- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Somewhere, behind him, Tony knew Spenser was pushing Derek to the door and Derek resisted in his frustration. He’d been waiting to see Tony curse Gibbs or at least acknowledge the fact that Gibbs had wronged him
~

Leroy Jethro Gibbs was being a bastard. The case was practically solved, but they still hadn’t found the money and that wasn’t good enough for Gibbs. He griped all day and spat coffee at Ziva and McGee who desperately searched for the missing millions. They had enough evidence to prosecute and had everyone in custody by the end of the weekend, but still hadn’t located the funds.

“Boss, I’m just running programs I can run at the office. When are we going back home?”

“When we find the money, McGee!” Gibbs threw his coffee in the garbage and stormed out to get more. McGee and Ziva both grimaced and continued to follow leads. Gibbs enjoyed the fresh air away from his probies, admitting to himself that he wasn’t mad at them; he was angry with himself. In a way, staying until the money was found was Gibbs’s way of punishing himself for treating Tony so badly. He was also putting off the apology he knew Tony deserved and, at this point, he didn’t want to apologize over the phone. Still, Gibbs was so desperate that he considered doing just that until he remembered that he didn’t know where Tony was. He checked the number when his phone suddenly rang. “Duck? You find him?”

“He found me. Jethro, you should come home now.”

“What is it, Duck?”

“It is a matter for you to discuss with Anthony. In fact, I promised him I would not inform you, but I will say he is fine, Jethro. Still, you would want to be here as soon as possible.”

“Quit beating around the bush! What’s wrong with Tony?” Jethro demanded. He was shocked to hear a dial tone ringing in his ear.

~

Ducky ended his short conversation and returned down the hall to check on Tony’s vitals while the agent rested. He ignored the two men patiently waiting for more information until Morgan could no longer stand it. When he followed Ducky into the guest room where Tony dozed, Dr. Mallard looked up at him in annoyance. “Was there something you needed, Agent Morgan?”

Morgan took a calming breath and reminded himself that this was Tony’s colleague and friend who was just as worried as Morgan was himself. “Dr. Mallard, I need to know when Gibbs is returning. I won’t let Tony out of my sight until then,” Derek vowed and Spenser stood behind him wondering if that was a threat or a promise. Dr. Mallard wrote a few notes then turned to his two guests to give them his undivided attention.

“And just how did our young Anthony come to be shot by a large caliber round, Agent Morgan? Was he not with you these past two days? We certainly could find no trace of him despite our exceptional technology; Tony had disappeared. Did he come to you for protection? Is this the way you look after your friends? I’d rather think he’ll be safe right here until Gibbs returns,” Ducky said, turning back to attend to Tony and dismissing the two men behind him. Derek would’ve argued but the fact was that he’d let Tony down. Tony was injured because Derek wasn’t watching him closely enough. And it was Derek who led Tony to believe that the people following him were harmless. He felt a bit defeated, but he wasn’t giving up, despite his eventual retreat from the bedroom. He’d leave Dr. Mallard to continue his work while he found his game face.

“I’ll be walking the perimeter,” was all the agent said as he left the doctor to his patient. Spenser looked after Derek, trying to catch his eyes but his lover avoided him which Spenser knew meant Derek needed time alone. Derek would worry about his boyfriend later. For now, he knew Spenser would set this Dr. Mallard straight.

“You’re wrong if you think Derek can’t protect Tony. Derek couldn’t have known Tony was in danger and Tony stole Derek’s truck-“

“Dr. Reid, I’m sure you’re trying to help, but the fact is that Anthony is in a very delicate state right now and certainly cannot afford to be involved in gunfights and high speed chases.”

“I agree. No more than he can afford to be emotionally neglected and stressed, which is the reason he came to Derek in the first place. It was the legendary Agent Gibbs that hurt Tony- not Agent Morgan. You’d be wise to remember that the next time you speak to him.” Spenser left the room and went to find Derek, leaving Ducky to ponder over what he’d said.

~

“What would Tony do?” Ziva wondered aloud after reviewing their case notes.

“What would Tony say,” McGee added, leaning back in his chair and putting his feet on the desk in an imitation of the senior field agent.

“Exactly!”

“Exactly what, Ziva?”

“Tony would blame the wife or, in this case, the girlfriend.” Ziva paused for a moment while Tim caught up to her line of reasoning.

