- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kate wakes up in bed with someone else and can't remember the previous night.
She’d had too much to drink.

Now she couldn’t remember or understand what had happened last night. All she knew was the she’d had too much to drink and someone was in bed with her, pressed against her.

She moved her head to the side and saw thick black hair cascading over slender, pale shoulders. Suddenly, the figure mumbled in their sleep. It sounded like ‘Kate.’ but she couldn’t be sure.

Kate relayed the previous night. She had gone out with Abby and McGee to one of Abby’s favorite clubs. After multiple drinks and a lot of dancing, Kate was tired. “Hey Kate!” Abby had yelled. “McGee and I are ready to leave. Do you need a ride home?” Kate couldn’t make her voice work so she simply nodded.

She remembered Abby had taken her home but everything after that was cloudy. Kate looked behind her again as the figure pressed against her rolled over.

She looked into sleepy green eyes for a moment before Abby asked quietly, “you can’t remember anything either?” Kate shook her head, staring at the beautiful face before her. “Come on,” Kate told Abby. “Let’s get up and piece together as much as possible.”

Kate got out of bed and looked down at herself; she was completely naked. A quick look at Abby confirmed that Abby was too. They looked at each other for a minute, and then Kate went over t the dresser, got out a pair of clothes and tossed them to Abby. “I don’t know if they’ll fit all the way, but they should until you get your own clothes. Bathroom’s down the hall of the left side.” Abby nodded and headed towards the bedroom door.

Halfway there she stopped and turned back to Kate. “Will you… join me?” Abby was hesitant to ask, expecting Kate might say ‘no.’ “alright” Kate said after a moment of thought.

She quickly chose a pair of clothes and went with Abby to the shower. The water felt good against Kate’s skin.

She and Abby stayed a small distance apart, but as they washed, their bodies touched. They each hissed in a breath every time sparks flew from the contact.

Finally, thank the gods and heavens above, they were done. They sat in the kitchen drinking coffee.

As they tried to figure out what happened last night, the memory of Abby’s skin against hers made Kate shiver. It didn’t get past Abby’s watchful eyes. She grinned and said in a voice filled with false innocence, “do you want to join me for lunch?”

Kate thought about it for a second then agreed. “I would like that, Abby. I would like that a lot.”