- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The Gibbs family take a trip
“ Yeah everything is booked. We come down Friday, should arrive around 7pm or 8pm”.
“ Are you going to stay here?”.
“ No we have a hotel down the street from you. Your place if full already, another three bodies would be too much” Kate told her sister, Rachel over the phone. They were finishing the last touches of the Gibbs’ family trip to Miami.
“ Are you sure?” Rachel asked.
“ Yes. We will spend every other minute with you guys I promise. I got to go and finish packing. I will call you as soon as we reach the hotel ok”.
“ Ok. Drive safe and give little Connor a kiss for me ok” Rachel said.
“ I will. See you later” she hung up and walked back into Connor’s room where Jethro and Connor where packing his bag.
“ Now you need a jumper in case it get cold” Jethro told him. Connor went to his closet and pulled out a deep blue jumper that had a giraffe on it.
“ This one?” he asked holding it up. Jethro nodded.
“ Yep, bring it over”. Jethro re-folded it and put it in the bag.
“ You sure have a lot of clothes for three days” Kate said from the doorway. Bothe Jethro and Connor turned and looked at her, then at each other.
“ You said pack and pack is what we did” Jethro told her. Kate gave a little laugh. She did tell them to pack, but obviously the packing is the woman’s job. She walked over to them.
“ It’s fine. The more clothes the better I guess. Well it’s time to get ready for bed, let’s go brush your teeth” Kate said. Connor nodded and ran off into the bathroom.
“ Thank you for packing” Kate said to Jethro.
“ Even though it was too much” he said with a grin. Kate rolled her eyes.
“ It’s fine. You know what he is like, he will get everything dirty in a matter of minutes” . He nodded in agreement then snaked an arm around her waist and pulled her in closer.
“ Are you packed?” he asked.
“ Almost” she smiled.
“ I think I should help you with the rest” he said then kissed her. She wrapped her arms around his neck and started to deepen the kiss.
“ Mummy” they heard Connor call from the bathroom. Kate broke with a sigh.
“ Give me 10 minutes” she said with a quick kiss then disappeared into the bathroom. Jethro pulled Connor’s bag off his bed and left it by the door, then went and made sure everything was shut, locked and turned off before heading into their bedroom. He pulled out his bag from under the bed and started throwing sock, underwear and shirt into it. He stopped when he got to his pants draw.
‘ Miami in summer’ he thought to himself. He packed a pair of pants, then the rest were his khaki shorts and one pair of board shorts that Kate had brought him last year.
“ Good night sweet heart. Mummy loves you” he heard Kate say as she tucked Connor into bed.
“ Yes Daddy will be in soon” she said then turned around and turned the light off. She went to walk out the door but her foot hit something.
“ Oww, Jesus” she said in a hushed tone, hoping Connor didn’t hear her. She hobbled to the bedroom.
“ Are you ok?” Jethro asked after hearing the thud and a curse.
“ Yeah just kicked my toe. He wants you to say good night to him” she told him as she sat on the bed rubbing her toe.
“ Ok” he said then left. She looked over her shoulder and saw his bag already half full. She smiled to herself. She had been packing for the last two days and she still was nowhere near finished. She still had so many clothes to go through. She got up off the bed and pulled her half empty bag onto the bed. She had already packed her underwear, swimmers and pyjamas. She went to her closest and took out her favourite sundress and put it into her bag. Jethro walked into the room and saw her packing. He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her neck.
“ I think that’s all the clothes you need” he whispered into her ear. She laughed.
“ We are not shoving Connor off to my sister so we can catch up 3 years of sex” she told him turning around in his arms.
“ I know, but it would be nice” he said kissing her on the lips.
“ Well maybe for one day” she said with a smile.
“ Can you help me pack?” she asked pulling back to look at him. He sighed and nodded his head.
“ Sure” he said and took a seat on the bed and waited for Kate to pull out all her clothes.

They had left D.C later then what they had wanted to so they didn’t reach the hotel until 8:30pm.
“ Room for Gibbs” Jethro said to the receptionist. Kate had a sleeping Connor in her arms.
“ Here you go. It’s on the third floor and on the left. Your bags will be brought up to you shortly” the blonde to him with a smile. Jethro gathered their bags together so they wouldn’t get lost and led Kate to their room. He opened the door and walked in first turning on all the lights.
“ This is nice” Kate stated as she walked in. She found the beds and placed Connor down on the single bed and pulled the blanket over him.
“ You’re not going to change him?” Jethro asked.
“ You know how cranky he gets when he is woken up” she told him. Jethro smiled.
“ Oh I know. He is just like his Mummy” he said with a chuckle. Kate just rolled her eyes.
“ I have to call Rachel. Keep an ear out for our bags” she told him.
“ Kate are you guys ok?” Rachel greeted her.
“ Yes we’re fine. We just left a little bit later that’s all” she assured her sister.
