- Text Size +
I woke up being spooned to Jet's chest. He loved to curl up to me while we sleep. Truth be told, I thought it was nice too. But then it hit me! I rushed to the bathroom and was sick again! When I finished, I realized he had left the bed and had been rubbing my back. I brushed my teeth and went back to the bed and slid back under the covers. He handed me a pill and a glass of water. I took the pill. I grabbed the phone before he could say anything and called work. I spoke to my boss, I told him I was throwing up a lot. He said that he'd noticed me doing it at work yesterday. He told me to take the rest of the week off, to just come back to work on Monday. I thanked him and hung up. I laid back, running my hands over my hair. I had five days off, maybe I needed to rest some more and see what happens.

Jet came in with some apple juice and I started to drink it.

"Boss says I don't have to come in until Monday of next week. He told me to get better." He nodded as he sat down and put the thermometer in to my ear. When it beeped, he checked it and went to put it away.

"Well, there's no fever this time." I leaned back and then stretched.

"I have my lap top here, I can do some searches here at home." I finished the juice and set the empty glass on the side. "Go ahead and go to work. I'll be fine by my self." He looked at me pleadingly.

"Let Ducky take some blood? This is the second morning and third day you have been sick."

I laid down and pulled the covers up, I was a bit cold, as I looked at him. "Jet, give up on this. I don't want to have any test done." He looked at me, I turned on to my side, facing away from him and adjusted the covers over me, then I curled up with a pillow against my chest. "See you when you come home from work."

Jet stood up, grabbed some cloths and went to take a shower. He got ready for work, never saying a work to me. He came and kissed me, softly.

"See you when I get off work. If you need anything, call me, okay?" I smiled sleepily up to him.

"I will, I promise, Jet." He headed off to work and I nuzzled my head into the pillow, thinking to myself that I couldn't remember when my stomach had ever been this sick. I'd had the stomach flu a few times, but man, this was a different!

I slept most of the day and took the pills one more time that day. I took a shower, then dressed in some baggy jeans on and slid on a tank top. I packed enough cloths in a duffle bag to last me about four days. I wrote a short letter to Gibbs. Yes he really was going to be pissed off at me, and worried!

"Hey Babe,

I know me taking off like this is going to make you worried and not telling you to your face with a good reason, is going to really piss you off. I should be back Sunday, possibly sooner. Be patient with me! I will be back. Please? I won't call 'cause I don't trust you not to try and track where I am and come, just 'cause I have been sick. But trust me, I promise to come back to you. I am not leaving you.

Shawn

P.S. See you Sunday, Babe."

I turned my cell off, slid it in my pocket, grabbed my gun and my bounty hunter badge, the latter I hooked on my hip. I grabbed my keys and slid my shoes on at the door, tied my shoes and headed out, driving off. I had downed one more pill as I just wanted to get out of the house. I headed to the bank, it should still be open I took out enough money for a two way greyhound bus ticket, to eat and a few other things I'd need. I didn't want to use a credit card 'cause if Jet was mad enough, and I think he will be, he would follow me. I went to Target and got a disposable cell phone with about two hundred minutes on it. I didn't need a lot. I went to my office, parked my truck and then I got a cab to the greyhound station and I bought my two way ticket.

I had about fifteen more pills that Ducky had prescribed me, so I was good for the next four days. When I called Mac, I told him I needed a place to crash for four days. He said that I could crash at his place. I told him what time I would get to New York City and he said he would pick me up. I was not sure if he would track my car, then start going to the airport and the bus stations, to see if I took off.

When I got there, Mac took me to his place.

"So how is D.C., Shawn?" I sat down, leaning back in the chair, as he handed me a cup of tea.

"Well, not too bad! I'm in a relationship with that man I told you I grew up with, the one that went into the Marines." He nodded as he sipped his own tea.

"Is that going good?" I nodded, smiling without realizing it.

"Great! He's a good man. He works as a NCIS Agent! He works hard to solve murders and such like of navy men and marines." We talked for a little while longer and ate some dinner. I headed to bed, in his spare room. In the early hours of the morning I woke up, Mac was getting ready, he had to head into work, he had a case. I had asked him to let me use his car and he had been okay with that. I woke up about eight later that morning and took a pill because I could already feel myself getting sick.

Then I called a friend who was a doctor here in New York. It wasn't that I didn't trust Ducky, it was more that if something was really wrong with me, then I wasn't going to worry Ducky, Tony and Jet. Well, the rest of the team as well if I was honest, they all seemed like family. I had a family here, with the CSI team and Don, but I knew this doctor wouldn't tell anyone. That was important to me. When I got there, he took some blood and asked me my symptoms. Then he said he would call me later with the results. I left him with the number to the disposable cell and I headed out. I was feeling okay today. I had put on sweats and a tank top so I started to run to get some exercise. I was feeling good!

I stopped at a store, got several burgers with fries. I also got some bottle sodas and made my way to the CSI building. As I came in, the team was in the hall, talking. I headed up behind Danny and laid my head on his shoulder.

"You guys look like you're working hard! I got you all some food and soda." Danny jumped as I'd known he would. He glared at me.

"Damn it, Shawn! Don't do that to me!" I smirked as first Stella gave me a hug, followed by Lindsey. Hawk clapped me on the shoulder and I smirked as I held up the food. We all went into the break-room and I handed out the food and drinks. They all had questions and I answered them the best I could. Once we'd all eaten I left them to carry on with their work.