- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I own nothing. I gain nothing save the thoughtful reviews I know you'll all give...
Author's Chapter Notes:
Work was his life and as long as Tony was on his six, life was good. He'd vowed to have Tony's six too, but now Tony had secrets and there were friends Gibbs had never met or even heard of. It didn't take a genius to see that things were changing and Gibbs didn't like change.
Tony grimaced as he dropped the device from the velvet pouch onto the disheveled bed. He’d held off as long as he could this time, but he knew that today he would have no choice; he’d have to wear the plastic chastity cage. “Ha!” He spat out as he read the label emblazoned BIOSAFE plastic. It hardly felt like what he’d describe as safe. The hard confines of the plastic kept him from embarrassing himself when the urges got too powerful, but the solid plastic cut into the head of his cock until he wanted to die. By that time, he hoped he’d be well on his way to isolating himself so he could get the torture apparatus off and wallow in a little less discomfort, but this time he knew he’d be cutting it close. The leather cage would have been preferable if it provided the same spillage protection but, considering the steady occurrence of wet dreams all week, Tony knew he’d burn hot and wet this time around.

It was because his biological clock was ticking, no doubt, but knowing the reason didn’t make it any easier to deal with. So Tony strapped on the clear hardness, knowing it would at least catch stray spurts of cum until he could properly swab himself down in the bathroom. Mentally he ran down his checklist to minimize the risk of going to work today. He used a neutralizing cologne to mask his pheremones, he’d be careful not to make physical contact with anyone, and he prayed he didn’t give Gibbs a reason to head slap him. He blushed just thinking about Gibbs’ rough caresses. If he played those games with Gibbs today, he’d be on his knees, begging to be fucked in no time. He couldn’t risk it. Tony ran through the checklist as he sped along the beltway in a hurry to get this day over with: he saved his outgoing text, stocked up his refrigerator with Gatorade, bottled water, and all the fixings for sub sanwhiches, and he cleaned up and made sure there were fresh linens for his guests. The boys would make themselves right at home- even if Tony was out of it for most of their visit.

Tony had never been as close to his coworkers as he was at NCIS, but he still couldn’t admit that he was a freak of nature. He knew that it was common knowledge among doctors- specialists in their fields- that male pregnancy wasn’t a myth, but nobody else seemed to know about it. And nobody need ever know as long as he continued to manage himself properly. After all, his burn out only happened every three or four years and even though he knows his last few would be more frequent as his body naturally tries to get pregnant before he becomes infertile, he still planned to keep his embarrassing secret. This was his third burn since he’d come to NCIS and he felt lucky to still be there. Burn out mishaps usually led to job changes, but not at NCIS. He recited rule number 12 like a mantra and vowed he’d never get involved with a coworker again. He was tired of accidentally breaking that rule and all the havoc it caused.

He arrived to an empty bullpen and relief flooded his limbs so that he relaxed and settled in for the morning. He had three cold cases to review and he suspected his biological clock would force him to leave work early so he was in a rush to get started.

“Mmmm,” he moans quietly, smelling something warm, sweet, and decadent.

“Morning, Tony,” Tim chirped, sauntering around to his desk sans caramel macchiato.

“What’s that smell, probie? Someone bring donuts? Go score me one,” he almost begs.

“No donuts, but I just ate coffee cake. Got it from Abby and it was gooood!” Tim gloats as he filters through his email for something worth reading. “All buttery and crumbly and sugary sweet… you -ought to try some, Tony. I think she even has milk down there,” Tim added the proverbial straw and smirked as Tony’s moan could be heard from across the bullpen. Just then, to seal the deal, Ziva walks in with her own slice of breakfast delight and sets it on her desk after traipsing in front of Tony’s corner. She immediately begins surfing, forgetting about the treat in her morning routine.

“You gonna eat that?” Tony asks from across the pen.

“Don’t even think about it, DiNozzo. Run down to Abby’s lab and get your own.”

“Tony, your sweet tooth is legendary; I’m sure she has a piece just waiting for you,” Tim assured him absently, as if it made him no difference to him either way. He didn’t even spare a glance at the jonesing senior agent as he listened to the scurry of designer shoes making their way towards the ding of the elevators.

“Wrong way, DiNozzo,” Gibbs growled through a swig of his second cup coffee as he marched off the elevator at 0700 hours exactly.

