- Text Size +
It had been about two months and it was time to get an ultrasound done and Gibbs was there to be with me. I had decided on something, I was going to tell Gibbs something. We had become good friends, he had come up for two weekends to just sit and talk. Amazingly, we had a good time. Well, other than I was still in love with him, but I had come to some conclusions. He had mentioned that I could move back and live with him so we could raise the child together. He had said it like he wasn't necessarily looking for me to share his bed.

They slid the gel on my stomach and I shivered, it was so cold! I had taken my shirt off and pulled my pants down far enough so the doctor could move the scanner. I looked at the screen and I could feel Gibbs squeezing my hand. I could hear the heart beats - I froze.

"Doc, are there two heart beats?" The doctor nodded as he ran it over my stomach.

"Well, congratulations, you have twins. Would you like to know the sex of each baby?" I nodded, we had talked about this for a month, we wanted to know the sex of the babies. The doctor smiled as he started to check.

"Well, it looks like you have a boy and a girl, one of each. I'll let you two talk." He handed me some paper towel to wipe my stomach clean and he headed out. Jethro just stared at the screen.

"Tony, two of them! Can you believe that? I mean, I know it happens, just, damn, a boy and a girl!" He was shocked and so was I. He helped me sit up and I slid down off the table and pulled my sweats up and slipped the shirt back on.

"You know how you offered for me to live with you?" He looked to me.

"Yeah, I remember and I still want you to, so we can raise the twins together and I can watch them grow up. I want to be a father again. I may be scared but they are mine." His fingers slid over my stomach and I looked at him.

"Okay, these are my conditions. I don't want to work until the twins are five and going to school. I don't want to put them through daycare, I want to show them love 24/7, until they start school. Then I'll get a part time job so I can be with them after school." Gibbs nodded, he was still caressing my swollen belly.

"I agree, I want the kids to be with the one of us until they start school. You've already talk to Mac?" I nodded.

"Yeah, and said my goodbyes. All my things are packed and ready to send to your house." Gibbs laughed.

"So, you knew I was going to say yes?" I nodded and slid on my hoody, one of the few that still fit me. We left the doctors office, still talking.

"Talked to the doctor before, there's one back in D.C. that he had asked to see me and I already told Brad. He needs to meet me in a few days." Gibbs didn't speed like a bat out of hell with me in the car and I really had to thank him for that some day because his usual driving would probably have me throwing up while we drove back to D.C. "Since tomorrow is Saturday, do you mind if we call the team, Abby and Ducky over? I want to tell the team and Ducky, unless you told him already?" He nodded as he drove.

"Nope, I talked to Mac a few times to make sure you were being safe enough at work, that's it. But the team are family to us and I think it's a good idea to tell them about the twins. Does Abby know who the father is?" I shook my head as I looked at him.

"Didn't want to tell her 'cause I was scared she was going to get on to you. It was my choice for us not to be in a relationship, and you know Abby…" He nodded and kept driving.

When we got to his place some of the boxes were on his porch waiting for us, already dropped off by UPS. Gibbs wouldn't let me lift anything but the small suitcase I had with me. He put the boxes in the spare bedroom. I walked into the other guest room that was now the nursery. The crib itself was beautiful, bigger then most so it would work for twins. I ran my fingers over the rosewood.

"It was Kelly's, along with the rest of the furniture. I never got rid of it, couldn't, but now I have a reason for keeping it around." I turned around and looked at him a little stunned.

"Are you sure you want to use Kelly baby furniture? I mean we could get some new stuff. These were your daughter's things." He smiled and walked over and slid his finger along the head of the crib.

"I think Kelly would want her little brother and sister to have a good crib and the best furniture." I nodded to him and stood there looking it all over. Then I moved to my room and started to unpack my things and put them away where they needed to go. Gibbs came in and asked me where to put things and he helped me get the work done faster. When I was done, I laid down on the bed.

"I need a nap, I feel drained." Gibbs nodded and he closed the door as he went out. I fell into a deep sleep, under the covers. When I woke up I came downstairs and went to the kitchen to get myself a glass of milk. I rubbed my stomach, they moved around and I knew the real kicking would start in a month or so. Truth is, I'd been worried about feeling one kick me in the ribs and now I was going to feel two kicking my ribs!

"You two had better not beat the hell out of my ribs." Gibbs walked in and leaned against the counter.

"No luck there, Tony. I am sure you're going to get a good kicking every day once you get about five or six months. They're going to be cramped in there." I took his hand and placed it on the spots where they were moving. His face lit up as he grinned. "So, what about names? Do you have any ideas?" I nodded and looked at him.

"Jade Catlin Gibbs and Jasper Mac Gibbs. I thought for our little girl a good namesake would be Kate, and I want to make Mac the godfather of the twins. He's been there for me when I was too scared to tell you and he made sure that I was okay. He was there, supporting me, all the way." Gibbs nodded some.

"I like Jasmine over Jade, what do you think? Jasmine and Jasper sound like something twins should be named?" I thought it over and nodded.

"Yeah, I like that better. I think that the names are sorted now. Those will fit them well."

His hands slid along my stomach and laughed.

"They're moving a lot today, means they're getting bigger and can move their bodies better."

If there were people around and they didn't know that I was pregnant, they would think that Gibbs was obsessed with my stomach.

"When the team, Abby & Ducky come over tomorrow, hands off my stomach until we tell them. They're going to think you've got a tummy fetish." He laughed, a full hearted laugh like I'd rarely heard from him before, and it was beautiful and infectious, so I started to laugh along with him. He leant against the counter.

"Tony, I love you." He looked at me, his eyes wide. "Shit Tony… I, shit"

I looked at him, I was a bit shocked.

"Do you love me, Jethro?" He walked over and stroked my face before he kissed me, oh so slowly.

"More then I ever thought I could or would! It's hard not to have you around, when you lived up there it was like my heart was missing something all the time." I looked at him and pulled him in to kiss him slowly. Whispering as I did.

"I love you too, Jethro."

He led me to his bedroom where we made love. Afterwards, we just laid there, talking. I had decided to be with Jethro, not only for my children but for myself. He said he loved me and it was rare that he said something that he didn't mean. This is how I wanted our family to be: me and Jethro a couple. We'll raise our twins together and live together for the rest of our lives. It wouldn't always be easy but we could do it.

~Finished~