“Well, our first victim worked for the DOD and his girlfriend claims to have never met any of the victims in Dayton.”

“But,” Ziva continued, “we can connect our first victim to the Airforce base here in Ohio only days before he was found slain in D.C. Perhaps he conspired to launder the money from the DOD with his girlfriend-“

“And had to cover his tracks by killing the officer at Wright when he was here last weekend.” McGee guessed.

“That would mean the girlfriend did it after convincing the lieutenant to hide the money in an account in her name.” Ziva smiled, thinking that was probably the plan all along. “Maybe the Ohio murder wasn’t planned, but she always meant that money for herself.”

“That means I should check any funds connected to the girlfriend. We know that the first victim we found killed our second victim, but the accidental death in D.C. is a bit hinky,” McGee added, already clicking away at his computer.

“Yes. I think Gibbs would be glad to have just cause in determining that to be a murder as well,” Ziva added, opening their files to review the case once more with a new murderer in mind. They were engrossed in this checking and rechecking of the facts when Gibbs swept back into the room, looking angrier and more intense than ever. Still, McGee didn’t even look up from his screen until he found what he’d been searching for.

“I got it! Boss, I found the money!”

“And our D.C. killer?” Ziva asked hopefully.

‘”What you got, McGee?” Gibbs barked.

“Just an offshore account in Eva Ragasa’s maiden name and records showing Eva Ramos completed nursing school-“

“Which means she was more than capable of poisoning her boyfriend and making it look like an insulin spike,” Ziva added triumphantly. “Which means we can go home, yes Gibbs?”

“No. It means I’m going home; you both get to stay and wrap up the investigation. When you finish, I’ll see you back in D.C.” Gibbs told them. His tone was less angry but he was just as intense as he swept out of the room as quickly as he’d come. Within an hour, Gibbs was on the next hop to D.C., trying to ignore the twisting in his gut that told him something bad had happened to DiNozzo. He comforted himself by replaying Ducky’s terse words assuring him that Tony was alright, even if his friend was certain to give him a tongue lashing when he finally got home. There were few people that could effectively reprimand Leroy Jethro Gibbs and one of them was Dr. Donald Mallard. He simply knew the marine too well and Gibbs respected him too much to ignore his opinions. Besides, this time, Gibbs knew he was wrong and he hoped that whatever happened to Tony wasn’t his fault; it would make an apology even more difficult, but Gibbs had already decided that he’d do whatever was necessary to make it up to Tony. He closed his eyes and forced his mind and body to relax. He’d be there soon and then he’d have all the time he needed to make it up to Tony.

~

When Ducky left Tony to rest, he found Spenser Reid and Derek Morgan in his kitchen drinking the tea he’d been preparing when they arrived. “I hope you don’t mind that we helped ourselves,” Reid said, sipping the best tea he’d had since he was a boy. “This is better than my mother’s tea.” He smiled.

“Ah, your mother must be a connoisseur, Dr. Reid,” Ducky said, joining them for tea. He eyed Morgan who sat menacingly in front of the steaming brew, obviously not interested in trying the tea. “Why so dour, Agent Morgan? After all, I’m not the one with whom you need be concerned.”

“And who’s that?” Morgan demanded.

“One Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs, of course. In fact, he should be here soon enough-“

“You… Dr. Mallard, you promised,” Tony hissed from where he leaned against the wall just outside the kitchen. The sudden preference for his friend’s official title made his feelings of betrayal obvious. Even in his anger, Tony couldn’t bring himself to call Ducky anything vulgar and that enraged him even more. He unsteadily made his way back to the guest room, muttering angrily about untrustworthy people and betrayal. Immediately Dr. Mallard and Derek followed with Spenser lagging behind and a more sedate pace.

“I assure you, Anthony, I did not tell Gibbs what has happened. I did, however, call him to let him know you were safe since he has been worried about you for several days now.”

“Worried? About me? He sure has a lousy way of showing it, Ducky! I didn’t know ignoring calls and being unavailable were signs that you care?”

