- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
INCOMPLETE. Ziva is shot and gravely wounded. TIVA!
CH. 1

"Ready?" Tony whispered.

Ziva nodded.

Gibbs had sent them to the old warehouse outside DC to see if a Marine's abducted daughter was being held there.
Tony kicked the door open and they entered quickly.
Neither of them expected what happened next.
Tony saw the man come from the corner of the room. "Ziva!" He yelled. Ziva pointed her gun to the figure and pulled the trigger. Click. 'Oh, no.' She thought. She glanced at Tony and then dived for cover.
Tony and the shadowy figure shot at the same time. Ziva felt an excruciating pain in her chest and she dropped to her knees.
Tony's bullet struck the shadow man just after Ziva was hit. He knelt beside Ziva.
She was still on her knees, fighting the pain. A single tear left her eye. She held on to his shoulders in a death grip. Suddenly she sank in his arms and Tony was covered in her blood.
"Ziva! No, Zee, hold on! You have to!" He begged.
"Tony.." She whispered.
Tony called the paramedics and then Gibbs.
"What do you have, DiNozzo?" Gibbs asked.
"It's Ziva."
"What happened?"
Tony gulped, trying to hold back his tears. "We got to the warehouse and there was somebody else here. She shot at him, didn't have any shells, and he shot her before I could get him. Paramedics are on their way."
"I'll meet you at Bethesda." Gibbs said in a strained voice. He flipped his phone shut and looked to Abby and McGee.
"What's going on?" Abby and McGee said simultaneously.
"Ziva." Gibbs summed it up in one word.
Abby froze. "Ziva...? Gibbs, what happened?"
"She's at the hospital."