- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I love reading NCIS/NCIS LA crossovers so I decided to right one. Keep reading because this ride gets bumpy. (cheesy i know)
Author's Chapter Notes:
When the NCIS LA team comes to help out NCIS in DC under Vance's orders, the LA team find out how NCIS DC runs their operations. A suprising twist follows.
NCIS LA HQ
Eric whistled on the top of the stairs, a signal that they were needed. So the NCIS LA team raced up the stairs to meet him. Callen, Sam, Kensi, Eric, Hetty, and Nate were greeted by the Director over live video feed.
"Evening Director," Callen said to Director Vance over the MTAC screen.
"Good evening Agent Callen," responded Vance.
"Director Vance has a proposition for us," said Hetty.
"And what would that be?" Sam asked.
"All of you will be escorted to our DC office. We have a tough case that needs fresh minds. Your flight leaves tomorrow morning at 0500. Go home. Pack your bags." Vance announced.
"Yes, Sir," answered the team in unision.
NCIS DC Squad Room
"All I am saying is that Gibbs should be back by now. He has been in the Directors office for nearly 2 hours," said Tony looking up at Ziva from his desk. They had a major case and were putting BOLOs out on stolen cars and a suspect they had as their serial killer.
"I am sure he has his reasons. Do not judge a book by its pages, Tony," answered Ziva.
"It's cover. Don't judge a book by its cover," retorted Tony.
"Right. My point is, if he has been up there for that long it has to be something impor-" Ziva didn't get to finish her sentence, but was cut off by:
"DiNozzo, David, McGee! Director's office, now!" barked Gibbs from the top of the stairs.
Tony, Ziva, and McGee ran up the stairs to Vance's office. Vance was not in the room when they were in, but came in quickly after them.
They all stood in front of the Director's desk, waiting for him to speak.
"I have just notified the NCIS LA office that they are to report to DC to help you with this case. I thought it would be a good idea to have a fresh set of eyes to maybe see things we wouldn't see. They should arrive here around 0700." Vance said. ( I have no idea how long it takes to get from LA to DC so I played it to work with the story.)
The team sighed. They had all this work and now they had to do introductions. At least there were more people to work on the case.
The team headed down the stairs toward the squad room and settled at each of there desks.
They worked all night into the early hours of the morning. Tony and Ziva went down to fill Abby in on what they had found.
It was about 0700 when the whole NCIS LA team found a sleeping Agent McGee sleeping at his desk. Agent Gibbs was leaning back in his chair, arms crossed, eyes closed.
Sam made a fake coughing noise which resulted in Gibbs and McGee to jolt and wake up, guns pointed at the NCIS LA team.
"Whoa man. We met before. Sorry to wake you," said Sam.
"They should be awake anyway," replied Vance.
"Ahh, Director. So nice to see you," said Hetty.
"Nice to see you too. And to the rest of you," he nodded to the rest of the team. "Where are Agents DiNozzo and David?"
"Last time I saw them they were headed down to Abby's lab," replied McGee.
"Well, why don't you show them her lab while you fetch DiNozzo and David." said Vance.
"Lead the way," said Kensi.
Abby's Lab
The NCIS LA team plus Gibbs and McGee walked out of the elevator to hear music blaring from the lab.
"Abs!" yelled Gibbs over the music.
McGee walked over to the stereo to turn it off.
They found Abby lying down on her farting hippo, Bert. Across from her, Tony and Ziva were lying up against of the machine, Ziva's head on Tony's shoulder.(
Think when they were asleep searching for that microchip thingy.)
Gibbs walked over to Abby and gently shook her. "Abs. Abs, wake up. It's 0700."
Abby jumped up. "What? It's what! I've been asleep for two hours. We have to catch this guy, Gibbs!"
Gibbs put a hand on her shoulder. "Abs, just chill."
"Did you just ask me to chill. Gibbs there is a killer on the loose."
"Abby take a break. Here," Gibbs handed her a Caf-Pow. "Look who's here."
"What? Oh, hi guys. Good to see you again."
There was a chourus of "Hi Abbys" from the assortment of people standing in her doorway.
"Uh, Boss?" McGee pointed to Tony and Ziva.
Gibbs smirked. He walked over to the two.
"DiNozzo! David!" Gibbs yelled.
The NCIS LA team watched in awe as Tony and Ziva shot up, guns pointed in every direction.
"Is that a regular wake up routine for your team, Gibbs?" asked Callen.
Gibbs smirked.
"Oh," Tony and Ziva put down their guns. "Hey, Boss. Me and Ziva went down here to fill Abby in and... Well I don't know what happened after that." Tony sighed.
"Let's all go down to Ducky so we can start official introductions.































Chapter End Notes:
I love reading NCIS/NCIS LA crossovers so I decided to right one. Keep reading because this ride gets bumpy. (cheesy i know)