“R-right, boss,” Tony stammers, following behind Gibbs like a lost pup. He does his best to forget about the sweet tooth but it’s hardly as difficult as he thinks. Casually sitting down in his seat so as not so betray his increasingly uncomfortable excitement, Tony inhales the somehow titillating aroma of sawdust and something a bit sweet and clean. Not at all what he’d expect from his gruff, no-nonsense team leader, but intoxicating all the same. He wonders for the umpteenth time where the smell comes from, lamenting the fact that he’s yet to find a chance to peruse Gibbs’ master suite. All he knows is that his boss doesn’t use cologne and that slightly sweet perfume beneath the manly sawdust has wafted through his dreams all week. Not that he remembers much about his dreams. Just smells, and intense sensory experiences like the way one strong hand holds down both his wrists above his head or the tight, slick fullness of Gibbs completely sheathed in his ass.

He sits across from Gibbs and runs background checks for a couple of hours, doing his best to ignore the itch he can’t possibly scratch. He knows his hormones are getting out of control when McGee becomes too much of a temptation. Admittedly, Tony had always had a soft spot for his favorite probie and was even a bit in awe of his technological genius. It was part of the reason he ragged on the younger agent so much. Tony mostly overlooked how adorable the young agent was but the past few years had been rough on Tony’s self imposed cover-up. They’d become more like brothers, teasing and joking and fighting, united in their respect for Gibbs- and occasional fear of Ziva. Yet, quiet as Tony kept it, his fertile season wasn’t the only time he’d been overcome with physical attraction for McGee. He was glad that he wasn’t plagued monthly like women, but two or three times a year every few years was enough to be overcome with the inexplicable urge to fuck the most fertile, alpha male around.

*But Timmy McGeek? McGoogle? McGoeasyonthelettucepilonethemeatandcheese? Well,* Tony admitted, *that’s really more my vice than his and he has been looking awfully sexy lately.* Tony had noticed the spike in his teammates’ confidence and he thought it was hot. In fact, it seemed so natural that Tony was beginning to believe that little Timmy had planned this infiltration into the team. After all, he was an over achieving genius, well liked by all and exceptionally adept at moving up the professional food chain. Tony wouldn’t have been surprised if every act of nerdiness were calculated in pursuit of his all consuming goal… Tony smiled to himself, wondering which way his daydream would steer him next. Suddenly his eyes are fluttering closed even as he blinks them back under control. Now that, Tony is certain, is some warm, spicy, obscenely expensive smell good McGee splurges on. He tries to take his mind off the fact that McGee is standing beside him, leaning over his desk, allegedly in search of…*I know this,* Tony thinks desperately.

“Where is it, Tony?” McGee hisses under his breath, hoping Gibbs doesn’t hear. He looks at DiNozzo who obviously isn’t playing some game. It looks as though Tony is having a dirty daydream but McGee tells himself that isn’t it. Then he notices Tony looking embarrassed and Tim could swear he's blushing. The junior agent found the file and continued on with his background crosscheck without another word, hoping he could get Gibbs and Tony out of the bullpen long enough to figure out what the hell was wrong with their senior field agent. He shot Ziva a worried glance as he opened the file and began to work his own special mojo on the case. A stealthy look at Tony proved the agent was back to keeping up appearances, but his teammates knew something was definitely going on.

A momentary, purely physiological reaction to his pheromones, Tony hopes, knowing things will go from bad to worse if he starts responding to McGee the way he responds to Gibbs. McGee has always been attractive, but Tony has never reacted quite the way he just did. He puts the whole thing out of his mind, focusing on work and anxiously awaiting lunch when he can escape the onslaught to his senses by both Gibbs and McGee.

~

It was after 1200 and nobody had mentioned lunch. The whole team studiously worked on completing their current cold case review to avoid stopping in the middle. For Gibbs, such dedication was to be expected. For Ziva and McGee, this was merely a test: how long would it take for Tony to cave? Tim looks up at a rumble he swears is Tony’s complaining gut, but the senior field agent doesn’t budge. At 1245 Ziva gives in, looking at Tim as she slaps a case file closed and exclaims, “I’m starved! What’s for lunch, DiNozzo?”

“I don’t know but bring me something back. I think I’ll work through lunch today and get out of here a little early, if that’s okay, boss?” Tony asked with a confident voice, but he knew Gibbs could hear his apprehension. Gibbs was conspicuously silent as everyone waited for his response. The marine looked at the two younger agents expectantly before barking, “Go! And bring back something good!” Ziva and Tim were up and heading towards the elevator in seconds, both sparing a glance at the rest of their team as the two men sat across from each other just staring.
Ziva cursed in Hebrew as the doors slid closed. “What? What’s wrong?” McGee demands as the elevator starts to move.

