- Text Size +
"Sir are you ok?"

Gibbs' eyes flew open as they took in the room he sat up, laying before him was his Senior Field Agent. He sighed in relief as he saw his chest rise and fall rhythmically. He put his face in his hands, realizing that their were tears on his cheeks; he had been crying in his sleep. It had only been a couple hours since DiNozzo Senior had shot Tony, Gibbs hadn't left his side for one second, not even to call it in. Instead he sat by his side and wrote his report on the shooting of DiNozzo Senior; hoping that Tony would wake up soon.

"Boss….?" Tony said on cue.

"Bout time you woke up DiNozzo." Gibbs stated flatly.

"Sorry getting shot makes me a bit tired. I'll try harder to wake up sooner next time." Tony said sarcastically.

"You do that DiNozzo. But if you ever get a shot again you are going to want to stay unconscious for a while." Gibbs stated, Tony smirked.

"Boss, you realize you aren't scary anymore right?" he said, Gibbs looked up glaring, and Tony shrunk back. "Ok well, just a little bit scary."

"That's what I thought DiNozzo. Now will you get done healing so we can get out of here? We got a case." Gibbs said in his usual brisk manner.

"I'm trying boss. Unfortunately I don't possess the skill of regeneration just yet, I keep trying to work it out but the majority of the time I'm healthy." Tony said matter-of-factly.

"Doesn't seem like it to me DiNozzo, I find myself sitting at your bedside all the time." Gibbs said, Tony started laughing, as Gibbs swatted the back of his head, only stopping when his ribs and chest burned in pain.

"That's what you get." Gibbs said.

"One day Boss Karma is going to kick your ass too." Tony said, slurring his words as he pressed the morphine drip.

"Karma owes me." Gibbs said.

"I thought I was repayment." Tony stated smiling.

"Now it really owes me."