- Text Size +
I was about nine weeks pregnant now and the dizziness was about my only problem. The pills helped cure the nausea. Brad was having me come in every two weeks, to check on me 'cause of the fact that my lungs were not all that healthy to start with and he wanted to make sure that the baby is okay. To top it off, he was doing this all pro bono. He was co-working with another doctor that dealt with pregnancy. I had told Hawk. I had decided to give him the news 'cause if I was back at NCIS, I would have told Ducky, in case something happened at work. The fact was that I didn't trust a lot of doctors, it was down to four now. Sid was odd but he knew what he was doing. When one of us was hurt on a case he was on with us, he made sure we were okay, he went doctor on us. Then there was Ducky, I trusted him. He had proven himself to me in the five years I'd known him.

Then there was Brad, who was actually the only one that worked with living people! He made me feel comfortable when I was sick with the plague. He didn't sugar coat anything, trying to make it easer for me to hear and I appreciated that. It had been a week since I found out and last night, I told Stella on a case 'cause I had gotten real dizzy. Stella is our mother hen. She was shocked but took it in her stride. Danny was on the case with us, so she had someone take me back to the office and she had called Mac. Mac had me lay down on the couch in his office and told me to rest some. When I awoke, I went straight back to work. Danny was worried but he was like me, he joked his way around and Don was with us. I grunted to myself and, taking a deep breath, thought here goes nothing. I told them that I was pregnant and I wasn't kidding! I even showed them the ultrasound. I was right, I got teased but they were not as hard as I thought they would be.

Well the whole team were working on a case when I head it!

"TONY!" Everyone turned with me to see a bouncing, pigtailed goth who ran right into my arms, pinning me to the wall! I grunted at her urgently.

"Abby, can't breathe." She stepped back, the biggest smile I'd ever seen on her face. The team was a bit shocked. "Abby, how the hell did you get in here?" She flashed her NCIS id at me. I grunted and looked at her before reaching out to kiss her cheek.

"I got vacation time and told Gibbs I was coming to check on you and spend some time with you." I took out a card and wrote on the back and handed her a key.

"Go get your self settled in my spare room and explore New York City. When I get off, I'll let you know and we'll go get pizza. Then we'll go see a new movie, how's that sound?" She bounced over, kissed me and was off like the wind. Danny looked at me.

"What the hell is she on?" I laughed as leaned against the wall.

"Abby is full of energy all the time. She really likes caffeine a lot!"

Abby had been there for a week. We had talked about how the team was doing. She told me that Ziva was finally getting the hang of things. Tim was getting a little better, he was working his hardest. The team wasn't doing as well as they could, what with being without me. I expected to hear that from her! It was her last night with me when I decided she had to know!

"Abby, I am pregnant." I wasn't going to tell her who the father was. She looked at me, grinning.

"I am going to be an aunty?" I nodded and she hugged me, then she reached over and patted my belly.

"But you can't tell anyone and I mean, no-one, Abby, back home!" She nodded. She was good at keeping secrets when she needed to be and she is about the only one that could keep them from Gibbs! We spent the evening watching a movie. After, she made me go to bed, she said that me and baby needed rest. The next morning she left, kissing me and my stomach, which made me laugh softly. She was happy to know that the team was as much a family as the one back home, maybe not as close, but they were there, supporting me and that made her feel happy.

I slid my hands through my hair. It had been another week and I was now ten weeks along. The doctor said the baby was doing fine and I had finally accepted that I was carrying a child and was going to be a parent. I was starting to want this, knowing my child was okay was great. Brad wanted to go over how this could be dangerous for me, to carry the child full term, that my lungs may not be able to take it. I cut him off. I told him that I was going to keep my child and I wanted to keep the child. I wanted to be a dad. This coming from the man that had never wanted to get married or have children! Here I was, with one growing inside me. Like hell I was giving this feeling of being a parent up. It now meant the world to me.