- Text Size +
About two weeks after Gibbs' first visit, he was back. He looked at me and said, "Tony, I want to be friends and if you're better off here in New York City then I am not going to push you to come home!"

I froze. He seemed serious about this so I let him in. I went to the kitchen with him following.

He watched me for a while as I started to make coffee. "Tony, I don't regret that night that we shared either. I am going to visit as often as I can when I have a weekend off, if you agree. I want to at least stay friends. I don't want to lose the friendship we had from those five years of working together. At least give me that Tony." He sat down at the kitchen table.

I sat down, sitting down two cups of coffee. We both took a sip, before I carefully said, "We can try, Gibbs. That's all I can give you, for now."

He nodded slightly and leaned back on his chair. "That's all I am asking for Tony."

I nodded back and relaxed a little. He asked me how work was going, so I told him that I was learning to do what Abby did for us at NCIS.

He nodded and said, "Guess that's a bit of a challenge but you always worked best when challenged to do something."

I laughed a little, we talked for a little while. Then a call came in, I answered "DiNozzo." I listened and grunted and I hung up. I stood up grabbed my gun and badge. "Mac needs me on a scene and I gotta go. The spare bedroom has a bed and it's made. Get some rest, Gibbs." I headed out with a goodbye from him.

Don was picking me up since the case was close and he was the lead detective. I grabbed my kit from by the door and headed out to wait for Don. As we headed to the scene I thought that maybe this would turn out okay, being friends with Gibbs. There was a chance it could be more than that, it may be hard though due to the fact we lived about eight hours away from each other. The problem was, there was going to be times I worked the weekend and he would be able to spend time with me and vice versa. Don and I got to the scene and I set my mind to work. We worked the scene, it took the whole team. There were five dead and it looked pretty bad.

I was still at work at about 0200 so I had called Gibbs. I remembered his cell phone number after all this time! I let him know we had a big case and there wasn't much chance we would have any time to spend together. He let me know that for now that was okay 'cause he had said what he needed to and he was going to give me time to think it over. He said he was headed home. I kind of regretted that 'cause I would have loved to spend some time with him. The next month we kept in touch, it seems we were both real busy. So I did what I thought was best and told Gibbs that we should just keep it to talking on the phone, he shouldn't come visit anymore right now. Whenever one of us got a vacation, we would travel to see each other 'cause that seemed like a good idea. When he said that he agreed it didn't really sound like he liked the idea but he seemed to be wanting to give me space as well.

I had been with the CSI, here in New York City, for about three and a half months and the team was starting to trust me and have faith in me. I had started to trust the team and found out they were just as good at having each others backs as NCIS was and I was glad for that. Something wasn't right though! For the past week I had been throwing up every morning, then feeling fine afterwards and I was able to get to work to do my job. But today was different! We were going into a scene; it was me, Mac and Don. When all of a sudden I ran out and found my self kneeling down before a bush and throwing up. Mac and Don came out, I guess they may have thought I was hurt. "Sorry, Mac!" He nodded at me and I went to stand up but everything went black and I passed out.

When I woke up I was in the damn hospital, the one place I hated. Mac told me that he had promised Gibbs that if I showed any signs of being sick, he would get me to the hospital fast 'cause of the plague.

To my surprise Brad came in! I smirked and leaned back away from him. "Tony. Man, can't believe you transferred over here."

I shrugged at him and replied, "Long story, man." Something in his face told me something was up. "Spill it, Brad. What do I have know?"

He sat down on the bed and looked me in the eyes. "Tony, you're pregnant."

I looked at him and laughed. "Good one, that just couldn't happen to me as well."

He looked at me, he looked dead serious. "Tony, you are pregnant. I wish it was a joke, believe me, 'cause with your lungs we have to be careful."

When he mentioned my lungs I knew he was serious. "Gibbs is waiting on my report on how you are doing."

I grunted, yeah, I figured Mac had probably called Gibbs. "Well tell him I just have a stomach bug then, I don't want him knowing this."

He looked to me and nodded. "He is still your next of kin you know that right?"

I nodded, I hadn't changed it. "Just tell him something other then this, please?"

He nodded. "You are still my patient, Tony, and you have a right to withhold information on your health, even from your next of kin."

I wanted to be honest, maybe I would feel better telling someone. "Gibbs is the last person I slept with Brad."

He looked a little shocked. "Damn, Tony, that's big." I nodded at him. "Okay, we're keeping you overnight to get some tests so I can see exactly where your health is at."

I nodded, I'd expected as much to happen. He said his goodbyes and headed out. I couldn't help it but I fell asleep.