- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kate wants a pool. Gibbs is reluctant but agrees.what fun could be had in the new investment???
Kate walks into the kitchen and is met by a big smile and a cup of coffee.
“ Thank you” she says taking the cup and giving him a quick kiss. She looks out the kitchen to the backyard.
“ Jethro, I think we should get a pool” she says still staring out the window. She felt him come up and stand behind her.
“ And where do you think we should put it?” he asked then started to kiss her bare neck.
“ The backyard. There is all the space up the back and summer is just around the corner.
“ Well go to the public pool” he stopped kissing her neck and she turned around and looked up into his big blue eyes.
“ Well we can’t go skinny dipping in the public pool” she told him with a cheeky grin on her face. She took a quick sip of her coffee waiting for his answer.
“ I’m not skinny dipping anywhere”. She shrugged her shoulders.
“ Ok, well I’ll skinny dip while you watch” she said biting her bottom lip to try and stop the grin that wanted to spread across her face.
“ What happened to Caitlin Todd?” he asked.
“ What? I’m still here” she said confused.
“ Really. Well the Caitlin Todd I met would never suggest going skinny dipping” he said, she could see the humour in his eyes. She loved it when he was like this and not his serious self.
“ That’s because we met on the job and I like to keep my private and professional lives separate” she took another sip of her coffee. He looked down at her left hand and grabbed it, fiddling with the diamond ring on her finger.
“ What about this?” he asked. She looked down at the ring.
“ I couldn’t exactly hide it could I” she let out a little laugh.
“ If you like I could always take it back” he said teasing her as he started to slowly slide it off her finger.
“ I don’t think so” she said quickly and pulled her hand out of his grasp and fixed up the ring. She let out a sigh and looked at him.
“ Look, just think how much value it will put on the house”. Gibbs took a sip of his coffee.
“ Value doesn’t matter”.
“ Well could you at least think about?” she almost sounded like she was pleading. He nodded.
“ I’ll think about it” he agreed. She smiled and finished the last of her coffee
“ Good” she walked past him and rinsed her cup and left it on the sink.
“ Now I got to get ready”. Gibbs turned around to look at her.
“ What for?”.
“ Abby and I are going bikini shopping” she said with a smile. She went and kissed him before heading up stairs to get changed. He just starred at where she had been, then shook his head and started to laugh.

Kate arrived back home almost 3 hours later. She dropped her bags off in the bedroom as she headed down to the basement, he was always down there on their days off.
“ Did you have fun?” he asked as he heard her coming down the stairs.
“ Yeah we did. Did you think about the pool?” she asked as she came to stand next to him. He stopped what he was doing and turned to look at her.
“ I did”. Kate was anxious to hear the results.
“And?”.
“ I’ll approve on one condition” he started.
“ Which is?” she asked not sure what to expect. A broad smile crossed his face.
“ You have to try on the swimmers you just bought” he said. A smile started across Kate’s face. She leaned in and kissed him.
“ Deal” she grabbed his hand and lead him up stairs to the bedroom where her bags were.

