- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Just a quick story to get into the Christmas spirit.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kate has a secret date with someone.Gibbs loves his christmas present.could both things be relaed??
Abby bounced into the squad room on Christmas Eve. She had something in her hands.
“ Merry Christmas Gibbs” she said cheerfully standing in front of his desk and holding out the Christmas wrapped package. Gibbs starred at the wrapped thing then looked up at Abby’s happy smile.
“ Abby, what did I tell you about presents” he said standing up out of his chair.
“ Oh come on Gibbs, just open it” she asked jumping up and down on the balls of her feet. He kept starring at it.
“ Please” she started to beg. Gibbs rolled his eyes then took the present from her hands and looked at it. He sighed then un-wrapped it. It was tall, had a handle and was metal on the outside but plastic on the inside.
“ What is it?” he asked examining it closely. He heard Kate give a little giggle when she looked over and saw what it was.
“ It’s a coffee thermos. So you don’t have to keep wasting money on buying your coffee” she said in her still cheerful tone. He smiled at her. He leaned over his desk and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.
“ Thanks Abs” he said softly. She then turned to the rest of the team who were sitting at their desks.
“ So what is everyone doing for the holidays?” she said moving to the centre of the room.
“ Being that we get a quiet one this year” Tony commented and was met by a stare from Abby.
“ Well my sister is coming over tonight and we’re going to have a quiet one by ourselves” McGee spoke up first with a friendly grin on his face. Abby smiled at him.
“ How sweet. Tony?” she asked turning to face him. Tony sat back in his seat and put his hands behind his head.
“ The usual movie and caramel popcorn” he said with a big grin.
“ You’re not seeing your father?” Abby asked. Tony’s attitude changed. He sat up in his chair and put his hands on his desk.
“ Why would I?” he asked harshly.
“ Because he” Abby started. McGee knew this wouldn’t end well so he interrupted them.
“ Kate, what do you have planned?” he asked looking over at her. Kate got the idea and quickly answered.
“ Uh, not much this year. We sent mum and dad on a cruise so I’ll be hanging around” she said with a soft smile. Abby heard every word and started to jump up and down.
“ Yay. So do you want to do something tonight?” she asked eagerly. Gibbs glanced over at Kate waiting to hear her answer.
“ Uh not tonight. Maybe some other night” she told Abby with a sorry look on her face. Abby’s happy attitude diminished as she heard her friend’s rejection.
“ Why not?” she asked clearly hurt. Kate shrugged her shoulders.
“ I have something already planned”. Gibbs’ mouth slightly turned up when he heard the words escape her mouth.
“ With who? It’s not that gorgeous Adam you were dating a while back? Or Harrison, now he was a looker” Abby said trying to figure out who Kate was ditching her for. Kate just starred at Abby horrified that she still remembered her old boyfriends. Gibbs tensed up at the sound of the men’s names. He knew he shouldn’t be jealous but he couldn’t help it.
“ No it’s non e of them” Kate finally says. Tony then joins in the conversation.
“ Yeah like Kate would have a date on Christmas eve” he said with a laugh. Gibbs almost felt like smacking him. Instead he did the next best thing.
“ DiNozzo, how’s that report coming?”. Tony sat back down.
“ Almost done boss” he said as he continued typing away at his computer. Kate felt so grateful when he saved her from Tony’s taunting.
“ Well call me tomorrow and tell me how it goes ok” Abby said with a big smile.
“ Sure” Kate agreed.

It was late afternoon and Kate still had to go to the mal. She had done most of the paperwork. She started to shut down her computer and pack her things up.
“ Tony can you tell Gibbs that I’ve gone home” Kate said as she came around from her desk. Tony looked up at her.
“ Why? Are you sick?” he asked, sounding a bit concerned at her sudden need to go home.
“ Yeah I’m fine. Can you just tell him” she said.
“ Sure, no problem”. Tony could ok sometimes. He was a nice guy really but he can just be so childish and immature.
“ Thank you. Merry Christmas” Kate called as she headed for the elevator.
“ Merry Christmas” he replied and went back to his computer. Then he heard McGee’s voice next to him. McGee was so quiet he almost forgot he was there.
“ What do you think she’s doing?”. Tony just shrugged his shoulders.
“ Well she blew Abby off so the guy must be important” Tony pointed out.
“ How do you know it’s a guy?” McGee asked turning to face Tony.
“ Can you think of any other reason why she would not go out with Abby?” he asked in a sarcastic tone. McGee thought for a little but before answering.
“ Maybe one of her brothers or sister?”. Tony even thought about it for a little while.
“ Nah, I don’t buy it. It’s got to be a guy. But who?” he wondered.

