm not enough! Like she's relying on Britty and Bradley more than me."

"She is."

"She...is?"

"Yup. And she probably always will, to a degree. Losing both your parents and having to rely on your 14 year old brother tends to make a pretty strong bond." The silver haired man took a sip of his bourbon and frowned at the younger man. "Get over yourself. Its called self-preservation, Tony. It doesn't have anything to do with you."

Tony opened his mouth to speak when Gibbs' phone rang. He pulled it off his hip and listened silently for a moment, muttering something about being on leave for 3 days.

"Gear up, DiNozzo. Looks like you're gonna see the nursery for yourself."

"Wh...what about Abby?" He asked, following the older man as he made his way back to the dining room.

"Gotta cut the party short. Got a dead drug-dealing Marine." He turned back to his senior agent and put a hand on his shoulder as the rest of the team went to gather their belongings. "Go say goodbye to your girl. Its one of your cases, Tony. We're gonna need you on this."

"Got it." Glancing toward the stairs, he frowned. "I'm ready to go, Boss. Just let me get my Sig from the gun safe. I've got clothes at the apartment."

"No. You aren't gonna leave it like this. Trust me, you wanna fix it now, even if you're only gonna be gone a few days."

Tony turned and grudgingly headed up the stairs to the room he had been sharing with his lover, silently praying that she was asleep. Opening the door quietly, he nearly groaned when he heard her quiet voice.

"You ready to be forgiven?"

He walked over to the bed and sat on the edge, taking her hand in his without a word. She sat up, the thin sheet slipping off her chest, revealing the oversized OSU T shirt she was wearing. It fell off her shoulder when she reached up with her free hand, running it over his light stubble.

"What's the matter?" She asked, looking worried.

He shook his head, not wanting to make eye contact with her. "'M sorry."

She frowned, sitting up straighter in the bed. "What are you sorry about?"

"I have to go, baby."

"Go?" She said, clearly confused. "Go where?"

"Back to DC."

Abby dropped her eyes, willing the rapidly forming tears to go away. "Wh...why? I...we...did I say something? I don't want you to go, if that's what you're thinking! I need you here, with me. I..."

"Abby. Abby, stop. I have to go. We got a case." He tipped her head up, kissing her deeply. "I'll be back as soon as I can, okay?"

"Why do you have to go? They...haven't they had cases since you've been here? What's so special that you have to go for this one?"

Tony frowned, noticing that she was trying to be as unemotional as she could. "Baby, I'm sorry. It's a case that I handled while Gibbs was in Mexico. They need me."

The Goth nodded, meeting his eyes and smiling. "Promise you'll be back soon?"

"I promise, sunshine." He pressed another kiss to her lips, curling his fingers in her loose hair. "I love you so much."

She closed her eyes as he wrapped his arms around her. She leaned into his embrace, her fingers clutching the back of his shirt as she pressed her face against his chest, breathing in his scent.

"And it's just for a few days? As soon as you're done, you'll be back?"

"Absolutely."

"And you'll call me every day?"

"I'll call you so much that you're gonna get tired of me." He threatened, offering her a grin when she pulled away. He pressed a kiss to the top of her head, frowning when he heard Gibbs' voice calling up to him.

"DiNozzo! Let's go!"

Abby could feel the tears stinging her eyes. "You'd better hurry up...wouldn't want him to come up here and drag you out."

"I'll see you in just a few days, baby. You take care of yourself while I'm gone, okay?"

She nodded, swiping at the stray tear that slid down her cheek before she forced a smile for his sake. "Call me when you get to DC so I know you made it safely."

"I will." He promised, cupping her face in his hands as he pressed one last kiss to her lips. "I love you."

"Love you too, T." She managed. She watched as he hurried out of the bedroom, the sound of his footsteps on the stairs reaching her ears. A quiet sob escaped her as she leaned back against the pillows, hugging his to her chest.

"You ready, DiNozzo?" Gibbs asked, looking the younger man over as he reached the bottom of the stairs.

The Italian schooled his face into a tight grin, clearing his throat. "Yep." He leaned down and kissed Britty on the cheek, offering her a warm smile. "Take care of her for me, yeah?" He whispered, not wanting the rest of the team to hear him.

"Of course." She grinned, patting his arm. "She'll be fine. It's just a few days."

Tony nodded, heading out the door behind McGee. "I'll be back." He smirked, waving over his shoulder at Jack.

"Terminator!" He called, waving to his Uncle, ducking when Bradley went to tousle his hair.

He watched his girl's family standing on the porch as they piled into the car, wishing that he didn't have to go back and leave Abby alone. Glancing up to their bedroom window, he smiled sadly when he noticed her peeking out, tears streaking her face as she watched them pull away from the large house. Closing his eyes, he dropped his head back against the seat, settling in for the quick drive to the airport.
Chapter End Notes:
"That Time Of Year" by Sick Puppies