“Tony, we both know Jethro is not the most emotionally available man. I’m the first to agree with you- he should have spoken to you more when he first arrived at Wright, but do you actually believe he doesn’t care deeply for you? Do you think he isn’t concerned and filled with anxiety over not being able to locate you these past few days?” Tony was busying himself, straightening his clothes. He eyed his bloody sweatshirt which Ducky had cut to shreds and grimaced, balling it up and throwing it in the empty, pristine trash can in the adjoining bathroom. He ignored the doctor and stared in the mirror, frowning at the slight bruise on the right side of his face and absently rubbing his belly as he purposefully ignored the. He knew the bruise would look worse tomorrow and a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach made him hope he’d see Gibbs today, before his face started changing colors. Finally he turned his attention to the bandaged left arm. It hurt but it was a clean shot and the non-narcotic pain killer Tony gladly took from Ducky was taking the edge off well enough. Tony sighed then straightened his back in determination. He wanted to be at Gibbs’s house, in Gibbs’s bed with Gibbs wrapped around him. Tony wanted that solid mound of sawdust scented flesh pillowing his unfamiliar body. It was the only way he could get comfortable these last few weeks and Tony thought that just being in bed, waiting for Gibbs would be better than being anywhere else.

Leaving was easier than Tony expected. Part of it, he knew, was the steely resolve in his glare and the angry, business-like way he hissed, “Thank you for your service, Doctor,” before picking up the phone and dialing a cab. The finger disconnecting his call was no surprise, nor were the car keys dangling from Derek’s hands.

“Where to, Tony-boy?” Derek gave in with a sigh.

“Home,” he said, suddenly realizing just how much he wanted to be there.

“Well, you’ll pardon me if I follow you, dear Anthony; I’m not letting you out of my sight until Gibbs arrives.” Ducky grabbed his own keys, ignoring Agent Morgan’s growl and Dr. Reid’s smirk. Tony wasted no time in getting to Morgan’s truck and pulling open the passenger back door. As he readied himself to haul his 230 lbs into the truck, Derek stopped him.

“Heyheyhey, Tony, take the front seat. It reclines more. C’mon, I’m sure you’ll be more comfortable,” Derek insisted as he pulled Tony away from the truck and closed the back door.”

“What about Spenser? Won’t he be all… jealous and snippy?”

“Nah. Besides, I think he’s riding with Dr. Mallard,” Derek guessed, looking over his shoulder at the two doctors.” Tony, who was dealing with his own anxiety, easily noticed his friend’s.

“Don’t worry; I’m sure they’ll hit it off. They’re both repositories of vast amounts of useless, esoteric information,” Tony assured him and Derek shrugged a smile before closing the door and getting in himself. Derek noticed Spenser’s head snap around when he started the car but he quickly pulled up next to the two men, still deep in conversation. “You two following us?” Morgan asked but it was more of a statement.

“Oh, yeah! Look, Morgan- it’s a Morgan!” And when no light of recognition appeared on his lover’s face, Spenser added, “The iconic image of British motoring? The quintessential classic British sports car? Dr. Mallard’s is a classic 1935 design - scoop "wing" fenders, bullet headlights, a leather-strapped bonnet and a wooden frame, Derek! I’m going to ride in a car with a wooden frame!” Reid’s excitement didn’t leave room for him to notice how unimpressed Derek was with his boyfriend’s sudden crush. Derek was glad he wore his aviators since he was sure his eyes would’ve given away just how annoyed he was. Still, he suspected it wasn’t lost on Dr. Mallard, who held up a single key and filled his voice with a magnanimous lilt.

“Actually, would you like to drive? I’m afraid my hip has been giving me problems as of late and it would be greatly appreciated if you wouldn’t mind- just until the medicine kicks in,” Ducky said, making it sound like Reid would be doing him a great favor. Derek just rolled his eyes behind the dark shades, but something in his face must have given him away because Spenser look momentarily confused.

“See you there,” he muttered, rolling away without a care for whether they would catch up to him. “So, home? I’m guessing that means Gibbs’s house,” Derek said, hoping the doctors went across town to Tony’s apartment before realizing where they were.

“Yeah, I guess.”

“Don’t act like you haven’t been living there since this pregnancy started.”

“I’m not. It just…”

“Just what?” Derek’s voice was gentle but demanding and unwilling to let Tony get away with keeping everything bottled up.

“I got shot, Derek! Gibbs is gonna head slap me into next year!”

