- Text Size +
He had proved his point, we had made love and it had proven that he was who I wanted in my bed, who I wanted to make love with. It was also that I wanted him in my life, in a relationship for ever. I turned over, on to my back. He was on his side, he looked to me and kissed me softly.

"Jet. I want to stay with you, to see where this goes. I am sorry about last night, okay?" He stroked my cheek and kissed me softly and smiled.

"I would like that! You know I want to have you here and I want this to work." I nodded and then I nuzzled my head into his chest, stretching out. He smiled at me.

"This is nice. Will you move into my room with me?" I looked up at and kissed his cheek.

"I would like that."

We moved all my things up to his room and put everything away. Then we went out to get some lunch.

"So, the director wanted to know if you'd thought on about being a consultant at NCIS." I took a bite of my food and then nodded.

"Yeah, sure. I mean, I wouldn't mind helping you guys out. You need to let the director know that we're dating, don't you?" He looked to me.

"Well, sure, but I need to tell you that me and Jenny, well we had a thing when we worked together in Europe, it didn't last but there was something." I looked at him, surprised he was telling me this. I nodded thoughtfully.

"Well, if you think she needs to know, then tell her. If you don't think she needs to know, don't tell her."

We had been in a relationship for about six weeks now and things were going well. I was enjoying being with Jet. I was happy and saw myself actually being with Jet all my life. I was eventually called in to help with a case. Tony smirked to me as I walked in.

"Good to work together every now and then, it's like old times! Well, with three extra people." I laughed, he was so enthusiastic sometimes. But we had worked together for a good two years before and we were good friends. When they started to show me the pictures of the dead woman, I froze and backed up. I went pale. Thank god there was a trash can right next to Tony's desk, I leant down to grab it and promptly lost my lunch.

Tony handed me some water just as Jet just came into the bull pen. He crouched down beside me.

"Babe?"

The whole team actually knew we were dating. It had surprised most of them but they had come to terms with it and seemed happy to see their boss in a relationship. I stood up took and a long drink of the water.

"Jet, you keep a spare toothbrush and some toothpaste , don't you?" He shook his head, immediately Tim handed me a new toothbrush and some toothpaste. I nodded to him.

"Thanks, Tim!" I went to brush my teeth in the bathroom. Jet came in with me and stroked my back gently.

"You okay, Babe?" I looked to him and leant against the sink.

"A little surprised! I have not got sick at a crime scene since I was a damn beat cop at eighteen. Then I got used to it. I may have just eaten something bad, Jet." He nodded and we both headed back out. I sat down at the spare desk next to his.

I turned the computer on to look over the info Tim had given me on a USB drive. Crap, I stood up and made it to the bathroom this time. I grunted as I came out of the stall to see Jet there. He was waiting for me, he handed me the toothbrush and paste and I brushed my teeth again.

"Let's have Ducky look at you. See what he has to say." I looked at him but he had that look that said I'd never win, so we headed down to morgue and he told Ducky that I had puked twice. Ducky had me lay down on one of the tables, with a sheet under me. He got his medical bag out and he stuck a thermometer in my ear to check my temperature. When it beeped, he pulled it out.

"Well, my dear boy, you have a temperature of a 101. It looks like you're sick, my boy." He saw the look on my face and he swiftly guided me over to the nearest trash can, where I puked again! Jet was looking worried and I mumbled something.

Ducky and Jet got me back to the autopsy table and sat me down. Ducky gave me a shot, saying that it would stop the nausea and another shot for the fever.

"Jetho, take him to Abby's lab and let him use the futon for some rest." Jet nodded and I grunted.

"I am fine, come on, we have a case." Jet looked to me as he guided me out.

"No way, you're going to rest, you got me?" I mumbled some and nodded as we headed to the lab and Abby got her futon mattress out. I laid down and fell asleep instantly. Guess I was tired after all! I woke up to Abby stroking my head, so I smirked up at her.

"Hey there, pretty lady." She kissed my forehead.

"Well, you're not burning up now and Gibbs has been calling all the time, checking on you. That man really does love you."

I smirked and softly kissed her cheek. "Abby, love is a strong word." She glared back at me, a la Gibbs.

"Yes, but I can tell in his eyes that he is in love with you." I stood up, she helped me. "You're still a little pale, Shawn." I smiled at her, she was such a sweet girl.

"Well, I am not nauseated, so I am happy." I left her and headed up to the bull pen. I walked over to Tony and stole the file he had in hand and started looking it over. Tony looked at me, puzzled.

"Boss said you're off the case. You need to rest." I looked at him and raised a brow.

"Tony, how often in the two years we worked so together did I let something like an upset stomach?" He grunted before replying.

"Yeah, well, you're not the head detective right now, Gibbs is! And he doesn't want you working."

Someone reached over me and took the file! "That's right, I am head of the team and I say you're off." I looked back at him.

"I am fine, just had a stomach problem." He gave me that look, he was getting pissed with me. I just took my back pack, threw it over my shoulder and started walking out.

"Yeah. See you when you get off work." I headed home. By the time I got there I was drained again. I took my temperature, it was normal but I was so tired that I went and laid down and went back to sleep. I woke up on my stomach with Jet rubbing my back. I rolled over to look at him, and then stretched out in the bed.

"What time is it, Jet?" He looked at me.

"Its midnight, just finished the case. Wasn't as hard as we initially thought." I sat up and grunted as I got dizzy.

"I have been asleep since I came home." He looked at me, I could see he was worried.

"Well, your sick! You needed to sleep."

He stripped down to his boxers and got into bed with me. He pulled me to him, and spooned up behind me.

"Let's sleep! Ducky said he would be here in the morning, to check you out." I looked at him over my shoulder.

"I'm not puking anymore. I don't need him to check me out, no more fever." He stroked my hair.

"I am just going to have him look you over. Get some sleep, huh?" I grunted but curled into him, glad he was taking care of me like this. We both fell asleep in each others arms, just like we usually do.