- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs and Kate get some alone time
Gibbs drove up Kate’s driveway, got out and went round to open her door and helped her out of the car. They both ran to her door, she opened the door as quick as she could and ran inside and turned to face Gibbs who wasn’t to far behind her. He closed the door behind him and stood in front of her.
“ Are you going to kiss me?” she asked with a smile.
“ First tell me, has there been anyone else” he asked seriously. She looked at him, her smile gone. Her eyes fell to the floor.
“ No. No one else. I just wanted you back” she said truthfully. Gibbs stepped closer and lifted her face to meets his.
“ I’m sorry Katie” he said before kissing her.

They lie in each others arms in Kate’s bed. Kate closes her eyes and holds on tighter to Gibbs.
“ Why did you leave?” she asked him softly. She felt his chest rise and fall as he took in a deep breath.
“ I was angry. Needed to get away” he said quietly.
“ You didn’t even say goodbye”. Gibbs didn’t say anything. She sat up and looked at him.
“ Did you think leaving without saying anything to me wouldn’t hurt me as much as if you did?” she asked. She wanted to yell at him but thought he might leave again. Gibbs didn’t know what to tell her. He didn’t want to hurt her more then he already had.
“ I don’t know what to tell you” he finally said. Not quiet the answer she had in mind. Gibbs sat up to be level with Kate.
“ I loved you so much. I couldn’t say goodbye” he said softly. Kate smiled.
“ Loved” she said with a little laugh in her voice.
“ I still love you, Katie” he said as she ran his hand over her cheek.
“ I never stopped loving you, Jethro” she said before leaning and kissing him.
“ Does that mean there was no one else while you were in Mexico?” she asked after their kiss.
“ Just my beer and the sun” he said with a smile. They sat there starring into each others eyes. Gibbs smiled.
“ What?” she asked.
“ I almost forgot how beautiful you are” he tells her.
“ And what about my scare?” she asked, knowing it would be a big ugly one.
“ Nothing would stop you from being beautiful” he said. Kate smiled and threw her arms around her. He hugged her back, a bit to hard.
“ Oh god” she yelled as she jumped put of Gibbs’ arms and off the bed. She stood up and took deep breaths to try and take her mind off it. Gibbs got off the bed and went over to her.
“ I’m so sorry” he said rubbing the small of her back.
“ Its ok” she said standing up.
“ I just need some water” she told him. He helped her to the lounge room, where she sat back on the cushions while Gibbs went and grabbed a glass of water for her. He sat at the other end of the lounge and started to massage her feet.
“ I think Mexico has changed you. You would of never done this before” Kate said with a smile.
“ It wasn’t Mexico” he said. Kate nodded.
“ So if me and Tony hadn’t gotten hurt, you wouldn’t be here” she said, her tone not as happy as before. Gibbs just shrugged his shoulders. Kate tried to read his expression, but it was impossible.
“ What would you have done if it was me lying in that hospital bed a year ago and I decided to disappear without a trace?” she said seriously.
“ I would go after you” he said not looking at her.
“ So I was suppose to go after you, even though I didn’t know where you were?” she said.
“ I didn’t want you to come after me”. Kate pulled her feet free from his grip.
“ I wanted you to move on. You deserve to be happy. It was clear when I returned you hadn’t done either” he told her. Kate was hugging her knees and not looking at him. So many emotions where running through her.
“ You make me happy. I could never move on. My love for you is so strong. I trust you more then I could ever trust anyone else and when you left, it was like someone had ripped my heart out” she said fighting back the tears that were building up. Gibbs moved up close to her on the lounge.
“ I’m here now and I’m not going anywhere” he told her. She looked at him and saw the seriousness in his eyes. She got up on her knees and wrapped her arms around his neck. Gibbs put his arms around her waist and held her tight. Kate couldn’t hold them in and let the tears fall down her face.