“ Ok. Well we were thinking we could have picnic at the beach tomorrow. If the weather is good that is. What do you think?” Rachel asked.
“ That sounds great. Connor has never been to the beach before”.
“ Really?”.
“ Yeah. He has been to the pool many of times. Ok well ring me tomorrow with times and everything. We should get some sleep. Night Rach” Kate said.
“ Ok will do. Night Kate” Rachel said then hung up. Kate walked back to Jethro who was bringing the bags into the room.
“ Rach has organized a picnic at the beach for tomorrow” Kate told him as she grabbed her bag from him and put it on her side of the bed.
“ Sounds nice. I get to see you in your bikini” he said with a cheeky grin. He made his way over to her and wrapped his arms around her.
“ I guess you do” she said with a smile. He leaned down and kissed her. His hands running up underneath her shirt. Her hands went down his chest and settled on his hips. She then started to unbuckle his belt and slipped his pants off him. She slipped a hand underneath his boxers and gently started to rub his balls.
“ Katie” he moaned. A smile crept over her face. They haven’t had this much contact in months. Jethro couldn’t take it and picked Kate up and put her on the bed. He ripped her shirt over her head and kissed her chest and the skin of her boobs that weren’t covered by her bra. He ran his hands down her smooth skin and to her skirt. He was about to unzip it but her hands stopped him. He stopped his kisses and looked at him.
“ Jet, I you want to be” she started breathlessly. He knew what she was going to say, they had had the talk more than once.
“ I want to” he told her, then started kissing her neck.
“ What?” she asked confused. He stopped again to look down at her.
“ I want to have another baby” he told her in a soft voice. She just stared at him. She couldn’t believe what he was saying.
“ Jet we have to talk about this” she said seriously.
“ What is there to talk about?”. They never talked about this before, so why should it be any different now. She pushed him off her and sat up on the bed
“ What will we do with Connor and work. I’m not ready to have more time off work. Not to mention we only have two bedrooms” she stated. Jethro sighed and didn’t look at her. He knew she was right, but he wanted another daughter. He loved Connor so much, but he would love to have another daughter, a sister for Kelly so to speak.
“ We can sort those things out when it comes to it” he told her.
“ Jethro you’re a wonderful father and I would love to give you another child but there are so many things stopping us” she told him as she rubbed his shoulder. He looked up at her.
“ Kate I” he started to say but was interrupted by a cry.
“ Mummy” Connor cried from the other room. Kate sighed and got up from the bed and pulled on her t-shirt he had thrown on the floor.
“ Just think about it some more ok” she said softly before heading for Connor.

“ Hi guys. Is that Connor” Rachel greeted them at the door. Connor nodded his head shyly.
“ Wow you’re a big boy now. How old are you?” she asked the little boy. He holds up two fingers.
“ That’s old” Rachel joked. Connor smiled.
“ Come in, the others are still getting ready” she told them stepping aside to let them in.
“ Aunt Kate” they heard two voices call from upstairs. Kate put Connor down to get ready for the greeting. First it was James, who was now 6. He ran up to her, arms outstretched. Kate bent down and hugged him.
“ Hello. You have grown a lot since last time” Kate said as she let go of him and had a good look at the little boy.
“ I grew this much” James said showing Kate the measurement with his fingers. James looked past Kate and saw Jethro standing there. His face lit up even more.
“ Uncle Jet” he said happily before launching himself at Jethro. Jethro bent down and picked the boy up who wrapped his tiny hands around his neck in a tight hug.
“ Your coming to the beach to?” he asked.
“ Of course. Wouldn’t miss it” Jethro replied with a smile.
“ Yay” James cheered.
“ Have you finished packing?” Rachel asked him. He shook his head.
“ Well you should go finish, then we can go” Jethro said putting him down.
“ Ok” he said then ran off back to his bedroom.
“ You should visit more often. Do you think you can get him to eat his vegetables” Rachel said with a laugh as she led them into the kitchen where Dominic was packing the last of the food.
“ Hey guys, nice to see you” Dom greeted them.
“ Always good to see you” Kate said giving him a hug.
“ Hey Connor. You ready for the beach?” Dom asked Connor with a smile. Connor just nodded again.
“ I think he has lost his voice today” Kate said with laugh as she ran a hand through Connor light brown hair.
“ Once he sees the beach he will find it again” Jethro said as he picked Connor up and he wrapped his arms around his neck. The sight made Kate smile and she felt bad for immediately dismissing his want to have another baby. She didn’t think the thought showed on her face but when she looked up at her sister she knew it had.
“ Mum we’re ready” Nicole said as her and James entered the kitchen with their beach bags.
“ Ok. So we can head off now” Rachel said.
“ It’s only a 10 minute walk” Dominic told the as he grabbed the basket and esky. Jethro put Connor down and helped Dominic with carrying everything. Kate took Connor’s hand and Nicole took Connor’s other hand. Connor looked up at Nicole and gave her a small smile. They made the small walk and found a nice place on the beach to set up the umbrella and their towels.
