- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Alls well that ends well
As the Dwarfs, wandered round the green, meeting the strangers and telling them of life in the village. Sleepy in his usual sleepy way picked up one of the lamps and seeing a splodge, a fingerprint, rubbed the lamp with his sleeve. To everyone amazement and shock a pink mist began to float out of the spout and form into a figure.
“Wow, Barbie.” Happy squealed.
“I am not Barbie. I am Jeanne of the lamp, and I will grant you three wishes. But then again I may not.” Jeanne replied.
“May I have just one wish?” Snow White enquired, “It’s not for me it’s for grandma.”
“Grandma?” everyone shouted, “Why her?”

Well children if you have not already gathered, everyone was scared of grandma. It wasn’t her fault, that she suffered from hirsutism. This as you know causes an increased hair growth. But over the years she had grown upset and people had thought she was a wolf. She never went out in company always alone. The frog and Snow White had tried to help. But now here, could be the cure.

“Grandma wants to be normal. She wants to join in the village life again. So please can you wish her hormones to go back to normal, please.” Snow White asked closing her eyes and crossing her fingers.
“Okay, but just this once.” As she waved her hand and blew some pink mist in the direction of grandma’s house, “Now I’m tired and need to lie down, so please excuse me.” As she swirled her way back into the lamp.
****
So later that evening, when everyone was either, dancing round the green, or visiting grandma. Now she wasn’t so hairy, and a pleasure to see, she had visitors again.
Grumpy and Snow White were settled in the cottage, sipping rye and munching on cheese and crackers.
“So Snowie, been some year.” As Grumpy looked into the flames.
“Don’t know what I would have done without you guys.” She replied.
“So what now?” Grumpy asked.
“Goldie’s got a 5yr plan, and I think I might take a year out. We thought Scotland, Paris and the Med. They say that Alexander the Great’s sister was turned into a mermaid when she died, she was called Thessalonike, believe there is a place named after her. If we went there, maybe see, the little mermaid, or swim with dolphins. Also we hear Tenerife has an active volcano.”
“Hear there is a little mermaid in Copenhagen. They do a good lager there.” Grumpy added smiling.
“Why not come with us Grumpy. Do you good to get away.” Snow White now asked turning to face the Dwarf.
“Snow White, we are all part of a story. I can’t leave, but I wish you all the best.”
So this children, was how Goldie and Snow White left the village. The summer turned to autumn. The Dwarfs fought and argued, they missed the tidiness of the cottage. That, and the good food. Grandma did drop in and mended their clothes and cooked big dinners, but it wasn’t the same. They loved the laughter and the smiles after a long day working. But…………..as all good fairy stories go, there is always a happy ending.
****
And so it was, that Grumpy was out walking in the wood, when he heard a crying sound from behind a tree. He walked over and peered round the tree. He saw this girl crying, she was holding the most beautiful silver and black stiletto shoe, the heel encrusted with rhinestones, or were they diamonds? But the heel seemed broken.
“Hello,” Grumpy said gently, “You ok?”
“No, yes, no, I was running away from my abusive husband. He was supposed to be a nice kind Prince, but he hit me. So I ran away. I only have these shoes left. The horses escaped, and my dresses all turned to rags. And then to crown it all my heel fell off. I don’t suppose you could help mend it.” She now asked.
As Grumpy helped the girl to her feet, he saw that she too was vertically challenged. He looked into her brown eyes.
“Do you have a name?” He enquired.
“They called me cinders, because I was always covered in soot and grime. My wicked stepmother………….”
“Hey you got one too?” he laughed.
“Yes, why?” she replied.
“Nothing,” Grumpy replied, “Name?”
“I think it was Eve, because it was always eventually, she’ll do it. Eventually she’ll get it right. Even if she does get it right I’ll find a reason to make it wrong. Eveidently she is nothing but an event gone wrong. I had two step-sisters you see, they were always right.”
“I could fix your shoe for you.” Grumpy said looking into her face.
“Could you?” she replied, “But how do I replay?” smiling into his blue eyes,
“You cook?” he asked.
“Yes, and sew and keep house.” The girl answered.
“Fancy coming home, and meeting the team then?” as Grumpy offered the girl his hand.
“That would be lovely.” She replied taking his hand.
And as all good fairy story ends, they walked into the sunset. Well Grumpy walked, the girl she hobbled, she hadn’t taken off the other shoe.

The End.
Chapter End Notes:
sorry I had to get my alter ego in there