- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Need a Title. What if there was someone in the back seat when Shannon and Kelly died. What well happen when Gibbs sees this person further down the line. Tony best friend of two years has become his lover. He also loved his son he had a family.

OOC: Okay so the whole story is about Jeanne. I have kind of changed it, he was never in love with her though he did care and love her as a friend. He hated that he had to pretend to be her lover and love her. Spoilers from season five from episode two (Families) all the way up in to episode seven (Requiem) they will not be in order.
I stood in Tony's kitchen, grabbing some beers and checking on the dinner I had made. Every time I was around Tony I wanted to tell him. I mean now we have been dating for almost three months. He's been waiting for me, I wasn't ready to sleep with him because I hadn't slept with anyone, neither male nor female, in about two and a half years. I had no clue if I should tell Tony that I had lived across the street from Leroy Jethro Gibbs and his family for over three years. Oh, and to top it off, I was in the back seat when they were killed. I had the scars on my shoulder still. He had asked about those. I had been open in telling him about the ones from my days in the Marine Corps and on the force. But I wouldn't tell him about my shoulder and the scar along my stomach from the glass. I felt hands slide around my stomach and bring my back against his chest.

"You're just staring out in space. You okay, Gage?"

I smirked and turned around and kissed him slowly. I slid my hands into his hair as I kissed his shoulder and then moved to bring the food out of the oven. Tony had been taking steps ready for coming out of the closet, he had already been hanging at gay bars. He had opened up to some of his team. Ducky knew because he was one of Tony docs. He'd told Abby, she was open minded. He smirked at me as he watched me get dinner ready and reached over to stroke my face.

"Told McGee and Ziva tonight when we went for a beer. They want to meet you. The one I am going to have the hardest time telling is my boss. I know he isn't going to hate me or be homophobic. McGee semi is, but he'll get over it. It's just, he's my mentor, Gage."

I had meet Tony about two years ago. We had become good friends and often played basketball. Three months ago we started dating, and truth was, it was going good. First relationship that I didn't want to run or skip out of. I cared about Tony. I stroked his face and kissed him slowly as I stroked his chest lightly.

"Hey, I didn't say you had to ask everyone, Babe, just open up. Nothing to be ashamed of that you like both males and females, Babe."

He kissed me slowly as he ran his hands across my chest and I smiled softly into the kiss. Tony was a flirt. I had seen it so many times. But he was also gentle and loyal when he found someone he was going to date. He may still flirt but I knew Tony would never cheat. I stroked his face and smiled as I slapped his ass softly.

"Get the silverware and other things on the table, Tony. I got dinner ready. Pour us both a glass of milk too, Babe."

I knew today had been hard on Tony. He had met Maddie, she had been Kelly's best friend and Gibbs had tried to help her. But the car had ended up going off the dock and had almost drowned them both. He hadn't told me a lot, just that he had pulled Maddie out first, but that had to have been hard. I knew how Gibbs was like a father to Tony and I knew that he had done the right thing. I also knew that coming in contact with Maddie had to have been hard for Gibbs because it reminded him of Kelly and Shannon. He had loved them, that I had seen from the first, but I missed them too. They had been like family to me in a weird way, like a foster kid who had never had much of one. My foster parents were cool but I hung out with Kelly and Maddie more. I know I was older but they were like little sisters to me.

Dinner was simple. He told me about a case they had worked. It had to do with a woman that had got pregnant to help a family out. She was killed and the baby had been cut out of her stomach, the story was sad. Truth was, this would gross some people out but sometimes we talked about our cases like this. Tony looked at me.

"Someday. I hate to say it, me of all people, saying I want kids. But you know, at least one would be nice to have. I want to help you raise Ryder, I mean, if you wouldn't mind."

I was a little shocked. When I had met Tony he was into non-lasting relationships and kids were definitely not part of his plan. My son loved Tony and vice versa. He was asking to help me raise my son and probably move in. I know that it felt kind of like rushing but I liked the idea for us. My kid was already close to him so there was no way they could get closer.

"Ya your lease is almost up, so why don't you move in here with me and Ryder. We'll set you up as a second contact on his emergency contact list."

There were two bedrooms in the place and when Ryder came in from one, whimpering some, we were curled up on the couch. Tony lifted him up and plopped him down on his lap as he stroked his back softly. He kissed his head as I stroked my son's cheek and back, feeling if there was a fever. I felt the fever and I sighed softly. He had just got over one cold.

"Alright, li'l man, why don't we get you some med's to take that fever away?"

I stood up as he snuggled up against Tony. I had to smirk some. Tony loved him and it showed. I went to get some meds and quickly came back out. When I was here, I slept with my son or Tony, no sex, just closeness while we sleep. My son took his meds and made a face. Tony laughed.

"I got a deal! How about my big bed takes on the three of us? Then tomorrow, if that fever is gone, we get to go to the zoo and stuff. Sound cool? You get to meet some of my friends, they're going with us."

