- Text Size +
Disclaimer: "NCIS" and its characters don't belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don't sue because I have no money.

Author's Note: This fic mentions my other story One Case.

Life In Letters

B â€" Better

Tony unlocked the door and made his way into the house and into the kitchen. Dinner was already done and was being put on the table. Ellie looked up as her husband came into the kitchen and frowned.

"What's the matter, Tony?"

"Can we please talk about this after dinner. I can't talk about it now." He said as he looked into her eyes hoping that she would say anything until after they had cleaned up.

"Okay, Tony."

They served themselves and for once it was a quiet dinner. Ellie looked at her husband worriedly and she knew that he would talk about it after dinner. They put the leftovers away and cleaned up the kitchen. Tony led the way to the living room.

"What's the matter?"

"We investigated a child murder today. The father had left his son in the hotel room and when he came back the boy was dead."

"Oh, I'm so sorry." She said as she hugged her husband.

He could feel the tears wanting to run down his face and finally he couldn't hold them back. He sobbed as Ellie hugged him and comforted him. He was so glad that there was somebody who loved him because it made him feel better.

They cuddled on the couch not saying anything as Tony was enveloped in her arms. He cried for the little boy who was dead and for the little boy he once was who was neglected and abused in his young life.

The End