“ Ok sunscreen time” Dominic called. Nicole and James stood in a line while Dominic applied their sunscreen.
“ Connor your turn” Dominic called. Connor slowly walked over to Dom. The adults then applied sun screen to each other.
“ Don’t forget your hats” Rachel called. Nicole and James put their hats on and ran off to the edge of the water.
“ You ready?” Kate asked Jethro.
“ Yep. Camera?” he asked.
“ In the bag” she told him. He rummaged around the bag and grabbed it out. Connor clung to Kate’s hand as they made their way down to the water. Connor squealed happily as the cool water came up and soaked his feet. Jethro smiled and started to take photos.
“ He really likes the water” Rachel pointed out as Connor started jumping making the water splash up.
“ Yeah he loves it. He never wants to get out when we are at the pool” Kate told them.
“ You might have an Olympic swimming on your hands” Dominic said with a laugh.
“ Wouldn’t surprise me” Kate laughed. Nicole and James ran up to them and stopped at Connor. Nicole bent down and grabbed a handful of wet sand and handed it to Connor, who mushed it between his hands.
“ He likes it” Nicole said happily.
“ Can we make sand castles now?” James asked.
“ Sure” Dominic said.
“ Did you know I was the best sand castle maker when I was younger?” Jethro asked Nicole and James. They both shook their heads.
“ Could you teach us?” Nicole asked.
“ Of Course” he said with a smile. He looked up at Kate.
“ You don’t mind?” he asked. She shook her head.
“ Not at all. Go for it, just keep an eye on Connor ok” she said.
“ Always” he said and kissed her cheek, handing her the camera and taking Connor, Nicole James and Dominic just out of the water to start building sand castles. Kate and Rachel walked back up to the umbrella and Kate put the camera away.
“ Is everything ok?” Rachel asked. Kate looked up at her.
“ Yeah. Why do you ask?”.
“ You two just don’t seem like yourselves” Rach said with a shrug. Kate looked down the beach at Jethro and the rest of them. She sighed before finally answering her sister.
“ Jethro wants another child” she told her.
“ And what’s wrong with that?” Rach asked.
“ I just don’t know if I could do it again. Months off work, no sleep, not to mention no sex” Kate said naming things that she missed while she was pregnant with Connor.
“ Really?”.
“ We haven’t had sex since Connor was born. I only went back to work 12 months ago” Kate told her.
“ But aside from all that would you want another child?” Rach asked. Kate thought for a minute then smiled.
“ I do”.
“ Then what’s the problem?”.
“ We don’t have the room, money or time for another child. I would love to give Jethro another child, but I just can’t stop thinking about the negatives” Kate explained. She sat down on her towel and got out a bottle of water. Rachel sat down next to her.
“ When we had Nicole I was happy that she was a girl. I had always wanted a little girl so I could dress her up as a princess” Rachel and Kate laughed.
“ But Dom always wanted a boy to go fishing with and to teach him all about cars. So we had James. I love them both so much, but I did it for Dom” Rach told her.
“ So if it wasn’t for Dom you would have stopped with Nicole?” Kate asked. Rachel shook her head.
“ I don’t think so. Having James, there’s just so much more love in our family now. I can’t think of my life without him. Kate you need to talk to Jethro about this. You know how he feels, let him know how you feel”. Kate nodded.
“ Thank you. You were always the smart one” she said with a laugh.
“ Well not according to mum” they both burst out into laughter. Kate got up.
“ I might go see how they are going” she said.
“ Ok, send Dom up here to help with the food” Rach told her. Kate nodded as she made her way down the beach.
“ Don’t use to much water otherwise it won’t stick together” she heard Jethro instructing them.
“ Mummy” Connor called with a smile on his face.
“ Hey sweetie” she answered him.
“ Look” he said pointing to the mounds of sand in the middle of them.
“ Wow. Did you do that?” she asked. He nodded.
“ Daddy, Cole, Jame and Om” he said pointing to everyone involved. Kate laughed at the nick names he had given them. She knelt down next to Jethro.
“ Daddy is very creative isn’t he” she said as she ran a hand through Jethro’s hair. He smiled at her.
“ Dom, Rach wants you to help with the food” Kate said turning her attention to Dominic who was decorating the sand with shells.
“ Ok, no problem. You guys behave” he said as he got up and ran up the beach.
“ What is it?” Kate asked.
“ It’s a castle with mote” Jethro told her.
“ And a paddock for the horses” Nicole added. Kate smiled at her 8 year old niece. Maybe having another child wasn’t so bad. She would love to have a daughter.
“ I see. It’s the best castle with a mote and a paddock for the horses I have ever seen” Kate said with a smiled.
“ Nicole, James lunch” Rachel called down the beach.
“ Nic can you take Connor?” Kate asked. Nicole smiled.
