- Text Size +
Disclaimer: "NCIS" and its characters don't belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don't sue because I have no money.

Life In Letters

G â€" Grandpa

Tony nervously stood in front of Gibbs house. It was a Saturday and they weren't on call. Gibbs was home because he had seen his car. He wasn't sure how Gibbs would react and he hoped that it would be okay. He knew that the door was unlocked and had already touched the doorknob, but still hadn't turned it. He sighed and then turned the knob and went inside. He knew where Gibbs was and went down the stairs to his basement.

Tony stepped off the last step and watched as Gibbs sanded his boat. He remembered the first time that he had helped sand the boat and was nervous then too. He kept on thinking that he would mess up the boat, but Gibbs was patient with him and showed him how.

"You've been like a father to me. More of a father than my father will ever be. You've been there for me when I was sick and when I needed to talk. I want you to be my children's Grandpa."

Gibbs had turned to Tony when he started talking. "I'd be proud to be your children's grandpa." He said and then tossed him a sander.

Tony caught it and smiled and then walked to the boat to help sand.

Anton and Sophia were two years old and toddled into Gibbs house. When they saw Gibbs both of them grinned and yelled. "Grandpa."

Gibbs smiled and picked the two children up and kissed both of them on the cheek and hugged them. He loved the twins and was glad to be their grandpa. He still missed his daughter, but now he had a son, a daughter in law and two grandchildren.

He put the kids down and hugged his son and welcomed them into the house.