It was almost 5pm when Gibbs finally came back into the squad room and only saw Tony still sitting at his desk. Kate was not there either.
“ Tony, where is Kate?” he asked. Tony looked up from his computer and remembered what Kate had asked him.
“ Uh, she went home boss” he said hesitantly not sure how he would react.
“ Why?” he asked eyeing Tony.
“ I don t know she didn’t say, but I think it had something to do with her date tonight”. Tony could have sworn he saw his boss smirk but he knew better then to think about when it came to Gibbs. Gibbs grabbed his things and started for the elevator.
‘If only you knew DiNozzo. I’m the one who gets to go home to her. I’m the one she rejected Abby for. 1 year tonight I have been with the woman’ Gibbs thought to himself as he rode the elevator down to the parking lot.

Gibbs was home in no time as the roads were empty due to it being Christmas Eve. He pulled up behind Kate’s car. He unlocked the door and walked inside, locking it behind him. There were no lights in the house except for the dim light coming from the bedroom. He took his jacket off, then his shoes. He still felt very warm even though it was freezing outside.
“ Kate?” he called. He made his way down the hall.
“ Why is it so hot in here? Kate?” he called again before he got an answer coming from the bedroom.
“ Coming”. He was now standing in the bedroom door. The door to the ensuit was closed.
“ Why did you leave early?”.
“ I had to get ready” he heard her say from behind the closed door. He was still so confused.
“ Ready for what?” he asked. He saw the door finally open and Kate stepped out wearing a read see through night gown. It had thing straps, triangles over her boobs which had white fluff on the edges, the fabric split just under the bust showing all of her stomach and her matching red G-string. The night gown stopped just under her bottom with the hem also decorated with the white fluff. She had curled her hair and it was hanging around her shoulders. Gibbs couldn’t tear his eyes away from him.
‘ Close your mouth, close your mouth, blink don’t stared’ he mentally fought himself. Kate smiled at his reaction.
“ What do you think?” she asked in a seductive voice. Once again Gibbs had a mental fight with himself.
‘ Form a word. Any word’.
“ Wow” he finally spoke. Kate couldn’t contain her excitement anymore and made her way over to him.
“ Really?” she asked with a grin on her face. He looked at her and took her all in.
“ If I didn’t know any better, I would think you were trying to kill me” he said in a hoarse tone with a cheeky grin on his face.
“ No, just giving you your Christmas present. Last year you said all you want for Christmas was me. This year I didn’t know what to get you, so I went with last year’s wish”. Kate placed her hands on his chest and he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulls her closer.
“ I want you everyday” he whispered then placed a gentle kiss on her neck.
“ I’ll keep that in mind. You ready for your present now?” she asked. She wasn’t met by any words, just actions. He took her lips with his in their most passionate kiss yet. He lifted her up and moved them over to the bed and placed her down softly, before ravishing her with kisses as they hurriedly ripped his clothes off.

They fall back on the bed breathing heavily. Kate cuddles up to Gibbs and he wraps and arm around her pulling her in closer than kisses the top of her head. They in silence, just listening to each other’s breathing and enjoying the presence of each other. Kate starts to trace random shapes on his chest before finally speaking.
“ Do you think we should tell them?”.
“ Tell who what?” he asked confused. Kate smiled to herself.
“ The rest of the team about us”. She felt Gibbs’ chest rise and fall as he took in a deep breath before speaking.
“ I don’t think” he started but she cut off before he could finish.
“ I can’t keep lying to Abby. I feel terrible. Don’t you? Keeping such a big secret for so long?” she looked up at him with pleading eyes.
“ Fine. You can tell Abby when you call her tomorrow” he said with a smile. Kate returns his smile, leans up and gives him a quick kiss.
“ Thank you. Just one last thing. Did you like your Christmas present?” she asked in a seductive tone.
“ I loved it. Can I expect the same for my birthday?”. Kate saw the cheeky glint in his eyes. She loved this side of him. Kate turns over so she is on top of him.
“ If that’s what you really want?” she asks, her lips mere centimetres away from his.
“ Believe me, it is” he said in a hoarse tone. Kate smiled and closed the gap between them.