“The way I see it, you’re even now, right? Anyway, he won’t be mad that you got shot, DiNozzo; he’ll be mad that he wasn’t here to protect you. And isn’t that kind of what you were pissed about anyway? This is really just more fuel for your fire,” Derek laughed, hoping to make Tony feel better.

“Yeah. But I had his house decorated…”

“Leroy Jethro Gibbs doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who cares about the color of the walls, Tony.”

“No. He’s the kind of guy who likes everything to be just the way he left it,” Tony muttered and went silent for a few minutes, not wanting to think about the rage he would soon be facing. Despite the fact that Gibbs told Tony to do whatever he wanted, Tony still knew better than to think there would be no repercussions. Gibbs was a man who’d worn the same haircut for thirty years, drove the car he hauled home as a teenager, and hadn’t moved his furniture since his family was killed. Tony knew the change could be devastating. When they arrived at Gibbs’s house, Tony heaved a sigh of relief and began to feel calmer as if his body recognized this as home. The outside of the house looked as immaculate as usual with the beautiful landsape roses flanking the front steps. Tony waddled to the front door, pulling the envelope off the knocker where it was taped.


Gibbs and DiNozzo,
Welcome to your newly remodeled home! As requested, we have not touched the basement, but we did take the liberty of finishing the nursery. Consider this Eliot’s last gift to you.

P.S.
Hardison offers his services when you’re ready to childproof the house. And we hope Tony feels better soon.


That was all they’d written, but Tony noticed a flash drive hidden under all the warranty information. He smiled and handed the heavy envelope to Derek then Tony took a deep breath and “What the hell?” Tony gripped at the locked door. Derek shook the bag and pulled out a key ring. After a few seconds, they were in the short foyer, staring in shocked amazement.

~

“You found him, Ducky? Well, where was he? Is he alright? Who’s looking after him? Does Gibbs know you found him? Bossman must be on his way back, right?” Abby demanded all at once over Dr. Mallard’s cell phone.

“Yes, my dear, I called Jethro several hours ago. I daresay he should arrive shortly if I know our Leroy Jethro Gibbs,” Ducky announced with obvious fondness.

“Several hours ago? Why am I just hearing about this now? Where’s Tony?”

“He said he was going ‘home’. I take that to mean-“

“Gibbs’s house,” Abby cut him impatiently. “Okay, well, I know he’ll be hungry so I’ll order food and meet him there,” she planned, ignoring Ducky’s suggestion that she wait until tomorrow to visit her friend. He hung up, looking sideways at Dr. Reid who, Ducky was certain just caught the entire conversation.

“Oh dear. I’ll have to work even harder at keeping Anthony calm once Ms. Scuito arrives. We should hurry; she’ll be there any minute.”

~

Inside, it looked like a totally different house. The once dingy, yellowed walls were a gleaming bright near white hue and the rooms were filled with neutral colored furniture that somehow looked both modern and traditional. There were shades of blue all over the rooms in throw pillows and empty picture frames and there were even a few plants.

“Oh my God! I want to see upstairs, but I think I need to sit down,” Tony whispered, making his way to the invitingly oversized couch and then passing it over for one of two recliners which he sank into with a contented sigh. “I’m just gonna stay right here,” he said, closing his eyes and breathing deeply as he laid back and lifted his legs. “Ooohhhhh, yesssss!” Tony hissed, sounding more than a little aroused.

“That good, huh?” Derek laughed, taking himself on the tour. It was only a few minutes later when he returned to check on his friend. “How you doing, Tony?”

“’M ‘kay,” Tony murmured, half asleep in the overstuffed chair.

“Well, maybe you should change that bloody shirt and lie down in bed if you want to take a nap,” Derek suggested, coming to Tony’s side and trying to pull him from the chair.

“Nnnoooo! Ow!” Tony pulled away, jarring his injured arm. “This is better than a bed; my back doesn’t hurt this way and I’m much closer to the kitchen.”

“Okay, buddy. You hungry?” Derek, realizing it was best to choose his battles wisely, went into the kitchen and rifled around for a quick meal. “We got some kind of stew, yogurt, turkey sandwich fixings, and …chicken salad from Louie’s Deli, I think-“

“Yuck! I want-“ but just then the door flew open and a black and pink blur tumbled in, rambling and gesticulating wildly despite the pizza box balanced in her hand.