“ Sure. Come on Connor lets go eat” she said holding out her hand. Connor dropped his shells and wiped his hands on his rash shirt then took Nicole’s hand.
“ Lunch” he repeated as the three of them made their way up the beach. Kate turned back to Jethro.
“ I’ve been thinking. I wouldn’t mind having a girl” she told him softly. Jethro’s face lit up.
“ I would love a daughter” he told her.
“ But can we hold off for a little bit. I want to do things before we have another nine months of preparation to do”. Jethro nodded.
“ I’ll agree to that” he said. She smiled and leaned in and kissed him. He depend the kiss, forcing her back onto the sand, his body on top of hers. He ran a hand along her naked side.
“ Hey you two, lunch” they heard Dominic call out. Jethro broke the kiss and looked down at Kate.
“ He’s your brother in law” he said with a laugh.
“ Hey he’s yours as well” she said with a smile. Jethro got up and helped her up and they made their way up the beach to the others.
“ Grab a plate. There is salads and cold meat” Rachel told them.
“ Thanks Rach” Kate said as she grabbed a plate. Rach smiled at her. She could sense that everything was good between Kate and Jethro and somehow she knew there would be another Gibbs on the way in the future.
“ Mummy finished” Connor said showing Kate his empty plate.
“ Good boy. Do you want any more?” Kate asked. He shook his head.
“ Ok. Did you want some water?” she asked. He nodded his head.

“ What do you say?” Jethro asked.
“ Please” he said. Kate smiled and grabbed her water bottle and undid the lid for him.
“ Mum can we continue our castle?” James asked as he handed Rachel his empty plate.
“ After you put some more sun screen on” she told them. After re-applying sunscreen the three kids and Dom went back down to finish off the castle. Kate and Jethro were helping Rachel pack everything up from lunch
“ Hey I was talking to Dom before. We could take Connor tomorrow if you two want to spend some time together” Rachel told them. Kate looked at her sister completely shocked.
“ What? Didn’t you say you wanted more” Rachel started.
“ Yes but I thought that would stay between us” Kate said.
“ We are all family. So what do you say?”. Kate looked over at Jethro who had the biggest smile on his face.
“ Sure. Thank you so much” she said as she hugged her sister.
“ Anytime. So drop him off after breakfast and then we can all have diner together” Rach suggested
“ Ok. What time?”.
“ Around 6-6:30pm” Rach said.
“ Sounds good. Now re-apply and lets go swimming” Kate said. They all re-applied. Kate and Rach went out into the surf while Jethro stayed with the others helping them with the castle. 30 minutes later they were finally finished.
“ Yay. Now can we go swimming dad?” Nicole asked.
“ Of course.” Dom said. Nicole took one hand while James took the other and Dom led them out a little way. Jethro picked Connor up and headed out to. He stopped when the waves were starting to get bigger and stronger. Connor spotted Kate and Rachel not too far out.
“ Mummy” he called as he waved his arms. Kate turned around and saw Jethro with Connor in his arms. Kate smiled and started to head back in towards them.
“ Hey baby, you in the waves” she said as she reached them. Connor reached out for Kate and Jethro let him go.
“ Do you like the beach?” she asked him. He nodded and held on tight as another wave came and hit Kate in the back of the legs. Jethro moved forward so he was closer to them. He ran a hand through Connors hair, then leaned in and kissed Kate.
“ I love you” he told her.
“ I love you too” she replied with a smile.
“ Love you” Connor replied making them smile and they both kissed his cheeks.
Rachel joined Dom, Nicole and James.
“ So are we baby-sitting tomorrow?” Dom asked his wife as she picked up James.
“ Yep. They haven’t had time to themselves since he was born” Rachel told him.
“ I know, I remember what it was like” he said with a smile.
“ Dad I want to go out” Nicole said tugging on his arm. He bent down and picked her up.
“ Ok, let’s go” Dom said as he made his way further out. Nicole giggled every time a wave hit them.
“ Uncle Jet. Come with us” she yelled out. Jethro looked out and saw her gesturing for him to follow. He looked back at Kate.
“ Princess Nicole beckons” he says, gives them both a quick kiss and makes his way out to Nicole and Dom. Kate and Connor watched the three of them. Connor rested his head in the crook of Kate’s neck and held on to the strap of her swimming top. They were soon joined by Rach and James.
“ The girls are always their daddy’s little princess” Rach said with a smile. Kate turned to face Rach as she was hit with yet another small wave.
“ I can see that” Kate said with a smile.
“ What am I?” James asked his mum.
“ Your my knight in shining armour” Rach told him then kissed his cheek, making him smile. Connor yawned and snugged closer to Kate.
“ Someone looks a little tired” Rach said with a smile.
“ He had a big night” Kate said kissing his forehead.
“ We should head off soon. We’ll let them have some before we call them in” Rach said.
“ Sounds good. Might change his nappy and let him have a nap” Kate said as she followed Rach out of the water. Rach put James down and he ran up back to the umbrella and wrapped himself in his towel.
