- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The entire team is made up of nothing but monsters. Are Kate and McGee monsters as well?
Abby


I walked into work Monday morning feeling as though my head were about to explode. I decided to keep my music low today.

Shortly after I began working, Gibbs, came calling. “What’s up Abbs? You don’t have your music blaring. You feelin’ okay?”

“No Gibbs.” I moaned, in no mood to play cheerful. “I have a massive headache and I don’t know where I got it.” I moaned again.

“Maybe you should take the day off Abbs.” Gibbs’s tone was playful; he thought I was joking.

“I’m not kidding, Gibbs!” I yelled. Then I flinched as the noise sent pain rocketing through my head. I grabbed my head and sat down in a chair. “Ow.” I groaned.

Gibbs opened his mouth to say something to me, but was cut short when Tony and McGee walked in.

“Hey Abby.” McGee yelled.

“Hi, Boss.” Tony shouted.

“What’s going on?” They asked in unison. They reached Gibbs and he smacked them both in the back of the head. Then he pointed at me; I was squeezing my eyes shut and panting.

“Whoa, Abbs,” Tony said in a lower voice that was still loud too my sensitive ears. “You don’t look too good. Maybe you should take the day off.” Then he stole a quick glance at Gibbs, who nodded.

I stood up carefully, went to my office and gathered my things. I turned to the door and started when I saw Gibbs behind me.

“Abby,” Gibbs began. “DiNozzo and McGee haven’t noticed yet, but this morning I saw two different hickies on Kate’s-”

I gasped and cut him off. “Gibbs, I swear, I would never break the skin on purpose. I didn’t know they would turn into hickies. Look, I’m-.”

Gibbs held up a hand to stop my babble. “Abbs,” he started again. “Both Kate and McGee are oblivious to the mythological thing going on here. They don’t know that DiNozzo and I are werewolves, you’re a vampire and Duck’s a wizard. If they have a secret they can choose to withhold it. Just be careful of what you do with those fangs, okay?”

“’Kay Gibbs.” I responded softly.

“Good girl. Now let me see your eyes.” I obediently tilted my head so Gibbs could get a look at my normally yellow-green eyes. “Go hunting tonight and get some rest. I expect to see you here Wednesday.” And he left.

I drove home and collapsed on the couch. By then I was starting to become very photophobic. The tiniest bit of light hurt and even a small mouse’s squeak caused pain. When I began seeing popping lights in front of my eyes, I shut all the curtains and climbed under my purple polka-dotted black comforter. Within minutes I was asleep.