“Lunch! Tony! Where have you been, mister? I’ve been worried sick! Bossman has been growling at me for days,” then she halted in her steps and turned around, looking a little unsteady in her platform, knee high boots. “Oh. My. God. You’ve been decorating! It’s beautiful, Tony! How’d you talk Gibbs into it?” She rambled on without any sign of stopping until Tony spoke up.

“Just in time- I’m starving,” as he reached out for the warm box and winced.

“Right! Pizza and - hey! What happened to you, Tony? You’re in no condition to be working! Gibbs is gonna kill you!”

“I’d like to see him try it,” Derek said in a dangerously calm voice that made Abby want to change the subject. Wide green eyes turned slowly towards the voice coming from the kitchen. “Umm, hi? I’m Abigail,” she said to the entirely too hot man standing with his arms crossed and a vaguely amused expression. When he didn’t answer, she turned back to Tony, opting for doting on her best friend and plying him with sausage and pepperoni pizza. “Are you supposed to be eating this, Tony?” She asked after watching him scarf down his second piece, make a funny face and massage his left side awkwardly with his right hand.

“S’okay. Just don’t tell Ducky.”

“Don’t tell Ducky what, exactly?” The doctor’s light Scottish brogue filled the foyer announcing himself and Dr. Reid. Both men stood politely in the entryway, Ducky pausing to look around in appreciation. “Oh my, Jethro said nothing to me about redecorating,” Ducky shared a quick, knowing smile with Tony that suddenly turned into a slight frown. “Really, Tony, we just spoke about this; you’re going to have indigestion. Please tell me there are no peppers on that pie.”

“No peppers, Ducky. I’m sorry. I just wanted to make sure I got something I knew he’d eat since he’s been kind of picky lately.” Abby apologized. Tony groaned, pushing the pizza away and vowing to finish it later as he closed his eyes and ignored all the fussing around him. He drifted into sleep, concentrating on keeping the food down.

~

Gibbs touched down and had a car waiting for him, courtesy of NCIS. He was off the plane and on the beltway within fifteen minutes. He knew it was only a short drive to Ducky’s and he flipped his phone on, not trusting the time set in the car. It was fortunate, since he saw the message from his friend and a text from Abby which he thought better of trying to decipher while doing over ninety on the expressway. He did, however, hit the speed dial, knowing Ducky would be waiting for his call.

“Gibbs!”

“Abby? Where’s Ducky?”

“Here!”

“Where’s here?”

“At your house, bossman. With Tony. That’s what we called to tell you. Are you close?” Abby demanded in a voice that was pure excitement.

“I’ll be there in a minute.” He flipped the phone closed and threw it to the floor then cursed. He was almost to Ducky’s Georgetown home and the traffic was a mess. He’d have to turn around to get back on the beltway. On the other hand, he told himself, if Tony was already home, all he’d have to do was kick Duck and Abby out so he could take care of Tony. Gibbs worried about Tony all alone for days, probably aching and needy, and wanting someone to listen to his whining, which Gibbs didn’t mind at all because Tony was, after all, a pregnant man. And something had happened. Gibbs didn’t know what, but he knew it was his fault; had he been there, Tony would’ve been safe.

It was with these thoughts plaguing him that Gibbs screeched to a halt in his driveway behind Abby’s hotrod hearse which was parked next to a black range Rover he immediately recognized as belonging to FBI Agent Derek Morgan. Gibbs gritted his teeth at the thought that Tony was with Morgan all this time. He pushed all thoughts of the handsome man ‘helping’ his friend out of his mind even though logic told him Derek would’ve gladly met any need Tony had while Gibbs was away. Gibbs’s quick gate brought him to the front door so quickly, he almost missed his friend sitting there waiting for him.

“Duck?” Gibbs sighed, acknowledging his pensive friend.

“Jethro, everyone will be glad to see you.”

“Somehow, I doubt everyone, but I’m here.”

“Don’t tell me you’re worried about Tony. He’s been pining for the better part of a week. He may have been angry, but I doubt it’s something you can’t handle, Jethro.”

“Then why stop me, Duck? Aren’t you gonna tell me what I need to do?” The disdain in Gibbs’s tone was palpable. It was no secret that he hated taking orders, especially about personal matters. But Ducky should see through the façade and he knew his friend well enough to know that Gibbs would listen to any advice he had to give.