“ Mummy can I have a drink please?” James asked.
“ Sure. Water?” Rach asked digging through the esky. James nodded and she handed him a small bottle of water.
“ Thank you” he said. Kate had Connor down on the towel and was changing his nappy and him into dry short, but left his rash shirt on as it was relatively dry.
“ So what’s the verdict?” Rachel asked.
“ On what?” Kate asked confused.
“ On having another one”.
“ Oh. Well we will in the future. I told him if we can wait a little bit longer. I don’t want to rush into it” Kate explained.
“ That’s fair enough. Two year olds can still be a handful” Rachel said. Kate looked down at Connor on the towel, he had fallen asleep. Kate smiled at him. She actually couldn’t wait to have another child.
“ We’re ready to go” she heard Dom say, making her turn around to see the three of the wet from head to toe. She couldn’t help the smile that spread across her face when she saw Jethro with his hair wet and sticking to his face.
‘ God he is sexy’ she thought to herself. He grabbed his towel and started to dry himself off.
“ We are ready to. We have everything packed up except for the umbrella” Rachel said.
“ How’s he doing?” Jethro asked as he came over to Kate.
“ He fell asleep” Kate told him as she stood up. Jethro looked past Kate and saw Connor asleep on his back.
“ I’ll take him” he said. Kate took his towel and he bent down and picked up Connor, who snuggled into him, his head in the crook of his neck and his hand clinging to the collar of Jethro’s rash shirt. They headed back home. They said goodbye to the others at their house and promised to drop Connor off in the morning. The walked back to the hotel and entered their room. Jethro went to put Connor down in his bed but he wouldn’t let go and when Kate went to pull him of he would start to cry.
“ Looks like you’re stuck with him” Kate said with a laugh. Jethro sigh and went and sat on the lounge. Kate followed and pulled Connors shirt off. She handed Jethro the remote to the TV.
“ I’m going for a shower. Do you want anything else?” she asked.
“ Just a kiss” he said with a smile. She smiled and leaned in and kissed him before turning and heading for the shower. She came out and sat next to Jethro, who still held a sleeping Connor.
“ Are you sure you want to do this again?” she asked as she moved Connor’s hair out of his face. Jethro looked down at his sleeping boy and smiled.
“ If you’re willing to do it with me” he said. Kate looked up at him.
“ I do but I just want you to know that there a lot of things that have to be sorted out before we even start trying” she told him.
“ I know but for now can we just enjoy our time together. Away from all the stress” he said. She smiled and nodded. She leaned up over Connor and kissed him.
“ Connor to” they heard a small tired voice say. Kate pulled back and saw him rubbing his eyes. She smiled and leaned down and kissed his cheek.
“ Did you have a nice sleep?” she asked. He nodded his head.
“ I think its bath time” Kate said and Connor shook his head.
“ He can have a shower with me” Jethro suggested. Kate looked at him shocked.
“ What?” he asked with a chuckle.
“ Nothing, it’s just you’ve never suggested that before” she said and Connor sat up properly.
“ I’ve never been home for bath time” he reminded her. Which is true. Kate had always left the office early to get Connor and bath him before Gibbs got home.
“ Do you want a shower with daddy?” she asked Connor. His face lit up and he nodded, jumped off the couch and ran into the bathroom.
“ Daddy” he called.
“ He’s waiting” she said with a smile. He leaned over and kissed her before getting up heading for the bathroom. Kate sat back and changed the TV trying to find something to watch. She heard the shower running and smiled. She couldn’t help but feel like the luckiest woman in the world. She had the most sexiest, loving husband and the most gorgeous little boy anyone could ask for. She couldn’t find anything on the TV so she got up and went to the bathroom. She stood in the doorway and watched her two boys. Jethro put shampoo in his hair, then stood out of the water and put Connor under then put a small amount of shampoo in his hair.
“ Close your eyes. Really tight” Jethro told him and Connor squeezed his eyes shut.
“ They closed?” Jethro asked.
“ Yes” Connor answered. Jethro tipped his head back and rinsed Connors hair. He then cleared his face of all soap.
“ You can open them now” Jethro instructed. Connor opened his eyes with a smile.
“ Ok now stand over there will daddy washes his hair ok” Jethro told him and the little boy obeyed. Once Jethro was done he picked up Connor and rubbed the soap over his little body, stopping to tickle his tummy. Connor’s giggle filled the room. Kate couldn’t help but laugh as well. They both turned and saw her standing there. Jethro smiled at her.
“ I think mummy should join us” he said and Connor nodded his agreement.
“ No mummy has already showered” Kate told them. Jethro turned to Connor.
“ Did you see mummy shower?” he asked Connor. He shook his head.
“ No. Mummy need wash” he said.
“ That’s because you were asleep” she said as she stepped into the bathroom and lifted her shirt over her head. Then she slid her shorts and underwear off and opened the door and hoped in.
