- Text Size +
The doctor called me on Saturday. I had told him that I had to head back to work in D.C. on Sunday. So when I came into his office, he looked at me and got straight to the point. He told me that the results of the test showed that I was eight to nine weeks pregnant. I just froze and stared at him. I couldn't believe it, I was a man! He took me to a room where he told me to lay down on a couch and he did an ultrasound. It was true! Good God, I was carrying a child! He told me he would email me the details of some good doctors in D.C.. I

headed out of his office, still in shock. I headed over to Mac, who was working, and told him that I was going to get on the bus tonight and that I would leave the keys to his car on the coffee table. I thanked him for letting me crash at his place and we said our goodbyes. I headed back to Mac's and then, later, home to Jet.

I had the new prescriptions for pre-natal vitamins. I leaned back, watching the scenery as I was on the bus back to D.C. Yes, talk about a damn shock! Well, at least it wasn't cancer or something that was going to kill me. Although Jet might! No, it was a child growing inside me and I had to think what the hell to do. I wasn't ready to tell Jet. Hell, how do you tell that to your lover? I had a cab take me to my truck, it was about 0600 on Sunday morning. I hadn't slept on the bus but I made sure to take a pill after I puked in the bathroom onboard the bus. So when I got home, my stomach had settled. I walked in to find Jet on the couch, asleep.

But he woke as soon as I came in I walked to where he was now sitting on the couch. I plopped down next to him. Before he started to talk, I spoke up.

"I went to New York City. I wanted to see my friends, see how they were doing. I've been able to keep food down, thanks to Ducky prescription. I got sick this morning on the bus coming back but it wasn't as bad as before, otherwise I have got better." He just looked at me.

"Better? The only reason you have not been throwing up, is because of the damn pills." Well, he had me there!

"I got some blood work done, by a friend of mine, in New York and I got the results. I am not dying, nor is some bad illness, so you can stop worrying about that!" He looked at me and his eyes told me he was both furious and offended.

"So what, you didn't trust Ducky?" I took a deep breath, I knew that one was coming.

"Yes, I trust Ducky, he a good medical examiner and doctor. I didn't want the results to come back bad, and if they did, I wanted it all to be under my control as to how you found out, and the rest of the team. That's if I told you, and just didn't skip out to die alone, so you didn't half to watch me." He cupped my face, looking me right in the eye.

"I would have come looking for you. I am in love with you, Shawn, and I want you by my side, forever." Oh damn, there was that four letter word!

"Jet, I don't believe in love! I do believe there are relationships, that people can live their whole lives with their partner and be happy. But love, that's just something for all those romantics that need more than just knowing they have found someone they can spend their life with." He looked at me and smirked.

"Well. I am going to have to teach you what love is, then. And show you that it is just as real as you and me." I grunted and rolled my eyes at him before I stood up.

"I'm going to get some sleep, Jet." I didn't want to even respond to that, so I headed to our room. I stripped down to my boxers and slid thankfully under the covers. My body was drained and I fell in to a deep sleep, instantly.

When I woke up, Jet was spooned against me. I had missed sleeping in his arms, seems he didn't sleep much either, while I was gone. I turned on to my back and he was looking at me.

"Morning, Sunshine!" I laughed softly as he kissed me and stroked my face.

"Morning, Jet. So, are you still mad at me for leaving without telling you and going to another doctor?" He looked at me and kissed my shoulder.

"No, I am not mad at you. But I wish you would had chosen to let Ducky test your blood." I still wasn't sure whether to tell him I was pregnant or not. But I had decided to go and see Ducky. He was a good enough man to not tell Jet and let me do it when I was ready.