‘He’s hurting and he feels abandoned. I can’t imagine what he must be going through. He is scared, Jethro and you’ve left him. Why should he believe you’ll be there for him? That is what you promised, is it not?” And Gibbs knew his friend was right. He told Tony that he would be there, that he was dependable; that he would take care of Tony and be his family. Already, he failed. Gibbs knew the guilt he felt was carried on his face because Ducky smiled sadly. “Oh dear,” he said, “one look at that face and all will be forgiven, I think. Really Jethro! You look like you’re about to apologize!” his friend jokingly admonished, standing up slowly. “Abigail, dear!” he called and immediately heard the thud of boots coming toward the door.

“Whatsup, Du- Gibbs! I knew you’d get here soon.” Abby hugged Gibbs fiercely in the doorway then punched him hard in his arm and scowled, daring him to complain.

“Abs!” he grunted.

“That’s for not calling Tony. How could you not talk to him everyday? He’s going through a traumatic time and he needs you! He wouldn’t even talk to me, Gibbs, and Tony always talks to me!” She hit him again as if the unfairness of it all just dawned on her. “Tony shouldn’t have to get hurt for you to pay attention to him, Gibbs.” Abby scolded, still wrapped in Gibbs arms as he walked her into the house.

“Tony’s hurt?” Gibbs gently pushed Abby aside and made his way into the house, silently looking around until his wandering eyes found Tony, struggling to rise from the huge recliner. Spenser and Derek both stood to the side and when Derek made a move to pull Tony up, it was Spenser who pulled him back just as Gibbs’s eyes darted their way in a not so subtle warning. Then Gibbs was there, pulling Tony up, eyes sweeping across his body. His fingers ghosted over Tony’s face, smoothing over the cut on his brow, Gibbs’s thumb plucked at Tony’s lip in a way that made Tony moan. He wasn’t sure if he should be angry at Gibbs or apologetic but all that changed when the gruff marine took in the bloodstained sleeve of his t-shirt.

“I’m sorry, Gibbs.” Tony’s whisper was barely audible, but Gibbs shushed him anyway, knowing exactly what Tony was trying to say. Actually, Gibbs growled, pushing Tony’s neck from side to side to see the bruises left from some nameless assailant then the shirt sleeve was forced over Tony’s shoulder and the bandages were unwrapped to reveal bruising surrounding the wound Gibbs had yet to uncover.

“Jethro! Stop undoing all my hard work. Young Anthony is fine although I’m sure you will still want to complete your personal inspection. Just don’t ruin my dressing- you’ll only make more work for yourself! And call me once you’ve… settled in,” Ducky added with a smirk, seeing where this reunion was headed. “Come, Abigail, there’s nothing for us to do here,” Ducky ordered, pulling a reluctant Abby out the door, despite her stuttered protests. The only sign that Gibbs acknowledged what Ducky said was his careful rewrap of the bandages. Then Gibbs was lifting the shirt over Tony’s pregnant belly, trying to take it off and fighting against Tony’s hands and the look of embarrassment on his bruised face.

“Wait, Gibbs!” Tony pleaded because he wasn’t sure where this strip search was going and he didn’t want to be manhandled in front of Derek and Dr. Reid. Then he laughed to himself because that was actually a pretty hot fantasy of his, but the reality made him a bit queasy. “Guys, Derek, I… I’m good, okay? I’ll call you after- later,” Tony pleaded, trying to pull his shirt down and losing the battle when Gibbs just pulled the back over Tony’s head so that there was nothing left to do but pull the shirt off Tony’s arms.

Gibbs groaned and Tony winced, knowing what his lover was seeing. The reddened bruises painting his left side and back would be deep purple in the morning and tender to the touch. Gibbs collapsed into the chair, pulling Tony towards him and caressing his belly as if trying to verify the babies were still there, moving and healthy. Somewhere, behind him, Tony knew Spenser was pushing Derek to the door and Derek resisted in his frustration. He’d been waiting to see Tony curse Gibbs or at least acknowledge the fact that Gibbs had wronged him, not fall into the arms of the silver haired fox. Derek demanded, “You gonna be alright, Tony? We can stay-“

“We’re fine!” Tony snapped, just wanting everyone gone. It was one thing for them to see him at his most vulnerable, but he refused to let anyone see Gibbs that way. “We’re alright! We’re fine, we’re fine,’ he repeated like a mantra, his words sounding more gentle and for Gibbs’s ears only as the door closed and the big engine turned over and pulled out of the driveway. “Really, Jethro. Ducky checked and both heartbeats are strong. I know it looks bad, but we’re okay.” Tony pulled Jethro’s face up by the short crop of silver hair and looked into the liquid blue eyes. Seeing the remorse there made it hard for Tony to breathe around the lump in his throat.