“ Mummy” Connor said happily.
“ Hey baby” she said as she kissed his wet cheek. She stood next to Jethro who put an arm around her pulling her close to him. She rested her head on his chest and put and arm around him and the other one around Connor. Connor did the same. Rested his head on Jethro’s chest and his small arm on Kate’s outstretched arm. Kate smiled at her little man who had the eyes of his daddy. Jethro looked down at the two people in his arms. He couldn’t be more happier. He felt like he was the luckiest man in the world. He had the most gorgeous, caring and loving wife and the most adorable little son anyone could ever ask for. He leaned down and kissed the top of their heads. She looked up at him. She saw the twinkle in his eyes. And even if he never said it she knew that he was the happiest he has ever been. She wanted to have as many children as he wanted if it made him this happy. She saw Connor shiver a little.
“ Ok I think it’s time to get out” she said. She opened the door and grabbed her towel. She grabbed a towel for Connor and Jethro passed him out and Kate went and dried him off and got him dressed. Jethro came out in nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist and Kate help but stare. She hardly got to see him without close on anymore and she was surprised to think he looked better then what she remembered.
“ What do you want to do for diner?” she asked him. He shrugged.
“ Room service” he said as he looked for something to put on.
“ Sure” she said and went to find the menu. After diner they put a very sleepy Connor to bed then headed off to their room. Jethro was already on the bed when Kate came back in from checking on Connor.
“ You know, I’ve been thinking a lot since we came back from the beach” she said as she crawled onto the bed and laid on her side facing Jethro.
“ Oh yeah” he said.
“ Yeah” she answered. She wanted his full attention before she told him.
“ What about?” he asked.
“ Well, about you and me” she said. This definitely got his attention. His head turned towards her with a worried look on his face. She had to try and hold back a little laugh. She reached out and touched his face.
“ I don’t want to wait to have another baby” she told him with a soft smile. A grin spread across his face.
“ Are you sure?” he asked.
“ Positive. It’ll make you even happier and seeing you happy makes me happy. I want a girl Jet” she tells him with a smile. He couldn’t contain himself. He took her lips with his and flipped her onto her back and was on top of her. She instantly wrapped her legs around his waist and brought him closer down to her. He ran a hand up under her shirt and grasp her breast. He heard a soft moan escape from her throat. Her hands ran down and grabbed the hem of his shirt and she lifted it over his head. She ran her hands over his bare skin. Her started to head for his short but stopped at the sound of a scream.
“ MUMMY”. Kate stopped the kiss and waited for a minute. She could hear him crying. Jethro got off her and she jumped off the bed and ran to get him. Once again their love making was to be put on hold. Kate soon came in with a tear stained faced Connor on her hip.
“ I think it’s the different room” she said moving his hair from his face.
“ Come here” Jethro said holding out his arms. Kate let him down on the bed and Connor crawled into Jethro’s lap.
“ Can he sleep with us tonight?” Kate asked. Jethro looked down at the boy who was clinging on to him.
“ I guess he is going to have to if we want to get some sleep tonight” Jethro told her. He started to pull the blankets back and tucked Connor underneath with him. Kate waited to turn off the light before she joined them. Connor lay in the middle of the bed on his back and both Kate and Jethro laid on their sides facing into him. They kissed him on the cheek.

Kate, Jethro and Connor arrived at Rachel’s house at 9:30am.
“ Good morning to you too” Rach answered after several hurried knocks from Kate.
“ Sorry but we got interrupted last night. Now I have packed him some pull-ups, a change of clothes and some of his own toys. It should do ‘til we come back for diner” Kate told her hurriedly.
“ Ok that’s all fine. Anything else we need to know?” Rach asked as she took the bag from Kate.
“ Just that he is exactly like Kate” Jethro added with a smile. Kate turned around and glared at him.
“ Ok no worries I can handle that” Rach said with a smile.
“ Oh ha ha. So diner at 6:30pm?” Kate doubled checked.
“ Yes, now get going otherwise you won’t get any time together” Rach said.
“ Ok. Connor you’re going to play with Aunty Rach, Uncle Dom, Nicole and James” Kate told him. She saw his face lit up as he nodded his head. She gave him a kiss on the cheek and so did Jethro then he raced into the house calling out Nicole and James’ name.
“ Thank you so much once again” Kate said.
“ Don’t worry about it. We went through it as well. Now go have fun” Rach said as she waved them off. Kate and Jethro walked down to the beach once again. They found a nice spot and applied sunscreen and made their way down to the water. Kate squealed at the cold water. Jethro laughed as he swiftly picked her up and headed into the water. He stopped every now and then when a wave came, so it could crash against his body and splash Kate.
“ Leroy Jethro Gibbs put me down right now” she yelled. He just laughed and kept going out. When they were out where they weren’t quiet crashing he stopped and looked at her.