Kate woke the next morning in Gibbs’ arms. She looked up at his still sleeping form. She smiled to herself placed a gentle kiss on his cheek. Gibbs moaned under her touch. She felt his arms wrap strongly around her.
“ Merry Christmas Katie” he said, sleep still clear in his voice. Kate smiled and kissed him.
“ Merry Christmas handsome” she replied. He smiled and held back a laugh.
“ I’m going to call Abby” she said getting up and picking her phone off the bedside table.
“ Don’t you think it’s a bit early?” he said rolling to his side and tracing her bare back with his eyes.
“ It’s Christmas and it’s Abby. She is up at like 6am”. She quickly dialled Abby’s number and decided to put it on loud speaker.
“ Abby” came her cheerful tone.
“ Hey Abs, it’s me”. Kate couldn’t help a smile that crossed her face when she felt Gibbs gently kiss her shoulder.
“ Kate, Merry Christmas” she squealed.
“ Merry Christmas to you too” Kate laughed.
“ So how was last night?”. Kate could hear the smile in her voice. She has to hold back her giggle as Gibbs starts to nibble her neck.
“ In one word, amazing” . She felt Gibbs wrap an arm around her as he came to sit behind her.
“ Wow. So who is the lucky guy? Do I know him?” Abby asked without taking a breath. Kate felt Gibbs smile against her skin.
“ Yeah you do” she replied in a calm voice trying to contain herself from blurting it out.
“ Really? Is he from work or outside?”.
“ Work” Kate replied.
“ Ok. Frank from accounts?” Abby asked. Gibbs chuckled along with Kate.
“ No”.
“ The new mail boy, he is so cute”. Kate laughed and ran her free hand up through Gibbs’ hair.
“ Nope”. Abby was silent before she spoke again.
“ It’s not Tony is it?” she asked in almost a whisper.
“ Abby” Kate got her mind back on track.
“ Right. Palmer?” she started guessing again.
“ No”. Kate couldn’t help but quickly turn and give Gibbs a quick kiss.
“ Kate, can you give me more of a clue” Abby whined. Kate was about to speak when Gibbs jumped in.
“ Hey Abs”. The phone went quiet.
“ Gibbs?” she said confused. Then it hit her.
“ Oh my god you and Kate. Why didn’t you tell me?” she asked excitedly.
“ I just did” he said with a smirk.
“ That’s not what I meant. How long have you two been keeping this from me?”. They both smiled and Gibbs spoke.
“ One year”. They heard Abby gasp.
“ A whole year. God you guys are good at keeping secrets”. Kate laughed.
“ Abby did you want to come over for lunch, if you’re not doing anything that is” Kate asked. Now that their secret was out they could actually spend time together. Gibbs kissed her once more then disappeared into the bathroom. Kate took the phone of speaker as it was only herself having a conversation with Abby.
“ Of course I do. I have a whole year to catch up on. I can’t believe you didn’t tell me”.
“ I wanted to but we both thought it best if we kept it a secret. We can explain everything when you come over” she said with a little laugh.
“ Ok. Wait who’s house do I go to?” she asked confused.
“ Ours, I mean Jethro’s” she corrected. She heard Abby giggle.
“ Do you know how weird it is to hear you say that”.
“ Well you better get used to it. Now is 12 o’clock ok with you?” she asked. It was only 8 now and she hadn’t really planned on doing any cooking today. She would have to make something up with what they had left in the kitchen, shouldn’t be too hard.
“ Yep that’s fine with me. I’ll see you guys then” Abby answered cheerfully.
“ Bye Abs” Kate closed the phone and put it back onto the bedside table. Kate got up from the bed and entered the bathroom, Gibbs still in the shower. She quietly stepped in behind him and wrapped her arms around his middle.
“ So, you feel better?” he asked over the noise of the running water.
“ Much” she replied then placed a kiss on his back.
“ Now that’s done, I want my Christmas present” she said a smile on her face. Gibbs turned around in her arms and saw her smile. He pulled her closer to him so she was also under the water.
“ Which is?”.
“ You” she stated then leaned up and kissed him.
Chapter End Notes:
Just a quick story to get into the Christmas spirit.