- Text Size +
I woke up the next morning and I was sick again! I felt Jet stroking my back, as I was being sick. Eventually I started to dry heave, then it was over! I brushed my teeth and went back to bed and laid back down. When Ducky got here, I sat up carefully. He went to take some blood samples but I stopped him.

"No, just give me another shot for the nausea, there's no fever. It's probably just the flu and I don't want my blood tested for something that stupid." He started to get the shot ready with a disapproving look on his face. Jet looked at me.

"Just let him take your blood to be tested. It's no big deal." Ducky gave me the shot for nausea and I stood up, got dressed and headed down to the kitchen.

I grabbed my keys, my gun and my badge. I really did feel better now. Jet came downstairs with Ducky.

"Where are you going?" I looked to him and Ducky quizzically.

"Going to work. If I start to feel bad, I'll come home." Jet grabbed my arm as I headed past him, for the doorway.

"Babe, you were puking for a good five minutes, then for about five more, you were dry heaving." Ducky was looking at me.

"He's right, dear boy. You need to get some more rest. Jethro said that when you came home yesterday, you slept for a good six hours then you were able to sleep all night before you woke up and puked."

I pushed his hand off me and leaned against the wall.

"I am a grown man. I've got work to do. I will be sitting at a desk most of the day. I don't have any bounties." I looked at them and carried on before Jet had a chance. "If I feel bad, I'll ask one of the boys to give me a ride home." I didn't give either of them a chance to say anything. I just walked out and drove to work. I walked into the office and sat down. I turned on the computer and I looked through some searches I'd left running on the 'net.

Later, when my phone rang, I answered it! "Cahill" I was looking over some print outs and starting to type up the pertinent details.

"Babe, you doing okay? I still don't want you to be at work. I think you should be resting." I smirked, he was worried about me!

"I feel a little tired. Truth be told, I puked about thirty minutes ago and then again about ten minutes ago." I heard him sigh.

"Go home, get some rest and Ducky can give you another shot." I typed out a few things while we talked.

"I've got about two more hours to do, then I am off for the day." Before he could say anything else, I continued. "I don't want to see Ducky again. I don't want another damn shot. Whatever this is, I'll get over it." Jet grunted.

"Fine. I'll see you tonight." He hung up and I knew I had pissed him off, again.

I went home when I had done all my searches. It was one more hour later than I told Jet I would be home. When I came in he was sitting on the couch, waiting. I sat in the recliner.

"Sorry, had some extra work come in at the last moment." He handed me a bottle of pills.

"You don't want Ducky looking at you or more shots. Then these are the pill version of the shots he was giving you. Takes longer to work, but he agreed if you were throwing up like that at work." I looked at him and sighed. "Shawn, he says it's not good , puking as much as you said you puked today. You need to keep something in your stomach, you could become dehydrated." I stood up and headed upstairs. I was just starting to take a shower when I heard him come in.

"I'm worried, okay? I don't like how your puking and getting so tired that you sleep so much. Then you puke again, go to work where you puke more." I stepped out of the shower and started to dry myself off.

"If I get sick in the morning, I'll call in sick. Okay?" I slid some boxers on and crawled under the covers. I was drained. "I'm going to bed early tonight, Babe." He sat on the bed, and started stroking my back. I didn't move, I let him do it, it did feel good.

"When was the last time you ate?" I rolled on my back and looked to him.

"This afternoon. I took two bites and threw it up. So, when did I last keep food down? That was breakfast yesterday." He looked at me and slid his hand into mine.

"If you get sick in the morning, let Ducky draw some blood for testing. Please?"

I sat up and looked at him. He must be worried if he was saying please! I pulled him closer and kissed him softly.

"Goodnight, Jet. When your ready, come to bed, hmm?" He looked at me and stroked my face.

"Just some blood to test, that's all it is." I slid out of bed and headed downstairs. I grabbed a can of chicken noodle soup. I was hungry. I started to warm it on the stove. He came behind me and rested hands on my hips, holding me gently against his chest.

"Why are you being hard headed about some blood test?" I leaned against him.

"'Cause it's more then likely just stomach flu. There's no reason to have the test done." He kissed my shoulder.

"If that's all it is, then there should be nothing wrong with a blood test." I added some water to the pan as I stirred the soup.

When it was ready, I put the soup in the bowl and sat down on the couch. I took a spoonful. I was even more amazed when, after the third spoonful, I hadn't got sick. Jet sat down.

"I just want to be totally sure that you're okay, nothing major wrong. that should be treated." Ignoring Jet never worked! God knows, I'd tried it often enough over the years! I took some more food, it was good even if it was just chicken noodle soup.

"No!" I took another spoonful and then I drank the rest. I had finished it so I stood up and went and started to wash my dishes. "I am not sick enough to need some blood test done. All I need is to eat some soft foods and rest enough, to get my body back on track. You really want to keep fighting me on this, then I'll just go and get a damn motel room for the night." He growled at me.

"Fine!" He stormed off to the basement.