“ You’re beautiful” he said. A small blush started up on her face. She smiled and he let her legs go. She wrapped her legs around his waist.
“ And you’re the most handsome man in the world. After Connor of course” she said with a smile, her lips inches away from his.
“ Of course” he repeated in a whisper as he closed the distance. They lifted off the sand by a wave which caused them to break from the kiss.
“ I love you so much” she says with a smile.
“ I love you too” he replies. She gives him another quick kiss then let’s go of him and turns to dive under the next wave. Jethro smiled and followed her. He grabs her around the waist and lifts her up and drops her back down, still holding onto her.
“ We really need to move near the beach” she says as she can feel him place kisses on her neck.
“ Maybe” he said through his kisses. He stopped as he felt Kate prepare to go under another wave, so he did the same. He saw Kate pop up.
‘ God she is gorgeous’ he thought to himself.
‘And she is all mine’ he added as he looked around the rest of the beach. He once again reached Kate, who turned to meet him with a wide smile. She threw her arms around his neck and kissed him.
“ I want to go make a baby” she said against his lips. He smiled and let her go and turned to head of the water. He could hear Kate close behind him. When the water got shallow he started to run. So did Kate. Once she reached the sand she sprinted past Jethro. He sped up and caught her round the waits from behind. She was laughing uncontrollably now. She pulled him down into the sand and rolled on top of him and kissed him senseless. His hands sat on her bare things.
“ Katie your teasing me” he said in a hoarse voice.
“ I’m just having fun Jethro” she said in a cheeky voice.
“ I just want you” he said.
“ You have me Jethro” she said. He smiled.
“ I want you now Katie” he said squeezing her thighs. Her smile grew wider.
“ Let’s go then” she said as she got up off him and grabbed her towel and clothes. They rushed back to their hotel room. Within two steps inside the door their clothes were off and their lips locked as they moved to the bedroom. Kate pulled Jethro down on top of her. Her legs tangling with his. They have waited for this moment for so long, neither of them could wait any longer.
Kate laid in Gibbs’ arms, her head on his chest and her hand drawing lazy circles on his stomach.
“ I’ve wanted that for so long” she said in a soft voice. He ran a hand through her hair.
“ Hmmm, too long” he said in a low voice. She felt him kiss her forehead.
“ What’s the time?” she asks, not being able to see the clock on the bedside table. Jethro turns and looks at the red glowing numbers.
“ 12pm”.
“ Good. We have time for a nap” she said as she snuggled closer to him. Her leg brushing the inside of his thigh, igniting the fire within him again. If they were going to have another baby he didn’t want to wait another 2 years before having sex. So in one swift movement he had Kate on her back and himself above her.
“ Or we could always go again” he said mischievously. He saw the smile on her face spread and the cheeky gleam in her eyes.
“ On one condition” she tells him. He looks at her with a smirk. She puts her legs either side of his and pushes him back down onto the bed and straddles his waits, her hair falling down over her face.
“ I’m on top” she says in a teasing whisper.
“ Fine with me” he says as he leans up and captures his lips with hers.

“ Hey guys, did you enjoy yourselves?” Rachel asked as she opened the door and saw Kate and Jethro with their arms around each other.
“ You could say that” Kate said with a smile as she looked up at Jethro, who returned her smile. Rachel could tell straight away they had done everything they wanted and were happy and relaxed. She stepped aside to let them in.
“ So did he behave himself?” Jethro asked as he looked around for the kids.
“ Of course he did. He is always a good boy” Rachel exclaimed as she led them into the backyard where Dominic had already started the BBQ and the kids where running around with a soccer ball.
“ Well for you maybe” Kate said with a smile. As soon as they stepped out onto the patio Connor spotted them.
“ Mummy, Daddy” he called as he left their game and ran towards his parents. Jethro bent down and picked him up in a big hug.
“ Hey buddy. Did you have fun today?” he asked. Connor nodded his head.
“ We played and movie” he explained. Kate ran her hand up and down Connor’s back. He turned and another smiled lightened up his face. He stretched out his arms and Jethro let him go and Kate took him in another big hug and a kiss.
“ Mummy missed you” she said.
“ Missed you” Connor told her. James then came running onto the patio.
“ Uncle Jet, come look at our tree house” he said grabbing Jethro’s hand and tugging him further into the yard.
“ I go to” Connor said and Kate let him go and ran after the other two. Kate steeped down off the patio and joined Rachel and Dom by the BBQ.
“ Beer?” Dom asked.
“ No thanks. Any lemonade?” Kate asked. As long as her and Jethro were trying for a baby she didn’t want any alcohol, just in case.
“ Sure. Here you go” Domo said digging through the esky and handing her a cold can of lemonade.
“ So how many times did you try for a little girl?” Rachel asked quietly, but loud enough for Dom to hear.
“ Oh Rach, come on. I don’t need to hear this. Can’t it wait ‘til after we eat” Dom complained pointing the tongs at her.
