- Text Size +
I wasn't sure how to tell Jet that I was pregnant. Hell, I wasn't sure how I was going to tell Ducky, but I needed to tell someone. I know that if I called, he would be there soon. Sometimes you get you a doctor and they have so many other patients as well that it can be hard to see them. So I called and invited Ducky over for lunch. I asked him not to tell Jet, I had something I needed some help with. Later, at his knock, I answered the door.

"Hey, Ducky, I hope you don't mind eating Chinese?" He shook his head and he went to sit down while I was putting the food on plates. I handed him the file from the doctor in New York City. I felt honor-bound to explain myself.

"I went to him first, 'cause if something was seriously wrong, I wasn't sure how you would handle it. And, I don't know, I got scared." Ducky looked at me, a bit shocked I think. Then he looked back down at the file he was holding.

"You're pregnant, Shawn?" I nodded and sat down, handing him some food.

"Yeah, I know, a bit of a shock! I found out about two days ago and I just wanted you to know, in case something happens and I can't call my doctor. I know that if I'm ill, Jet will call you and I don't want to tell him yet. I need to come to terms with it myself first!"

Ducky nodded, looking over the file. "Have you found a doctor here, yet?" I shook my head and slid my hands through my hair. "The doctor gave me a list. But I want your opinion on who I should see. You know the doctors in D.C. better than I do." He nodded again and we started to eat our lunch.

"Well, I'll make a few calls, see what I can find out." I took a sip of my drink before replying.

"That file is yours, Ducky. I am sorry that I went to someone else." He looked over at me, smiling gently, and simply nodded.

"I understand why you did, dear boy, and you need to tell Jethro soon. He is the father, right?" I nodded and ran my hands through my hair again. Ducky continued, "But I am guessing that you are still deciding what you're going to do, yourself?"

I nodded to him and leaned back in the chair.

"I want to keep the baby. I don't agree with abortions at all." Ducky nodded, smiling as he ate his food.

"Neither do I, my boy, neither do I." We ate in silence after that. We were just finishing our food when I heard a car pull up. So did Ducky and he hurried to put the file in his bag. When Jet walked in, he looked a bit shocked but he smiled.

"Finally asked Ducky for some help, Shawn?" I nodded back, relieved. Ducky finished his food, stood up and smiled.

"Well, Jethro, Shawn, I need to get back to work and I will get back to you, Shawn, on your problem." He headed out the door. Damn! Jet looked at me.

"Problem, Shawn?" Great, I thought. I looked back at him.

"Not ready to tell you right know, Jet. I am not dying or in danger of anything." He looked at me some more, as if he was trying to determine if I was telling the truth. He walked over and sat down. I handed him the rest of the food.

"I don't like this, it makes me worry about you even more." I smiled.

"I know Jet, believe me, I know! I would too but right now, I can't tell you, Jet. I can't! I just need time to think on what I want to do and the right way of doing things." I stood up walked over to the window. I looked outside, absent-mindedly running my hands through my hair yet again.

I felt his hands touch my hips, guiding me back against his chest. He bent his head and kissed my neck, below my ear. I started to cry as he held me softly.

"Jet, I'm scared that I'll make a bad choice." I slid my hands on top of his and closed my eyes. I took a deep breath before the truth came rushing out. "I'm pregnant, Jet!" I felt him step back, away from me and I froze.

"You're what?" I closed my eyes again.

"No joke, that's why Ducky was here. Why I kept throwing up and the dizzy spells and all." He looked at me, shocked. I just stood there, trembling, waiting for him to say something else.

"You're pregnant and it's my child! Shit, I don't know what to do with this, Shawn." I sighed heavily, I just walked past him, he was still in shock. I walked through the front door, got in my car and drove off headed to somewhere, anywhere. I didn't really care.