- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
In the hospital.
"Gibbs?" Tony said, opening his eyes and looking around. He recognized a hospital room when he saw one.

"Yeah Tony, I'm here." Gibbs said.

"Abby?" Tony asked. "Where...? Oh, hi Ducky."

"How are you feeling, dear boy?" Ducky asked as Gibbs moved out of the way so that Tony could see the occupant in the next bed.

"She...OK?" Tony paused, in obvious pain. "Shot...shoulder."

Gibbs moved his hand the press the nurse call button. Ducky moved to Tony's bedside and gingerly checked Tony's back for redness and bleeding. His bandage was clean and there was no redness.

Tony shook his head. "She...OK?" Tony repeated.

Gibbs nodded. "She just got out of surgery. Bullet was removed. She is going to be fine."

Tony breathed a sigh of relief. "Screwed up."

"Tony...."

"Was...hinky, shouldn't have stopped."

"Tony," Gibbs said, cupping Tony's shoulder. "...you did good. Abby said you took care of her. You protected her. I read the police report, Tony. You did good." Gibbs repeated.

"Police...report?" Tony asked, confused.

"The local LEOs showed up and found the three of you there at the store. He, Officer Adams, said there had been trees and power lines down in the road, in his report. That was why it took so long for them to get to you." Gibbs explained.

Tony nodded, his eyes were feeling so heavy that he had a hard time keeping them open. "Abby...hear me?"

"Abigail is asleep right now, Anthony." Ducky said. "You should rest too. You too will have plenty of time to speak with each other later.

Tony nodded and closed his eyes, letting sleep claim him.
Chapter End Notes:
This may wrap up in another chapter. It may last several more. I am not sure. I have had a really good time writing this way. Usually I finish the story before it's posted. This has been an adventure and a challange. Thanks to everyone for a their comments.