- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
They found Tony but will he make it?
What's going on, they wana know...
‘Anthony, hey, Anthony, hold on’ Gibbs pleaded at the emotionless Tony.

‘I’m hang…hanging…o...on….boss’ Tony replied, ‘I’m not gona let you down boss, not anymore’

‘Hey! You listen to me, you never let me down! The girl that died Tony, it wasn’t your fault, and you shot west’

‘In the arm boss! In the arm! I missed badly…’

‘Because they drugged you DiNozzo!’

‘I’m sorry…’

‘Tony! Tony!’

‘Boss the paramedics are here’ McGee interrupted

‘Hey! Over here!’ Gibbs yelled, a few men came in and put Tony on a stretcher.

‘He’s not breathing’ one of the men called,

‘Clear!

Clear!

Clear!’ Tony stopped breathing but then….

‘Got a faint pulse! Hurry!’ another man called, a sigh of relief washed over Gibbs, Ziva and McGee.

At the hospital

‘Hang on Tony, just hang on’ Abby kept saying to herself,

Ziva was praying in Hebrew,

Tim was crossing his fingers and staring at his feet,

Jimmy was looking very worried and upset,

Ducky was sitting down with an uncertain and sad look on his face,

Leon was waiting patiently, with an unreadable expression on his face, but it was easy to tell he wasn’t happy,

Gibbs was tapping his foot impatiently, looking very worried, upset and sipping his coffee.

A few minutes later…

‘Umm hello, are you all her for special agent Anthony DiNozzo?’ a tall blonde handsome man asked.

‘Yeah, we are’

‘Ahh, you must be special agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs, I’m Dr. Harvey Stewarts.’

‘Officer David’ Ziva introduced herself,

‘This is special agent Timothy McGee’ she introduced Tim,

‘Dr. Donald Millard’,

‘Jimmy Palmer, Ms Abigail Scuito and’ she stopped and smiled at the director to let him introduce himself,

‘Director Vance’ he said.

‘Nice to meet you, you all must be worried about agent DiNozzo’ and before he could finish his sentence Abby spoke,

‘How is he doc?’ he asked with a hint of panic in every word.

‘Ms Scuito, agent DiNozzo, his injuries were critical, but he is now stable, he’s fine and should make a physical recovery in a few days, however, he will have many scars and stitches, and I’m not very sure about his mental recovery, he has been through a lot’ Dr. Stewart continued, ‘but for now I am sure you all want to see him, so you may’

‘Thank you’ the said one by one,

‘Just follow me, I’ll show you where his room is’

‘Here. O and be gentle will you?’

‘Of course’ Gibbs replied before anyone else.

They stepped inside slowly and quietly,

‘You guys don’t have to do that you know, I’m awake’ Tony smiled.

‘You should be asleep Tony!’ Ziva said.

‘Hmm, I actually started to feel lonely’

‘Shut up DiNozzo’ Gibbs smiled and was happy Tony had the same sense of humour as always.

‘DiNozzo, I have to go, but I’m glad your okay, but no field work for a week’ Vance said with a laugh.

‘Thanks Director’ and with that Vance left.

Abby went over to Tony gave him a big hug then slapped him, ‘that is for almost getting yourself killed, O Tony, I’m so happy your okay!’ she said happily then, ’well I’ll see you later, we’re only supposed to have a moment, ‘get well soon DiNozzo’ and she left.

‘Get well soon Tony’ McGee said then Ziva told him to be careful then they left together, Jimmy and Ducky wished him luck then there was only Gibbs left.

He smiled and walked over to Tony, ‘Hey, you okay?’

‘Fine’ Tony replied returning the smile.

‘Honestly DiNozzo, that’s the best you can do?’ Gibbs asked,

‘Fine, I just feel a little tired.’

‘That’s better, Anthony, I don’t know how it felt, not Ziva, Tim, Abby, Duck or Jimmy, no one knows what you went through’ Gibbs continued, ‘I know it must’ve been hell, but Anthony, just because we didn’t feel what you felt, what you feel, it doesn’t mean we’re not here, it doesn’t mean we don’t have your six.’

‘Thanks boss’ Tony gulped, memories from the flashback, him being drugged, beaten, stabbed, he blocked it out a second too late though, ‘I’m sorry boss’

‘Don’t sa-‘

‘It’s a sign of weakness, I know boss, but…’

‘HEY! You listen to me DiNozzo! You have nothing to say sorry for! And I wasn’t going to say it was a sign of weakness I was gona say, don’t say it, because I should be the one saying it’

‘Boss, don’t, if you do it always means something’s wrong’

‘DiNozzo, something is wrong! Look at you! You were drugged, stabbed, beaten, shot, not to mention you nearly died!’

‘Well boss, I’m fine now, I swear’

When Gibbs was about to speak a nurse came in and kindly told Gibbs that Tony needed his rest, Gibbs nodded but then,

‘Wait, I have to ask you something, my father, it’s not true… is it?’

‘I’m sorry Anthony’

CHAPTER 8

‘So, you did miss me after all’

A few days later…

Tony smiled as he got out of Gibb’s car that was now parked in front of NCIS HQ,

‘Oh god… I’m so happy to be back here again’

‘I know’ Gibbs replied’

As Tony and Gibbs entered NCIS HQ was pitch black, the lights were out, when Tony switched them on,

‘SURPRISE!’

Ziva, Tim, even Gibbs who now stood with the crowd, Ducky, Jimmy, Abby, Vance

Tony smiled, received hugs from everyone, and a handshake from Vance. There was a giant sign that said: Welcome be DiNozzo!

Tony looked over at his desk and found it filled with presents, and then he spoke,

‘So, you did miss me after all’