- Text Size +
Story Notes:
ok i know Gibbs already has a rule #13 but i just think mine is better
Author's Chapter Notes:
Rule 12 ruins things between Kate and Gibbs. But he has something up his sleeve.
Kate walked up the short path to her front door. She fiddled with the keys as her attention was somewhere else. She finally got the key in the hole and turned. She then felt a pair of hands on her hip and someone place a small kiss on her neck.
A smile spread across her face at the warmth of his body against hers.
“ What about ‘relationships between agents never work’” she said in a teasing tone.
“ This isn’t” he said in a raspy voice. She turned the key and opened the door stepping inside. Gibbs followed her in and she closed the door behind him.
“ Ok, so explain to me what it is then?” she asked him as she dropped her bag on the dinning table and turned to look at him.
“ I don’t know” he says with a shrug of his shoulders. He steps closer to her, hoping they can drop the subject all together.
“ Well is it just sex?” she asks, crossing her arms over her chest. This has been bugging her since her had said the words just two days ago.
‘Relationships between agents Kate, they never work’ she remembers clearly.
“ No” he replies flatly looking at her. He doesn’t want to do this right now. The trip home was nice and he thought she would be happy to have him hear. Obviously he was wrong.
“ Comfort?” she asks. She can tell he is regretting coming over but she wants this sorted out now.
“ No” he repeats himself.
“ Fun?”.
“ Well, it is isn’t it?” he says as h takes another step towards her.
“ Yes, but I want something more then just fun. If you cant provide that then this ends right now” she says in all seriousness. Gibbs takes note of her tone and facial expression. He knows that this wont end well. He knows what he wants but he cant have it.
“ Kate…” he says in a soft tone. Its at that moment he can see her heart breaking.
“ Jethro don’t say anything. I can read your face like a book. You know I actually thought you cared about me, but I was obviously wrong” she said standing up straighter, trying with all her might to keep her emotions inside of her. She cant even look at him for fear of breaking down.
“ I do care” he tells her, again stepping closer to her.
“ If you did care you would want to be with me. But your to tied up in your rules to even consider it” she says now angry with him.
“ Hey, when we started this you knew it couldn’t go any further. What’s changed?” he said gesturing towards her to make his point clear.
“ What’s changed, is that in the past few months I have fallen in love with a complete bastard and I cant change how I feel. I have tried” she bites back at him. It is taking all her strength to hold back the tears that threaten to fall down her face. She keeps her expression hard and serious, not to give anything away.
“ I had no idea” he says more calmly as the realisation hits him.
“ You never do. Look just go home. We both need a decent nights sleep” she tells him, now matching his tone. She turns to head down the hallway for her bedroom.
“ Kate” he tries but is cut off by her.
“ Goodnight Gibbs” she calls back. He stands there looking at where she had been. He knows he has really upset her as she has gone back to calling him Gibbs. He turns and leaves her home, not wanting to cause anymore tension then there already was.


The next day at the office was very difficult. Kate couldn’t even look at Gibbs.
Gibbs on the other hand felt horrible about what had happened the night before. He had had many hours to think about what she had told him and he had come to the conclusion that he feels the same way. He doesn’t want to make a scene in front of Tony so he decides to send her an e-mail.

Kate,
We need to talk.
Be at mine 1600. Don’t be late.

Gibbs

Kate was busy typing away at her compute when a light flashed in the bottom of her screen signalling she has an e-mail. She stopped what she was doing to open it.
Gibb watched her intently as he knew she would read it straight away.
She read it and tried so hard not to look over at him. She dint bother replying she would just turn up and let him talk. Though she thought she didn’t want to hear what he had to say.
He watched her reaction and she didn’t reply. He felt a bit hurt but knew she would turn up anyway.

Kate makes her way to the basement, knowing exactly where he would be. She stopped at the top of the stairs and looked down and saw him bent over sanding one of the lower parts of his boat. She couldn’t help but stare. He stood up and she was taken out of her spell.
“ Can you tell me why I’m here, I really don’t feel like watching you make your boat tonight” she said as she made her way down the stairs.
“ I thought about what you said” he simply said as he put the sanding block back on the work bench and turned to face her.
“ And what was that?” she asked. He just stared at her. She was so beautiful.
“ I said many things last night” she pointed out.
“ Loving a bastard” he said with a small smirk.
“ You say it like it’s a bad thing” she says coming further into the basement, dropping her bag on the bench.
“ Loving me is” he says in all seriousness. He looks straight into her eyes.
“ Is it now” she says in a soft tone, meeting his stare.
“ I want o make it a good thing” he tells her.
“ That would involve breaking your own rule, are you really willing to do that?” she asks, coming closer to him.
“ That’s why I have rule 13” he told her, watching her closely.
“ Are you serious?”.
“ Dead serious”.
“ Why didn’t you use rule 13 before?” she asks, trying to figure him out. She wants to be angry at him but she cant. She takes another step closer to him.
“ I wasn’t sure” he stops and looks at the ground, not entirely sure what to say.
“ Of what?” she asks taking another step towards him. Now standing in front of him.
“ How I felt” he told her, looking down at her.
“ And now?” she asked looking up into his blue, blue eyes. She could see the answer written all over his face, but she wanted him to voice it.
“ I want to be with you. In a relationship” he finally says. A smile breaks out across her face. She wraps her arms around his neck and kisses him soft and slow.
“ So do I” she whispers against his lips before kissing him again, this time more passionately.
Chapter End Notes:
I'm not sure if there is a rule 13, i imagine there would, i havent heard of it yet so i decided to make up my own.hope you like