“I should’ve stayed, Tony.”

“You had to finish the case.”

“I should’ve called.”

“You had the probie check on me.” Tony acquiesced, knowing Gibbs was always keeping tabs on his condition.

“Should’ve done it myself,” Gibbs said, kissing Tony stomach gently then more passionately. “Should’ve taken care of you. Who’s been taking care of you, Tony?” Gibbs demanded, pulling down the sweats Tony wore and gently holding Tony’s dick to make his meaning obvious. Tony could hear the jealousy beneath Gibbs’s concern and it made him shudder in excited anticipation. He was only half hard, but the throbbing of that secret orifice was so strong and moist that he knew his thighs would be wet soon if he didn’t get vertical right now. “Who’s been taking care of this?” Gibbs demanded with a voice that would scare most as he held the base of Tony’s dick and thrust three fingers behind Tony’s balls, sending a powerful spasm through that new center of pleasure. “You’re wet,” Gibbs whispered in awe, trying to pry apart Tony’s thighs to see the source of wetness. Tony jerked back apprehensively and Gibbs gave a frustrated grunt, standing up. He adjusted himself and Tony could easily see that Gibbs was as ready as Tony was. When Gibbs stalked forward, Tony realized there was no way he was getting out of being fucked and he really didn’t want to, but he was still worried.

“Upstairs?” Tony said, staying a few feet in front of Jethro as he waddled to the staircase, concerned about the delicate new hole and how brutal a fuck Jethro was about to give him. He planned to offer his ass, but he didn’t think it would work since Jethro was already rubbing between Tony’s thighs as they made their way up to the second floor. Gibbs lost his jeans and sweatshirt as quickly as possible. From behind Tony, Gibbs slipped thick fingers below Tony’s ass until he suddenly slipped into wet warmth. “Oh! Gibbs, wait,” Tony groaned, reaching down and stilling the fingers that were busy rubbing at him.

“Aw, fuck, Tony,” Gibbs whispered at the unexpected breach, plastering his body against Tony and pushing to get to the top of the stairs and into the bedroom where he yanked back the spread and pushed Tony on the bed, crawling up after him and kicking off his socks. Gibbs attacked Tony’s mouth, biting and sucking between each wet kiss and demanding that Tony let him have his way. Tony seemed to give in, moaning in ecstasy as Gibbs’s tongue made its way down Tony’s throat to tease at his collarbone then his sensitive nipples which made Tony babble gibberish and fight hard to keep his legs closed. Then, Gibbs was pinching and scratching at the fleshy nubs and tongue fucking Tony’s belly button and Tony knew it was too late.

“Ohshitohshit,” Tony hissed, squeezing his thighs together and trembling slightly at the mini orgasm deep inside him. He knew it would roll over him like a tsunami if he allowed Gibbs to touch him down there.

“You want to come?” Gibbs asked, not realizing the Tony had already. He stroked Tony’s hard dick that only drooled a bit of precome when it had jolted to attention moments earlier. Gibbs licked at the head and then sucked, looking at Tony to gauge his reaction. “S’okay, Tony. Come for me,” Gibbs demanded, swallowing Tony down and jamming his fingers between Tony’s loose thighs. The wanton assault caught Tony off guard but he could already feel the fingers plunging into his wet hole.

‘Fuuuuck!” Tony moaned and shuddered in pleasure as his legs automatically fell wide open, begging those calloused fingers to fuck him senseless. Gibbs held Tony’s dick and balls back so he could see the moist, purple gash that swallowed two of his fingers. He pulled them out and watched it close to a mere crack as Gibbs sucked the moisture from his fingertips then put them back, rubbing and teasing that spot as Tony writhed and moaned. “You’re so wet… wetter than any pussy I’ve ever-“ and Gibbs felt Tony’s hips stutter helplessly. “You like that? You like having a wet pussy, Tony?”

