- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
OOC: This one is going to be a little shorter then my normal not by a lot but this is just a small look back, from the point of view of Gibbs, after that night with Tony.
I sat down at my desk and looked at Tim and Ziva. We were working cold cases. I had lost my temper with Tony! Then I kissed him, we had ended up making love and that was something I would never forget. What had got me the most was that he told me I was too late! Did that mean he cared about me the way I had cared about him all this time? I was a idiot but I wasn't going to give up on getting him back here! The team needed him and I needed him, damn it. I knew that while I worked on getting him back, Mac would take care of him. He was a good man and a good friend. He kept me up-to-date about Tony and how he was learning fast and was making a good CSI. I didn't doubt that he was doing good work and learning fast, he had done the same for me.

I don't know what to do. I may not get him back to NCIS but I was going to visit him every weekend I had off to try and work out things between us. I know this would take a long while but he was worth it! I still wanted Tony as a friend, if nothing else, I wanted that. Besides Kate dying, I think I screwed some things up and I needed to fix them with him. He had been with me for five years and during those five years we had become close. He wasn't here working for me but I was glad he was working for a good team leader. And from what Mac told me, he was gaining some faith in his work again. I had seen after Kate and the plague that he had lost that, but I didn't know how to fix it. I've never been good with words. Just ask my ex-wives! Maybe, he was where he needed to be, to get that faith back. Maybe, after he got his faith back he would come home.

Right, that part is decided! I would stop pushing him to come back. I would just go and try to be a friend. He had made it clear that he didn't regret that night we made love and neither did I. I would make sure he knew that and that I wanted to be friends. Maybe we could try take things slow but I wasn't going to push for anything right know. For now, I was going to work on us just being friends. It was a bit insane to drive to New York City and back on the weekends I wasn't working a case but it was worth to stay friends with Tony.