- Text Size +
Disclaimer: "NCIS" and its characters don't belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don't sue because I have no money.

Loyal St. Bernard

Gibbs shook his head and stared at his Senior Field Agent. He still couldn't believe that Tony could shift into a canine. It was so hard to believe. If he hadn't of seen it for himself then he would have never believed Tony and would have thought that he was joking.

He had told Tony to tell Abby about him changing, or shifting into a St. Bernard because she needed to fit him with a collar. That and they needed to put a tracking device on the color along with audio on the collar.

He wondered how that went.

Tony went down to the lab and watched as Abby danced to her music. He didn't want to shift here because there were too many cameras' here. He would have to ask her if he could come to her place tonight.

"Hey, Abby."

"Tony, what are you doing down here."

"I need to ask you something."

"Go ahead. Can I come by tonight. I need to talk to you about the case. I've already told Gibbs and I need to tell you too."

"What is it?"

"Not here too many cameras." Tony whispered in her ear.

"Okay, come to my apartment around 7:00."

"I'll be there."

Tony walked up to Abby's door and knocked. She smiled as she answered the door and when she shut it she turned to him.

"Okay, so why all the mystery Tony?"

"As you know that we have to go undercover at the dog show coming up."

"Yes, I know that part."

"The part that you don't know is that I can shift into a St. Bernard and I'll be entered in the dog show to help catch the killer. We are hoping that this person will talk with just the dogs around when there's no people."

"Really?" Abby replied curiously.

Tony shifted into a St. Bernard and then back again. It only took a second and Abby flew into Tony's arms. "That is so cool that you can do that, Tony." She said excitedly. Tony smiled at her.

"How can you do that? Is it in the genes? Can anybody else in your family do that? How old were you when you first shifted into a St. Bernard?"

"Yes, it is in the genes. My Dad can shift into a gray Greyhound; my grandpa could shift into a standard size Beagle. I was four years old when I first shifted into a St. Bernard. My Dad said he wondered if I would get the shifting gene and he wondered what kind of canine breed I would be."

"So how come Gibbs got to know first?"

"Because I thought that if I shifted then you guys can enter me in the dog show."

"This is so cool. Do you understand what we are saying in canine form? Do you think as a canine, or yourself?"

"Yes, I can understand everything everyone is saying. I think as myself because how can I turn back to myself if I don't? You need to fit me with a collar and it has to have audio on it too. I don't know if it will be possible to put a video hook up since I have lots of hair."

"This is so cool. I've never known anybody who could shift to an animal before."

"You do know that you can't tell anyone? The only one you can talk to about this is Gibbs for now. I might tell Ziva and McGee later. If you do talk about it you can't talk about it where cameras, or audio equipment is set up. This can't get out to anyone. Do you know how unique this is? If anybody finds out what I can do then people will kidnap me and do tests on my to see why I can do this. If they find out then not only I am in danger, but both my parents are too."

"I understand Tony. I won't tell anyone."

"Thank you, Abby. I know that I can trust you and Gibbs." He hugged Abby and then left. He smiled as he made his way to his car. He was so lucky that he had friends that could keep his secret. He knew that Abby would be excited to find out that he could shift. He knew that she would want to ask him lots of questions too. He still wondered if he should tell Ziva and McGee. He would go to Gibbs house and tell him that he told Abby about his shifting ability.