- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The dark beginnings
Darkness.

Darkness is the first thing I truly remember.

In Italian, to give birth means to come into the light. We are conceived in darkness and through a very painful process we are brought in to the light of the new world where we might live, love and learn.

However, even after I was born I stayed in darkness. I had no name, no wishes, no rights. I existed only to serve my Master's wishes. I was the Servant.

One of my main tasks a Servant was to dive in the Pit. The black endless Soul's Pit. It was a huge cold pound in Master's propriety where He usually asked for answers from His Masters. There, swimming in those black waters, I would have terrifying visions of things that were, that are, and might come to be, and I would bring the answers to my Master. I had to dive and stay under until I had the answer He wanted. Otherwise spankings would be a certainty in my near future.

Of course, let's not forget that the Pit was also where he used to dump the bodies of those he had to kill during his many business ventures.

The smell was extremely foul. Not that I had any chance or right to complain about it. I was, after all, only a Servant.

But time went by, and one day something changed. Some men in cars with flashing blue and red lights came into Master's propriety and arrested Him and His minions. I had no idea what was happening, as I was down under when they broke into the House. And one of the men with very little hair and a trench coat, once he was told that a child was in the pound, did not hesitate and dove into the black waters. And for the first time, ever, someone dove into the Pound and rescued me from the visions that held me under.

He took me out of the water, involved me in his trench coat and ordered a blanked to be brought to him. All the while he kept talking to me, asking me questions. And when I looked at him, it was the very first time that I felt something amazing. Later on there would be only two other times I would feel it again. I felt the reek of purity .