- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Kate and Gibbs do not work at NCIS but at a call centre.i thought i waould change it for a bit of fun.
Author's Chapter Notes:
dinner after work, changes a few things
Kate walks into work and grabs her usual seat in the second row of computers right behind the top sales person, the silver haired Leroy Jethro Gibbs. Kate admired him for his ability to sell and how he keeps his cool after so many rejections and rude calls. He walked in and took his usual seat in front of her. Kate gave him a quick smile and to her surprise he smiled back, which made her smile even bigger. For some reason she had a feeling today was going to be a good day.

Gibbs walks in and sees the young brunette sitting behind him. He liked hearing her sweet , soft voice everyday. As he got to his desk she smiled at him, he couldn’t help but smile back. He noticed that her smile got bigger after he smiled at her. Her smile was gorgeous, she was gorgeous. Gibbs thought she was the most gorgeous person who worked in this building.

They were only four hours into their shift and she saw Gibbs walk back with another cup of coffee, his fourth one so far. She knew this job was boring and tiring but she didn’t think it was that bad. There was something about him that made her so attracted to him. There were plenty of younger good looking men who worked with her, but it was the older, silver haired man she wanted.
Finally the shift was finished and everyone piled into the lifts. She could feel Gibbs’ presence behind her as she opened her bag and searched for her phone. When the lift doors opened Kate stepped out and Gibbs behind her saw a glove fall out of her bag. He chased after her.
“ Excuse me” he said tapping her on the shoulder. She spun around and met his blue eyes.
“ You dropped your glove” he told her holding it out to her. Kate looked down at it.
“ Oh thank you so much” she said with a smile as she took it from his hand.
"No problem”.
“ Jethro right?” she said with a smile. Gibbs just nodded his head.
“ I’m Kate” she told him holding her hand out. He grabbed it softly.
“ I know” he said then walked away. Kate watched him go. She was frozen.
‘ He knows my name’ was all she could think until she was able to move again. That night all Kate could think and dream about was him.

‘ Thank god its Friday’ Kate thought as she made the walk from the station to her work building. When she walked in she saw a spare seat next to Gibbs’ usual chair. She walked over to it and put her things down and got comfortable, watching the door for him to arrive. It was almost time to start and he still wasn’t there.
“ Everybody we have a problem with the system so just bear with us for a few minutes” Lee announced, one of the supervisors. Kate turned to her computer and noticed it was off.
“ Bugger” she said softly as she realised hat had happened. She got off her chair, got down on her hands and knees and went under the desk where the cables where. She could see her foot had pulled out the power cord. She pushed it back in then froze when she heard a voice behind her.
“ Do you need any help down there?” came Gibbs’ voice.
“ No I got it” she said. She then realised what he would be looking at and hurried up off the floor. She dusted herself off as she stood in front of him.
“ My foot got caught on the cord” she explained with a smile.
“ I hate it when that happens” Gibbs said as he sat down in the seat next to her. They started their calls and Kate felt so lucky to be sitting next to Gibbs. Every time she got she looked over at him. She thinks he is her good luck charm as her sales are sky rocketing today since sitting next to Gibbs.
It was the end of another shift and Kate was outside of the phone.
“ What do you mean you cant come? Well what am I going to do for diner?” she said into the phone as Gibbs walked out of the building. Kate closed the phone and put it away in her bag.
“ I’ll take you to diner” he said as he stopped in front of her. Kate looked at him surprised. A small smile crossed her face.
“ It’s ok. I’ll get something on the way home” she told him.
“ Kate, I’m taking you to diner” he said grabbing her hand and leading her down the street. He takes her to a small Chinese shop not to far from the train station.
“ Jethro, you know you didn’t have to do this” she told him as she sat back in her seat.
“ It’s Friday night, you deserve to be taken out” he said with a smile, taking a sip of his drink.
“ Well thank you anyway. It’s been lovely” she said with a smile.
They left the little shop and they made their way to the train station.
“ What platform are you on?” she asks him as they head towards the ticket gates.
“ 12” he says pulling out his ticket. They both walk through. Kate looks up towards where he has to go.
“ I’m on 20” she tells him looking to her left, the stairs are just there. Gibbs nods and grabs her hand and leads her up the stairs to platform 20.
“ You don’t have to walk me to my train” she says walking up the stairs.
“ I want to” he tells her. They reach the platform and it is virtually empty, except for a couple of other lat working people.
“ Well thank you for tonight Jethro, I enjoyed it a lot” she said with a smile looking up at him. He smiled at her.
“ So did I” he said stepping closer to her.
Kate’s body temperature suddenly started to rise at this new closeness. She did like him, but it was wrong. They worked together, and he was much older. She starred into his eyes, then to his lips. She wanted to kiss them so much but knew she couldn’t. She knew nothing about him. He had no ring, but did he have a girlfriend? Boyfriend?
Her thoughts were interrupted when his hand softly ran over her cheek.

She stood there in front of Gibbs, just starring at him. He had to move. It was tonight or never. He stood closer to her, he could feel the heat from her instantly. He smiled as he could see her mind ticking over to try and figure out what to do at this moment.
Gibbs reached out and touched her silky smooth cheek. He wanted more of her then that. He leaned down and took her mouth with his in a slow kiss. He felt her body relax under his touch, but then she tensed back up and all of a sudden was pulling away from him.
“ Jethro I am so sorry, I cant do this” she said to him as she turned to walk away. He reached out and grabbed her arm and pulled her back so she was in front of him again.
“ Jethro, please don’t make this hard for me” she said. He could have sworn she was crying. If not on the outside, possibly on the inside.
“ We’re adults Kate, if it feels right do it” he told her softly.

‘ God, he is so right. We are both adults, we can make our own decisions’ she thought to herself. She turned back to him, grabbed him from the collar of his shirt and pulled him to her and kissed him back.
“ I’ve wanted to do that for a long time” she say with a soft smile. Gibbs smiled at her, then gave her a short kiss.
“ And I want to keep doing it for a long time” she said softly, rubbing her hand up and down his chest. A big smile grew over Gibbs’ face.
“ So do I” he told her, then gave her another kiss just as her train arrived.
Chapter End Notes:
Kate and Gibbs do not work at NCIS but at a call centre.i thought i waould change it for a bit of fun.