- Text Size +
Disclaimer: "NCIS" and its characters don't belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don't sue because I have no money.

Author's Note: I've decided to write a new chapter of this fic. I don't really like writing another chapter to a story if it only has one chapter. Only because the second chapter isn't as good as the first one and it is usually a disappointment to people that read it.

Loyal St. Bernard.

Tony stepped out of his car on a bright and sunny day and made his way towards headquarters. He smiled at the guard at the desk and took off his sunglasses that he had put on as he had gotten into his car. He wondered what kind of case they would get today and wondered how long it would take them to solve it. He smiled at the memory when Gibbs said and my loyal St. Bernard held out the last. Wouldn't it be a surprise to Gibbs to have him know that he could actually turn into a St. Bernard?

It had been two weeks since he had a chance to shift into his canine form at his parents place. He loved the times that he could be a St. Bernard. Too bad he couldn't do it more often. He smiled at his teammates as he threw his backpack by his desk. He sat down and turned the computer on. He looked up as Gibbs came in holding a cup of coffee and sat down at his desk.

"Hey, Boss."

"DiNozzo."

"We got a case. I was just up with Vance talking and someone called in and told him that someone from the Navy was going to be killed at the local dog show. We don't know whom yet because they didn't say. We will have to go undercover."

Tony wondered if he should go undercover as a dog and wondered if his parents would be okay with him telling Gibbs that he could turn into a canine. He was thinking and didn't hear the elevator ding that announced that there were visitors on the floor. He glanced up when he saw a shadow on his desk.

"Hi, Mom and Dad. What are you doing here?"

"We decided to come and visit you."

Gibbs watched as his Senior Agents parents interacted with Tony. He smiled at them as they turned towards him.

"Hello Gibbs. Nice to see you again."

They had met before. When Tony had the plague they were there for him and had nursed him back to health after he was discharged from the hospital. They also saw each other again a couple of months ago.

"Mr. And Mrs. DiNozzo."

"Hey, Boss. I have to talk to my parents for a bit and I'll be right back."

"We're in the middle of something."

"I know, but it will only take a second."

Gibbs sighed and then nodded that it was okay. Tony led his parents to the elevator and pressed the stop button as soon as the doors closed.

"I know that you don't want me to tell anyone that I can shift into a St. Bernard, but I think I may have to tell Gibbs. We just got a call that someone from the Navy is supposed to die at the local dog show. We have to go undercover and I might have to become a St. Bernard."

"Tony we just didn't want anybody to know in case something might happen. You know how unusual that someone can shift into a canine? Someone can kidnap you and try to do tests on you tests that may hurt. If you must tell Gibbs and trust him not to tell anybody then that is fine. You've worked for him a long time and if he can be trusted then we are alright with it." His father said.

"I may have to tell the rest of the team and Abby too."

"Like your father said if you trust them to not say anything then that is alright."

"I trust them with my life, Mom and Dad."

"Then go ahead and tell them."

"Thank you Mom and Dad." Tony said as he smiled and hugged his parents. He pushed the stop button again and they all stepped out of the elevators.

"Boss, can I talk to you?"

"What is it DiNozzo?"

"Can I talk to you in your conference room. Something I need to tell you and show you."

Gibbs walked towards the elevator and wondered what Tony wanted to tell him. "What is this about, Tony?"

Tony pulled the stop button again as the doors closed. "I had to clear it with my parents before I told you. It kind of has to do with the dog show."

"I'm listening, DiNozzo."

"Do you remember when you said that my loyal St. Bernard held out the last?"

"Yes. Why?"

"Because you can use me undercover for the dog show and because I can actually shift into a St. Bernard."

"Tony can't you for once be serious?"

"I am serious, Gibbs. I can actually shift into a St. Bernard. I'll show you."

Gibbs stepped back in surprise as a white, tan and black St. Bernard stood where Tony was supposed to be. The dogs green eyes turned towards Gibbs and he swore the dog had a grin on his face. Gibbs blinked as Tony changed back.

"See, I wasn't lying."

"How?"

"I got the genes from my Dad's side of the family. He can shift into a gray greyhound. My grandpa could shift into a Beagle."

"When did this start?"

"I think the first time was when I was four. I wasn't as good as I was then. I had the hardest time shifting back with my clothes on, but then my Dad taught me how."

"So you can put me into the dog show and I can help with the investigation. Maybe the killer will talk when the dogs are around and we can catch them. The only thing is you can't tell anyone about my changing into a St. Bernard. I might have to tell Abby, McGee and Ziva, but that's it. I don't trust Vance to keep my secret, but I do trust you guys."

"Okay, Tony. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone except to Abby and the team if you tell them."

"Thank you, Boss. I knew I could trust you." Tony smiled as he pushed the button again and the doors opened. He smiled at his parents who were talking to McGee and gave them a thumbs up and they smiled in return.