“We’re missing it,” she explained, knowing she didn’t need to say more. Then she had a thought. “Let’s see if Abby wants lunch.” Tim just smiled, liking the plan his partner was concocting.

~

“What’s going on, DiNozzo?”

“Nothing, boss. Just feel like I’m coming down with something- I can’t wait to get home and medicate myself. I’ll probably sleep the whole weekend away.”

“Hmmm,” Gibbs responded, clearly not believing a thing DiNozzo said, but not calling him on it either. “Go see if Abby has anything.”

Tony was more than happy to escape from Gibbs’ intense glare. The man knew when Tony was lying and it was obvious that he didn’t like it. Tony knew that just because Gibbs hadn’t interrogated him yet didn’t mean it wouldn’t happen soon. He vowed to stay out of the bullpen until the rest of the team returned, knowing it was unlikely that Gibbs would uncover his weird little secret in front of the whole team. He looked forward to the goth lab rat rambling on about some new club or outrageous technology; it would be a much needed distraction.

Gibbs waited until the elevator doors closed to dial the lab. “Gibbs!” came the chipper voice through the landline.

“DiNozzo’s headed down. Find out what he’s doing this weekend.”

“Got it, Gibbs!” Then Abby looked at the phone and smiled at the answering ‘click’ as she turned her attention back to Tim and Ziva. “Shoo, you two! Tony’s coming!” Abby pushed them both towards the door, but neither agent would budge.

“You promise to talk to Tony?” Ziva demands.

“I will!”

“And to find out why he’s acting so strange?” Tim adds.

“Acting? You don’t know your senior field agent very well, do you, Tim? Now get out of here before he walks through the door. Hurry- take the stairs!”

Abby watched from her door as Ziva and Tim disappeared. She sighs as she notices that the elevator is going back up. “What’s cookin’, good lookin’,” she asks and turns back into her lab. She hears the light scuff of designer shoes behind her before clicking a button that locks them into the lab.

After lunch

“Do you trust me, Gibbs?”

“Of course, Abs”

“Well, good. Because I can’t tell you why Tony needs to get home ASAP. I can’t mention the non-life threatening but serious situation he’s managing this weekend without betraying his confidence. I can only say that his leave would be legitimate if he went through official channels- which he’d never do- and he probably needs next week off too. So don’t be mean and don’t pry, Gibbs.”

“Does this have anything to do with his lungs?”

“Not directly. And quit fishing, Gibbs! I’d say you’ll never figure it out, but I know you. So stop asking questions and just trust me. Trust Tony.”

Of course he trusted Tony. Tony was his senior field agent and had been for over a decade now. It was the longest relationship he’d ever had, eclipsed only by the love of his life, Shannon. Well, his first love, anyway. Gibbs may not express his emotions to others, but he always tried to be truthful with himself. So he realized he needed Tony more than any other person in his life. Work was his life and as long as Tony was on his six, life was good. Gibbs hated to think about Tony’s bout with the plague or any of the times his senior field agent was almost blown away or killed. He’d always vow to not let anything happen to Tony if he could prevent it. Now, knowing something was wrong with Tony and not doing anything about it just felt wrong. He arrived in the bullpen and didn’t bother waiting too long beneath the staircase to listen to David and McGee harass Tony.

“Last I checked, cold cases don’t review themselves,” Gibbs said, sliding into his seat and opening another file. The team wordlessly refocused except for Tony, who made light of the ruthless interrogation his team was giving him.

“That’s what I keep telling Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum here, but I suppose the master has to crack the whip…”

“Well, I’m cracking it again, DiNozzo. You’re out of here until Tuesday. Now. Get going DiNozzo. Start your weekend before I change my mind.”

“What about the-“

“Don’t worry about it, DiNozzo; I’ll handle Leon.” Gibbs looks Tony in the eyes and Tony can’t help but feel like his boss knows too much. He sighs and gathers his things, planning on stopping by to kill Abby before he makes his way to the garage. At least Gibbs can keep a secret, Abby, on the other hand, Tony was less certain about.
Chapter End Notes:
I own nothing. I gain nothing save the thoughtful reviews I know you'll all give...