- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Obviously, the vampire is Abby.
Abby

Kate opened the door and was happy to see me on her doorstep. “Hey Abby,” she said cheerfully. “Come on in.” Kate looked at me and frowned. “Your lip is bleeding.” Concern clouded her voice. She put a finger gently to my bottom lip and wiped off a spot of blood.

My eyes widened. “I’ll go wash it.” I said as I rushed for the bathroom. “Thanks Kate.”


“She can’t know.” I whispered to myself. “She can’t ever find out. She might think of me as a monster and won’t think of me as a friend anymore. Kate can’t ever know.” I finished wiping the blood from my lips and joined Kate in the living room.

“So,” Kate said. “I hear you’ve got a new piece of equipment in the lab. Is it a computer?”

“Yeah,” I said. “It’s a real beauty. Maybe I can show it to you sometime.”

“I’d like that.” Kate replied. “Want to watch a movie?”

“Sure,” I told her. “Watcha got?”

“Uh, Dear John, Alice in Wonderland, Planet 51, 9 and a modern version of Kissing a Vampire. Anything appeal to you?”

I laughed, low and sexy. “Duh,” I said in an equally sexy voice. “Kissing a Vampire sounds like fun.”

Kate inserted the DVD and snuggled up to me on the couch. She rested her head on my shoulder and began nuzzling it with her cheek. I laid my cheek on Kate’s head and started stroking her hand.

Halfway through the movie, Kate kissed me and I couldn’t hold back. I entwined my fingers in Kate’s hair and pressed firmly into the kiss. The two of us ended up making love to each other on the couch. We had a restful night of sleep and pleasure.

* * * * * * * * * * *

“Kate!” I exclaimed in the morning when I saw the huge bruises on Kate’s arms. “Oh, God. What happened?!”

“You did.” Kate said calmly.

“Huh?” My entire expression gave way to confusion.

“Last night,” Kate said slowly. “You were like a party animal. No matter how hard you grabbed me, it didn’t feel hard enough.” Kate saw the pout that was forming on my lips as I became more and more upset.

Kate sighed and took my face between her hands. “That was amazing Abby.” She whispered. “So what if I got a few bruises? I still had fun. That, and the fact that I love you, is all that matters.” Kate kissed me.

'Well,' I thought. 'At least there hadn’t been any bloodletting.'