- Text Size +
Well, the nausea was officially over. I was at another check up with Brad and the baby doctor. Stella had offered to join me on these meetings so I didn't have to be alone. Brad took my vitals, he looked a little worried.

"Tony, have you been coughing or anything." Great, that's when the coughing fit hit me! I leaned back a little.

"I got caught in the rain, walking home. Just a cold, Brad." He gave me a look and I grunted unhappily.

"You're staying in the hospital. We can run some tests and see if we need to start pumping you full of meds to stop this cold, as you call it, before it gets worse! Remember coughing up blood and coughing when it hurt? You seriously want that again, DiNozzo?" I looked at him and mumbled my reply.

"Fine, I'll stay in the damn hospital."

I looked at Stella. "Do me a favor? Get a hold of Mac, tell him I won't be coming in for a few days." Stella looked to me.

"You sure you don't want me to stay?" I shook my head at her.

"Mac doesn't need to be two men down, one's bad enough, go on." She nodded and headed out just as Brad got me in my own room. I laid down and slid my hands through my hair. I refused all drugs until the tests were done. I let myself fall asleep.

(Dream)

I was sitting in my old desk at NCIS, across from me was Kate. "You're dead!" I said. She smirked at me as she leaned back in her chair.

"That I am, but you seem to need some advice. You're not letting me go and you've sure as hell got something important that you need to tell Gibbs." I looked at her and slid my hands through my hair.

"Kate, it's hard." Kate looked at me, relentless as ever.

"Even if you stay in New York City, Gibbs cares about and he needs to be there for his child as much as you do." She smirked at me. "Oh, and Tony, do me a favor and stop harassing females." I smirked.

I woke up to find Gibbs beside me. I ran my hands through my hair, then I sat up, pushed the covers down. He went to stop me so I shoved his hands off.

"Not my boss, anymore." He looked at me, puzzled.

"Tony, what the hell is wrong with you?" Brad came in looked at me.

"Test results are okay, Tony, just a normal cold." I looked at him and sat up.

"Tony, what the hell are you hiding from me?" I stood up and grabbed my clothes.

"Brad, he wants to know, so tell him." I moved to the bathroom and started to take a shower. I ran my fingers threw my hair, leaning my head against the wall.

When I came out Gibbs was sitting on the bed.

"Were you ever going to tell me, Tony?" I walked to the bedside table, put my badge and gun in the drawer.

"I'll call you when the child is born." He stood up and looked over at me.

"Tony!" I looked back at him.

"Gibbs, I'm pregnant with your kid. We're not a couple. You were my boss, we had a memorable night together and now I have an even better reason to never forget. Hey, I got what I always wanted, once! I knew that even if it was to happen, it wouldn't last." I slid my hands over my damp hair and leaned against the wall. I saw a look of pain in his eyes.

I took a deep breath, "Gibbs, damn it, do you know how much you mean to me? Do you know what I went through, being in the office? You're the one that said not to date other agents. Then Kate died and believe me, the nightmares are horrible. Being in that damn office, seeing another agent at her desk! Don't tell me that shit didn't hurt you. I can't take this shit anymore, Gibbs! Everything hurt when I was there. I was loosing my faith in myself and my heart."

I shivered, damn hormones! As I started to cry, he pulled me, wordlessly, in to his arms. I held on to him. This was the one thing I had been wanting since I got the plague, then Kate's death! I just needed to be held.

His finger slid under my shirt, stroking my stomach.

"I'm going to be a dad again. That scares the shit out of me." I moved back a little and sat down on the bed, putting my socks and shoes on again.

"When were you a father?" He told me about Shannon and Kelly. I looked at him, no wonder he was the way he was! I remember cases where he was so good with kids. He sat down next to me, he touched my stomach, he seemed to be mesmerized by it. I let him. He leant over and kissed me and I let myself kiss him back, my hands sliding down his cheek softly. He pulled slowly.

"I still want to be close, mostly now because of the child." I touched his chest.

"Okay." I didn't know what else to say, I can tell he wanted this kid.