- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The case is over.Is Kate and Gibbs to?
The case had finally been solved. All that had to be done now was to get a confession out of the murderer. According to McGee, Jason’s mother and step father were in some fancy hotel. They pulled up out the front and their mobile signal showed them they were at the hotel’s pool.
“ This will be easy” Tony said, but when they saw how big the pool area was, he changed his mind. Tony and Kate took one side of the pool and Gibbs and McGee took the other side. There was a lot of families in the pool along with young people, probably on their honey moon. Kate accidently bumped into a man. She turned to say sorry and when she saw his face she knew who it was.
“ Mr Orrick” she said Tony stopped and went back to Kate. Terry looked at the two of them.
“ Have you found Jason?” he asked, sounding like he cared.
“ Yes we have” Kate said. Tony was on the phone to Gibbs telling him they found him. Judy came up behind Terry.
“ Agent Todd, what are you doing here?” she asked.
“ They found Jason” Terry told her.
“ Where? Is he ok?” Jody asked frantically.
“ We found his body in a trash bin, not far from the sailor he was trying to save” Gibbs said as he and McGee joined them.
“ What? My Josh is dead” Jody said, starting to cry. Terry put an arm around her to comfort Jody. Kate watched for any emotion towards this news he kept a straight face the hole time.
“ Do you know who did this?” Terry asked.
“ That’s why we are here, Mr Orrick” McGee said.
“ Jody, did you see the fight between Terry and Josh?” Kate asked. Jody shook her head.
“ I was in the bath. All I could hear was the mumble of the yelling. When I came out it was over and Jason was gone” Jody told them. Terry’s grip on her got tighter and Gibbs knew they had him.
“ What if we told you that fight was the cause of his death” Tony said seriously.
“ The day after you said he left, the $56,00 that was in his bank account was withdrawn, by this man” Gibbs said showing them a photo of Terry at the teller. Jody stepped away from him.
“ What?” she said very confused.
“ He killed Jason so he could use the money Jason saved for colleague to go on a cruise” Gibbs told her.
“ He was going to use that to move out when he joined the marines” Jody said.
“ The fight you heard was Jason not giving Terry the money. He struck Jason when he refused, then went after him to finish him off” Tony told her. Judy turned to Terry.
“ How could you? You killed my little boy” she said furiously.
“ I wanted to take you on a holiday, you haven’t been on one since Jeff died. Jason was your only set back” Terry said. Jody hit him and he fell back into the pool. They all stood there watching him in the pool.
“ DiNozzo, McGee get him out of there” Gibbs ordered. They bent down and helped him out of the pool and hand cuffed him. McGee escorted Joy to her car so she could go home.