“ No it can’t. If you don’t want to listen then close your ears” Rachel said playfully. Kate just laughed at the two.
“ Now tell me” Rach continued. Kate blushed a little.
“ Enough” she said simply. She saw Dom’s thankful expression that she didn’t go into detail, but the Rachel’s disappointed face. She was always one for details.
“ Kaatteee” she pleaded.
“ Rach I’m not telling you. It was enough to last us another two years…well maybe six months at least” Kate replied with a laugh.
“ Hang on…I thought you were going to wait to have another little one” Rachel said confused. Kate laughed again.
“ Well, when I look at him I just…I don’t know. I want to give him all the kids in the world” she said shyly, thinking that she would sound like a hopeless romantic. She received an ‘Aww’ from Rachel.
“ Women was Dom’s comment. They both rolled their eyes and turned to watch Jethro with the three kids. A smile crept across Kate’s face.
“ He is really good with kids isn’t he” Rachel stated. Kate just nodded.
“ He is wonderful” she said in a daze-like state. Rachel turned to face her.
“ I’m so happy for you Katie” she said. Kate looked at her, a little confused at her sudden words. Rachel smiled.
“ He makes you so happy and it’s clear that you make him just as happy. I am sorry I ever doubter your relationship” Rach said now serious.
“ Thank you. That means a lot to me” Kate said. Rachel couldn’t help but take Kate into a hug.
“ Dad really liked him to. He was always so proud of you. We all are” Rachel whispered to her. She felt Kate hug her tighter. They pulled back as they heard the kids yelling. They shared another smile.
“ Mummy, for you” Connor said holding out a pink flower for Kate.
“ Thank you sweetie, it smells wonderful” she said as she bent down and took it from him, giving him a kiss as a thank you.
“ Right, time to wash-up. Nicole take your brother and Connor to wash their hands please” Rach told her.
“ Ok” she said happily grabbing James and Connor’s hands and running inside. Kate stood up and Rachel went to check on the food. Jethro came over to stand in front of Kate. He looked into her eyes and could tell they looked a little watery than normal.
“ You ok?” he asked in a soft voice. She nodded.
“ Yeah, couldn’t be better” she replied with a beaming smile. He returned her smile and kissed her. He went to pull back but her arms around his neck stopped him. She hid her head in the crook of his neck and hugged him. He didn’t ask any more questions just hugged her back.
“ Come say goodbye to Aunty Kate and Uncle Jethro” Rachel called to the others. James and Nicole came running in with Connor following close behind.
“ Bye Aunty Kate” James said as he hugged her tightly. Kate squeezed him tightly.
“ You be a good boy for mummy and daddy” she told him.
“ I will” he said with a nod. He then went to Jethro for another big hug and Nicole went to Kate.
“ I’ll miss you Aunty Kate” she told her.
“ Miss you to princess. Now you look after your brother ok” she told Nicole. Nicole nodded.
“ Always” she said with a smile. Connor hugged them both, making Kate and Jethro smile. Rachel bent down and picked up Connor who hugged her tightly.
“ You come back and visit anytime ok” she told him. He nodded.
“ Mummy daddy too?” he asked pointing to Kate and Jethro. Rachel laughed.
“ They can come to if they want to” she said. She handed Connor over to Kate.
“ Ok we ready to go?” she asked Connor who yawned and laid his head on her shoulder.
“ I take that as a yes” Kate said as she ran a hand over his back. Rachel handed Jethro his bag and with the last good by hugs and kisses they left for their hotel to pack.
They left early the next morning as they didn’t want to spend their last day off driving. They arrived home around 3pm. They unpacked their bags and were all relaxing in front of the TV, Connor asleep on the couch between them. Jethro looked over at Kate. She was so beautiful. He remembered how beautiful she looked when she was pregnant with Connor. She had a radiant glow to her. She could feel his eyes on her and when she turned to look at him he didn’t turn away.
“ What?” she asked with a smile.
“ Nothing. It’s just…your so” he stumbled trying to find the right words. He was never good at saying this sort of thing, hell it took him 10 months to verbally say ‘I love you’. Kate smiled at him as she waited patiently for him to continue.
“ You’re so beautiful, especially when you’re pregnant” he told her. Her smile widened.
“ Is that another reason for having another baby?” she asked. Jethro now smiled.
“ It’s only one of the many reasons” he said with a little laugh. Kate leaned closer to him.
“ Well I think it’ about time you told me all of your reasons” she said in a soft voice. He leaned in, their lips almost touching.
“ Later” he said as he finally kissed her. They both felt the little person between them start moving. The separated and looked down at him. He rolled over and snuggled up into Jethro’s lap and let out a sigh of contentment. They both smiled.
“ And that is reason number one” he told her.
Chapter End Notes:
this may seem like a lot of drabble but i had to add something and this was what i came up with.i am not sure if i should continue.let me know if you think i should.