- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The truth comes out
Kate and Gibbs stood by the pool watching them walk away. Kate looked at the people swimming when she noticed a little girl struggling to stay above the water. Kate took her weapon off her belt and handed it to Gibbs before stepping into the pool and making her way to the little girl. Kate reached her and grabbed her and took her back to the side of the pool. Gibbs grabbed the little girl from Kate. The little girl thanked Kate then ran off. Gibbs helped Kate out of the pool.
“ Where is that girls parents, or even the life guards?” Kate said standing up.
“ I think you’ve found a new career” Gibbs said with a smirk.
“ Parent or lifeguard?” she asked him. He looked at her, in her wet clothes.
“ Shouldn’t you change that, now that its wet” he said pointing to her back, changing the subject. She could feel her dressing was wet and she needed to get a dry one as soon as possible.
“ Bugger. Could you help me?” she asked looking at Gibbs. He stood there, before finally pointing at the change rooms. They made their way to the change room.
“ I’ll get a towel” he said as he continued passed the change room. Kate walked inside, sat down and took her wet top off and waited for Gibbs to return with a towel and a new dressing. As she sat there with no shirt on she knew how awkward this would be for them as they haven’t been this close since they broke up almost a year ago. Gibbs walked up to her and sat the towel down next to her. He starred at her torso, it was exactly how he remembered it, but without the white dressing on it.
“ Thankyou for doing this Gibbs” she said sincerely.
“ Tell me if I hurt you” he said then started to slowly pull the soggy dressing off her back. He froze as he saw the stitches holding her beautiful skin together. He hadn’t realised how bad it was.
“ It really isn’t that bad. It definitely looks worse than what it is” Kate told him as she realised his hesitation.
“ Looks like its almost healed” he said as he started to dab the area with the towel.
“ The stitches come out next week” she said, happy at the thought. She could feel Gibbs gently putting on the new dressing. His hands were warm against her cold, wet skin.
“ All done” he told her.
“ Didn’t hurt a bit. You were always gentle with me Jethro” she said as she stood up, her back still facing Gibbs. He noticed that she called him Jethro, which brought back memories of when they were together. Kate picked up her wet top.
“ I cant wear this, and I cant walk out of here wearing just this” she said. Gibbs stepped forward, took his jacket off and placed it over her shoulders, then kissed her neck softly. Kate shivered. She hasn’t felt that in a long time and she missed it dearly. She put her arms into his jacket and turned around to face him. They starred into each others eyes.
“ I could always tell what you wanted just from looking into your eyes” he said.
“ And what do I want now” she said not breaking eye contact.
“ You want me to kiss you” he said quickly.
“ And are you?” Kate questioned.
“ Yes”.
“ When?”.
“ When I take you home” he said with a small smile. Kate smiled and nodded her head. Gibbs buttoned up his jacket she was wearing, grabbed everything from the bench and they exited the hotel.

Gibbs drove up Kate’s driveway, got out and went round to open her door and helped her out of the car. They both ran to her door, she opened the door as quick as she could and ran inside and turned to face Gibbs who wasn’t to far behind her. He closed the door behind him and stood in front of her.
“ Are you going to kiss me?” she asked with a smile.
“ First tell me, has there been anyone else” he asked seriously. She looked at him, her smile gone. Her eyes fell to the floor.
“ No. No one else. I just wanted you back” she said truthfully. Gibbs stepped closer and lifted her face to meets his.
“ I’m sorry Katie” he said before kissing her.