- Text Size +
I had called Ducky first. He tried to talk me in to coming back but when he saw he couldn't do that, he had wished me good luck where I was but he wanted to keep in touch and I would. Now Abby was trying harder and I had to tell her to stop and breathe every now and then. She told me that Gibbs was worse then normal, he missed me and wanted me back. Tim missed me as well and they all wanted me back. I had to make her see I wasn't coming back, she could come visit anytime she wanted and that I would keep in touch.

The next two months I worked hard and was learning a lot. Mac had finally let me work with some of the other team members on the team. I was a level one, basically a rookie. To be truthful, I wasn't at all concerned, my all my heart and faith were still shattered. I think the team could tell, but I was doing my work and getting good results, so they really didn't say much. I was sitting on my couch with a movie playing on the DVR. I wasn't really watching it, when there was a knock on my door. I went to answer it to find Gibbs stood there.

I stepped back to let him in. "Hey, Gibbs!" He grunted at me. I went to the kitchen to make the coffee I knew he would want and he followed me in.

His anger radiated from his voice there goes for him calming down in two months. "DiNozzo, what the hell were you thinking, leaving the team?"

I didn't look at him. I just concentrated on making his coffee. "Gibbs, how long are you in town for?" I didn't want to answer his question, damn it, and I really wasn't going to.

He took me by the shoulder turned me around and looked me straight in the eye. "I asked you a damn question, DiNozzo."

I looked at him, trying to figure out how the hell I was going to get out of this. "DiNozzo, I know you went through a lot when you got the plague and then Kate being killed. But it's not like you to run and leave your team behind."

I looked at him. "What the hell do you mean, it's not like me? I went through three different departments before I came to NCIS. Just 'cause NCIS was my longest job doesn't mean that I wouldn't run from it too." God, I went and admitted that I had run from a job.

I got a head slap for that! I had missed those but I couldn't go back. "DiNozzo, you left me with Tim who sometimes who doesn't know what the hell he is doing and a new agent to train."

I looked at him as I leaned against my kitchen counter. "Ziva is good enough to have your six, Gibbs, and she is trained in other things that will make her a good agent, once she gets a hang of doing NCIS work. I didn't leave you with out a good team. They just need a little work and you will be fine without me."

That got a growl and another head slap. "Who the hell do you think you are? To think you know what I need, DiNozzo?" I looked at him, he was right there.

I handed him a cup of coffee and took my own. We went to the living room and sat down. "You're right, Gibbs. I have no damn clue who you are. But I trust the team you have to do the job and for the job to be done right. Before Tim joined us you were already working with just two agents beside your self."

He looked over at me and snapped, "That's 'cause I had a good senior agent to help me train the rookies." I couldn't take this any more.

We had both lost our tempers through all this. "Go home, Gibbs. I am not coming back. I am learning to work as a CSI and I have been doing good there. You know me! Know that I can be hard headed! You're not my Boss now and you can't make me do shit."

I stood up. I didn't want to take this any longer because seeing him was breaking my heart. God, I still loved him. I walked to the door and opened it. "Get out, Gibbs!"

The next thing I knew, the door was closed and I was being pinned to the wall, with Gibbs kissing me and I was kissing him back just as hard. The next thing I know, we were in my room with our clothes off. I couldn't think! It was a hard and fast and, before I knew it, all over. When it was done,

I couldn't think straight. I sat up and slid my hands through my hair. "Get out, Gibbs."

I ran my hands through my hair, this was what I had always wanted! But I couldn't go back! "You were too late, Gibbs. But that is a memory I will always have now and I don't regret that. But I can't go back and there no way in hell you're going to make me." My wounds from Kate being shot and getting that sick with the plague were still too fresh in my mind.

He didn't say a word. I went to take a shower and when I came out he was gone. I hoped to god that he had gone back home. I went to work the next day. I had made a call on Monday, two days after it all happened, and Abby told me that Gibbs was back at work and he seemed a bit off. I told her I had to go to work because I didn't want to answer her questions.

I had to go to work cause I didn't want to answer her questions.