- Text Size +
Story Notes:
VERY AU, you have been warned!
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tim McGee has something hidden in his past... he is the son of an evil wizard, who once tried to take over the world with the use of a demon from Hell. At only thirteen years old, Timmy McGee had to conquer the demon and kill his father. The situation was covered up.
Now he is turning thirty, and someone from his past will rise up again, and threatens to harm all who Tim loves at NCIS. Will he accept the part of himself that is different from everyone else? Will he be able to conquer the darkness again? What has changed between him being thirteen and him being thirty? And if all that goes well, will he be able to tell someone how he really feels?
Chapter One: "I hope you prepared for something strange"

"Timothy! TIMOTHY!! COME BACK!!" his mother cried, clinging tightly to his seven year old sister.

But Timothy did not listen. He didn't want to listen anymore, he was tired of running; tired of being afraid. This thirteen year old boy was now ready to face his foe, and it was either going to be his enemy who fell... or him.

Gripping the chainsaw, he climbed up the damaged staircase of the abandoned mansion and watched as the giant cat-demon made it's way slowly towards where he left his mother and sister. Tim grabbed at the chain that would start the saw. He hesitated, knowing the noise would bring the attention to him, but he heard Sarah cry and he pulled the chain with so much force it almost fell in his hand.

Sure enough, the demon lifted its yellow eyes toward Tim, and he gave a great yell and jumped. He closed his eyes, and felt the chain saw go through something solid.

They both fell to the ground, Tim still had a hold on the saw and the saw still had a hold on the creature's neck. It was not pretty, but as the gore and blood spewed up from the neck sure enough Tim cut right through it and sighed. Thinking quickly, he took out a ligther and threw it towards his mother.

"Make a fire; then get out of here."

His mother, her brown eyes wide with fear at her blood soaked son, shook her head. "No. No. Not without you." She grabbed his arm, but he easily slipped out of her grasp.

Tim ignored his mother, and ran down a long hallway. He heard his mother cry for him, and his sister ruffaging for materials that would start a fire easily. Good old Sarah, Timmy thought, always level headed.

Soon Tim reached the library, located on the second floor of the mansion. Glass walls held them inside, but for the first time in days, Tim could see the blue sky. He allowed himself five seconds of happiness before settling his eyes on a most horrid sight: his father.

"Hello, son."

Tim nodded his head once. "Hello, father. Though I use the term loosely, seeing as how you are a slug."

"Oh, I wish it did not have to come down to this. I see the power in you as I see it in myself. We could be great, you know. A real team. A duo of power-"

"-that could have the world, have the power, the riches- yeah, Herman, I heard it all before." Tim dropped the gore-caked saw. "When I said no. What you are doing is wrong."

"You drop your weapon, how foolish." his father replied, moving towards him. Despite claims of being a most powerful wizard, Herman looked like a wrinkled, bald man who still thought that white suits were fashionable with bright blue belts tied around his waist. However, he was clean and Tim was not, which only added to the anger the young man felt inside.

"Your foolish to think that that was my only weapon." And as Tim said this, a small fire leaked up between the floorboards.

His father sneered. "I can easily get away from this, Timothy."

Tim nodded. "I know." Quickly, he took the Browning BDA9 he had hidden in a gun holster he tied to his back, and shot twice. Once hit his father in the chest- not a great shot, but the second went right through his neck.

Tim did not even get the chance to see his father go down. He dropped the gun as the flames grew higher, and ran fast. He hurled himself against the glass and fell the two stories to the ground.

"Timothy!" his mother yelled, and rushed over to her son to help him up.

As soon as he was on his feet he grabbed onto his mother and sister and all three began running. Behind them, the mansion crumbled down around the evil locked inside.

Of course, they could not tell anyone what had happened. Of course, they hid themselves from the small magical community they knew; changed their last name and began telling people that his father was an Army man who was reported lost over seas. They tried so hard to be normal. It was all they wanted.

Eventually, Tim relaxed some. He did not have much friends, but he was a social enough teen. He went through some excellent schooling- bachelor from John Hopkins University, then a masters from MIT. He decided to join NCIS; went through FLETC and soon joined a high ranking team in Washington D.C as their computer consultant. Other titles included field agent and assistant in the forensic lab.

For seven years, he enjoyed his life. He enjoyed the mundaness of the work at times; he enjoyed being teased by his partners Tony and Ziva. He enjoyed the sublte (and sometimes, not-so-subtle) flirting the forensic scientist, Abby, gave. He even enjoyed being periodically slapped on the back of the head by his boss (and father figure), Gibbs and the fun stories of one Dr. "Ducky" Mallard.

Everything finally seemed to be going right for Tim, who learned to supress his other abilities.

But then the dreams started coming.

Screaming. Death. Destruction. Yellow eyes looking up from the ground. These were dreams that he had had before...

But he never woke up before, finding the Browning BDA9 he left behind lying on the stand by his bed.
Chapter End Notes:
VERY AU, you have been warned!