“Oh, fuck yeah,” was Tony’s strangled groan. He’d dreaded the idea of growing what amounted to a vagina, but it felt so good that the thought of having a pussy now gave Tony hot and cold shivers.

“Then why’d you try to hide it from me?” Gibbs demanded, rubbing the tip of Tony’s cock as he played with the hungry hole below. Gibbs gently slapped at Tony’s balls to let him know he was still waiting for an answer. “Were you ashamed?” Gibbs interrogated him masterfully, thrusting two fingers deep and undulating them so that Tony’s thighs fell open even more, inviting Gibbs deeper. Tony squeezed his eyes shut, biting his lips in concentration.

“S’goodgoodgood! Ohgodohgod-don’tstopdon’t-Nonononono!” Tony cried, opening his eyes to plead with Gibbs who just pulled out completely and looked at him resolutely asking his question again.

“Are you ashamed?”

“No! I-It’s new and… delicate. I wanted you to… to be… gentle,” Tony whined but it turned into a moan when he felt a tongue lick him open for the first time.

“I can be gentle,” Gibbs said, bending to lick at the quivering crack again. His tongue circled the spot then flickered in the opening until Tony’s moans grew louder and louder, legs tightening around Gibbs’s head. When Tony’s hips started to pump wildly, Gibbs forced his thighs open and raised his head. Tony groaned in frustration. Gibbs just smiled, stroking Tony’s dick as he nibbled his furry thighs. “Will this still get you off?” Gibbs wondered, playing with the fat, damp, head while Tony focused on his breathing and rocking his hips.

“Yeah, just… harder…”

“But you already came and you didn’t shoot. Where’s the come, Tony?” Gibbs still asked, even though he knew. He’d read the books left by Dr. Jones and Jack Harkness or the Doctor- he wasn’t clear on just who had sent the information and… tools. He knew that Tony wouldn’t ejaculate the same, but seeing it was different from knowing the facts. It was hotter somehow to know that Tony was wet on the inside, like a woman. “Where did you come?” Gibbs asked, still playing with Tony’s dick and behind his balls as he kissed the distended belly.

“In-inside.” Tony stammered at the feel of Gibbs’s thumb rubbing over the wrinkled crack. Again thick fingers sank deep into Tony and he gasped in pleasure, squirming to get them deeper. “More, Jethro, more. Please,” until Gibbs was stroking him inside with all his fingers and quick strokes that had Tony panting then coming as warmth and wetness pooled around Gibbs’s fingers. When Gibbs pulled his hand back, Tony moaned in disappointment. “Noooo, staystaystay,” he urged, throwing one leg over Gibbs who was stretched out alongside Tony. Gibbs complied, gently stroking Tony through the aftershocks.

Tony lay on his back, clutching at Gibbs as his muscles spasmed uncontrollably around the insistent fingers. Gibbs knew several women he’d been with who’d had multiple orgasms, but he knew it was rare for men. He was still propped on one arm, looking down at Tony who was moaning and mumbling encouragement and something about ‘magic fingers’ that would’ve made Gibbs laugh if he wasn’t so turned on.

Gibbs had managed to take everything off except his boxers which were now dampened with his own precome. He knew his cock was straining against Tony’s hip, but neither of them had made a move to touch it; this was about Tony and if Tony didn’t touch him, Gibbs wasn’t going to make him. He ignored how his dick throbbed in time with Tony’s inner walls that pulsed against Gibbs’s fingers, focusing instead on his insatiable lover. Gibbs kissed Tony, occupying his mouth and putting an end to the senseless babbling. Obviously worn out, Tony still kissed like he was starving for it before relaxing into it and letting Gibbs lick and bite at his tongue and lips. By the time he’d moved on to Tony’s neck and chest, Tony was breathing so evenly that Gibbs suspected he was sleeping. The soft snore confirmed it and Gibbs chuckled, looking down to where his hand was wedged between Tony’s thighs, covered with one of Tony’s own well-manicured hands. He left his hand there, pushing his arm beneath Tony’s head and burying his nose behind Tony’s ear. They shifted until Gibbs was spooning his sleeping lover and studiously ignoring the hardness buried between their bodies.

Tomorrow, Gibbs sighed to himself and closed his eyes.