It had taken a month and a half but the pool was finally done. Kate and Gibbs where outside looking at the finished product. It looked beautiful. The moonlight made the water sparkle and the fairy lights that had been placed around the outside of the pool lit the area up just nicely.
“ It looks great” Kate exclaimed. She looked up at Gibbs who didn’t seem so excited.
“ Yeah”.
“ So do you want to try it out with me?” she asked. He looked over at her. He could tell she was excited about having their own pool, but it didn’t excite him that much.
“ No, it’s all yours”. Kate shrugged. She pulled off her top
“ Ok, suit yourself” she said then took of her shorts then slowly entered the water. She went under then came back up and rested on the edge of the pool and looked up at him with a smile.
“ Your always so prepared aren’t you” he stated.
“ Of course, I’ve learned from the best. Are you sure you don’t want to join me, the water is lovely” she asked again hoping he wouldn’t reject her offer again.
“ I’m fine” he said with a smile.
“ I’ll make it worth your while” she said with a cheeky grin. He couldn’t resist her. She knew how to get him to agree to anything.
“ Alright” he said and started to head for the house.
“ Where are you going?”.
“ To get changed”. He heard Kate chuckle.
“ It’s 7 at night. No one is out beside us. Just swim in your jocks”. He turned around to look at her. She was dead serious. He looked around at the neighbouring houses, which were mostly obscured by the trees that lined his fence.
“ If you insist” he said and made his way back to the pool. He took off his shirt and dropped it near her clothes.
“ Oh I do Jethro, I do” she said as she watched him undress in front of her. Once he was done he entered the pool next to her. He went under then came up.
“ See isn’t it refreshing” she said with a smile as he ran his hands over his wet hair.
“ I suppose” was all she got as an answer. He was leaning against the side of the pool and looking up at the starry night. Kate smiled and swam in front of him and wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck. He looked down into her eyes.
“ ok, how about now?” she asked with a grin.
“ Better” he stated making her grin. Kate nodded then let her arms go from around his neck and undid the two strings to her bikini top and threw it out of the water.
“ How about now?” she asked seductively. He nodded his head.
“ Much better”.
“ I thought so” she said then leaned in and kissed him. He ran his hand over her naked back. Her hands went through his wet hair then down his chest, over his stomach and then under his jock to his grab his ass. Gibbs did the same. Moving his hand down her back and underneath the small fabric of her bikini bottoms and grabbed her ass, pressing her body against his. Kate’s hands moved his ass to his front. She about to grab his growing erection when he all of a sudden pulled out of the kiss.
“ Kate, not here like this” he breathed.
“ Why not?” she asked a little disappointed that he had stopped their fun.
“ It’s to open and public”. Kate sighed.
“ Jethro, no one can see, the fence is surrounded by trees, the sun isn’t even out so I don’t see the problem” she thought he would be ok with this. She was obviously wrong.
“ The problem is that I had no idea you were this crazy about sex” he said. She just looked at him. Her good mood was gone. She un-wrapped her legs from him and stood just in front of him, the water at her shoulders.
“ I’m sorry I find you so attractive and I can’t keep my hands off you” she said sternly then hoisted herself out of the pool and pulled her top back on, grabbed her clothes and started to head for the house. Gibbs turned around in the pool and called after her.
“ I didn’t mean it that way. Come back here”. Kate looked at the ground then obeyed as she moved back in the direction of the pool. She stopped where his clothes were still on the ground.
“ I just never expected you to be this” he started, not quite sure what words to use. Kate in before he could finish.
“ What did you expect me to be like?” she asked. He looked at the ground then back up at her.
“ I don’t know. I guess more like when we first started”.
“ Well, if you can remember back then, I was nervous and maybe a little scared” she stated. He was a bit confused at her words.
“ You were scared? Why?”.
“ You are my boss, you have three failed relationships, and I was scared of what you would think of me” she said truthfully. She had never admitted to that to him before. No one actually, not even herself. Gibbs let out a big sigh.
“ Kate, we had worked together for two years, you should have known what I thought of you” . Kate dropped her clothes and made her way over to the side of the pool and slipped back in. She turned to face Gibbs.
“ I did, but not…” she trailed off and Gibbs picked up her thought.
“ Believe me you have nothing to worry about, you are perfect” he said with a soft smile as he tucked some wet hair behind her ear. She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck and stared into his eyes.
“ Is that why you want to marry me?” she asked softly.
“ It’s more than that Katie. Why do you want to marry me?” he asked. She gave him a smile and pretended to think for a little while.
“ Well for starters you are irresistible (kiss), smart (kiss), creative (kiss), sexy (kiss), protective (kiss), charming (kiss), caring (kiss), mysterious (kiss), fantastic in bed and you have the most amazing eyes and smile” she said starring deeply into those eyes she loved so much. They were starring right back at her.
“ I couldn’t imagine my life without you” she confessed.
“ Neither could I” he said the captured her lips in a slow, deep kiss. It soon turned into one of passion and he tangle a hand in her hair to keep their lips locked. The other hand went to her waist and pulled her closer to his body.
“ I thought you didn’t want to” she whispered against his lips.
“ I changed my mind” he said then attacked her mouth again. Kate wrapped her legs around his waist once again and they picked up from where they left off before.

Later that night Kate curled up into Gibbs arms as they were lying in bed .
“ Good investment?” Kate finally asked. She felt Gibbs’ body shake as he laughed.
“ Very. Why didn’t you suggest it earlier?” he wondered. Kate shrugged her shoulders.
“ I was afraid you wouldn’t want to change anything” she said softly. He started to stroke her hair.
“ Never be afraid to ask me anything ?”. Kate nodded.
“ Ok”. They fell silent for a few minutes.
“ Kate, I love you” he said softy. Kate looked up at him and gave him a sweet smile.
“ I love you too Jethro”. He leaned down and gave her a gentle kiss before settling back down and falling to sleep.