I raised an eyebrow. I guess that's how I was going to be meeting Ziva, Abby and McGee. He was starting to fade and let out a soft okay. I smirked as Tony lifted him up. Tony had a king size bed and he laid my son in the middle. He kissed me slowly then he undressed and slid into bed I did the same and pulled my son to me. Tony kissed me again and he winked softly.

"They will love you, at least I know Abby will be all over you and Ryder. Ziva's a tough cookie and McGee will be stuttering and falling over himself."

Truth is, I didn't want Tony to tell Gibbs about me because he was someone I didn't want to see. I blamed myself. I remember pulling out Kelly out of the damn car and I tried to get her to breath but she was already dead. I had gone to the grave and when Gibbs put his hand on my shoulder I ran. I was due on base at Quantico to be deployed. I had become a Marine because of Gibbs, he was strong and a good man. I wanted that so much. I let myself fall asleep with my son curled up to me. I stroked his hair and smirked as I watched Tony sleeping. Hell, I was in love!

We were walking in the park. Tony had Ryder up on his shoulders as we walked. Abby had come, Tony was not kidding, the woman was happy go lucky and loved Ryder. She asked me all kinds of questions. I had to smirk as I answered them. Ziva was quieter, she was studying me, making sure I was right for her partner. I respected that because I knew that Tony had a good back up. I knew Gibbs would also be someone to watch his back, no matter what. Tim, well he was nervous, it didn't seem because Tony was bi, it was more that he was scared I was going to hit on him. I laughed as Abby babbled on to my son, who seemed to love her. He had a hold of Tony hair as we walked. I froze when we got to the monkeys. Gibbs was there and that looked like Maddie. Tony saw me, then he looked over as Maddie came over, smiling.

"Tony, Ziva, Abby and Tim, who is that cute little boy?"

I was usually the one that would open up to tell them who my son was because I was proud of him. Tony looked at me, a little worried as I know I had probably paled some. I saw Tony smirk.

"This is my boyfriend, Maddie, Gage and this is his son, Ryder."

Shit, I saw Maddie look at me closely. She looked me over and she smiled. I felt her wrap her arms around me giving me a big hug. I put my hand on her back as I looked over to Gibbs and then down. I really couldn't look at the man. I knew he didn't blame me but I did! I was a Marine. I should have been able to do something for Kelly. Maddie spoke as she stepped back.

"Gage, I haven't seen you since I was a kid. You lived across from Kelly and used to come play with us all the time. You were like our big brother! Are you still in the Marines? It was so cool you wanted to be like Gibbs. Me and Kelly were so proud of you."

Maddie was smiling at me and I smiled back at her. I saw Tony look at me in shock. Fuck, this wasn't how I wanted the man to find out. I really didn't want to be here. I hated being here right now, my head hurt. I looked at the others from Tony's team. They were looking at me in surprise and Gibbs looked at me.

"Good to see you again, Gage. Haven't seen you since that day at the graveyard. Tony, you chose a good man."

Yeah, a man that couldn't tell him that he knew his boss and how he knew his boss. He had told me about how he found out about Kelly and Shannon, I was trying to not tell him then. I wanted to so bad but I had ended up closing my mouth. I looked at Maddie and Gibbs. Kelly would have been almost twenty by now. I couldn't think of anything to say. Fuck, I had to talk.

"Got to go."

I ran off towards the exit. I had to get out of here. We had brought my car. My son would be safe with Tony and he would have a ride. I would just catch up with them later. God, I was a chicken, running like this. I got to the car and I leaned against it. I had heard Tony call to me, and Ryder. I leaned against the car as I felt myself being turned around, Tony looking at me.

"Why didn't you tell me you knew Gibbs and his family?"

Hell, he wasn't going to trust me after this. I took a deep breath and slid a hand through my hair as I looked at the man I loved. I ran a hand through my hair again. I figured he had left my son with the rest of them.

"I was in the car, in the back. The scars on my shoulder are from the glass shattering when the bullet came in. I got Kelly out but I knew she was gone. I tried Tony. I couldn't save her! I was a damn Marine, Tony, and I became a Marine because of Gibbs and I couldn't save his daughter."

My hands were shaking as Tony pulled me into his arms. I heard him whispering things to calm me down. I was breathing hard. Things had all come back and it hurt so much. It was like it was that day that they both had died. Tony sat me down in the passenger side, he kneeled down and touched my face. He kissed me and looked to me.

"Was not your fault and Gibbs would not blame you. I'll go get Gage and we'll head home, okay?"

I nodded. I got myself all the way into the car. As I leaned back, I heard Tony leave. I really didn't talk any more unless Ryder asked me something, when I made myself answer him. When we got back he was worn out after the day at the zoo. I laid down in the bedroom with Ryder and we both fell asleep.