- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs longed to check on Tony, but he didn’t trust himself; if Tony asked, he’d drop everything and come home just to assuage the guilt and worry he was feeling.
~

Gibbs woke at 0400 as usual, amazed that he’d slept so long, considering it had been early evening when they went to bed. When he came out of the bathroom, he found Tony sprawled naked on the bed, rubbing his belly. “Come back to bed, Jethro.”

“Work,” was all he said, cuddling next to Tony and rubbing his belly with an easy smile.

“Mmmm, stay, Jethro. Just for a while,” Tony gave a sleepy, but entirely persuasive leer that made Gibbs rethink his resolve. “C’mon! Nobody thinks coming in after 0500 is late except you.”

“I have to go in early if you want me to come home early,” Gibbs said, kissing Tony’s temple then adding “You gonna be alright?” His tone was serious. Tony gave an annoyed sigh as he tried to heave himself off the bed. He ended up rolling to his side with a huff, groaning a bit before answering.

“Why wouldn’t I be alright? Go to work, Jethro- I know how important it is to you,” Tony added and it sounded bitter even to his own ears. He sat on the side of the bed, rubbing his face into wakefulness. Head dropped dejectedly and face in hands, Tony was shocked to feel his head pressed into gentle but firm lips at his temple.

“So are you.”

~

Tony considered the morning’s sudden tenderness all day. Tony was half awoke and surprised, oblivious to Gibbs’s slight grin as the man walked out the room, down the hall, the stairs, and out of the house. Gibbs only paused for a moment to look around. He locked the door. A few minutes later, Tony called out to Gibbs, assuming he was drinking his first cup of the day but when Tony finally inched his way downstairs he found the coffee untouched.

A month ago Tony might have resented a full pot of coffee he couldn’t touch but coffee had become his mortal enemy since ‘the monsters’ in his stomach punished him for it. Immediately and for long periods of time. Gibbs never said a word to Tony about drinking coffee; he never ordered him not to which Tony appreciated because he rarely sneaked a cup anyway. Gibbs knew that and even sympathized. Tony smiled thinking about how Gibbs would offer him sips of his own, which Tony always took eagerly- even though it was black and bitter- because the caffeine left him heady and being fed from Gibbs hand made him feel even better. When Tony’s little monsters would start to kick, Gibbs would rub Tony’s belly and talk to them to calmness. It was one of Tony’s favorite past times these days and he suspected Gibbs loved it too since he plied Tony with cheating sips every chance he got.

It was strange that Gibbs hadn’t drank the coffee, especially since he’d just closed a case so there was no reason to hurry to work his usual two hours ahead of everyone else. It made no sense to Tony who tried to go back to sleep, but couldn’t get comfortable. He tried the pillow Brina and Palmer gave him but it had stopped working three weeks ago when the twins had started their last growth spurt. Now, he knew, all that could get him to sleep was Gibbs or an orgasm and he didn’t feel up to masturbating at the moment.

The thought of sex made Tony recall the night before and how Gibbs had not allowed himself any release. Tony smirked, getting kind of hot at the idea of Gibbs punishing himself. It made him want to reward Gibbs and he spent all morning and afternoon fantasizing about how he would get Gibbs off that night. By 1600, Tony had given himself four orgasms and fucked himself with the big black dildo he kept hidden in a half packed suitcase in a downstairs closet. Tony’s body blushed with bruises of passion so that the fabric of his boxers made him sigh with pained pleasure when he moved. After his last bout with dildo, Tony made himself put it away and sit in the newly appointed den to watch the beautiful big screen, marveling at the fact that Gibbs now had the best cable package ever. He struggled through Dr. Strangelove but was too distracted to remember the lines. His crotch was damp and he was throbbing as if the newly formed birth canal was begging to be filled again.

Tony did his best to not call Gibbs all day, but gave in at 1642 when he caught himself rubbing his dick. “Gibbs? When are you coming home?” Tony almost whispered.

“Now,” Gibbs said and Tony turned around at the sound of the charger pulling into the driveway. By the time Tony hoisted himself up and made it to the door, Gibbs was walking in the house and Tony was slamming him back against the door. Tony kissed Gibbs from the side, trying to turn the stubborn man’s head so he could bite and lick at the smiling lips.

“You didn’t come last night. I’ve been thinking about ways to return the favor,” Tony said, skipping ‘hello’ and ‘how was your day?’ He ushered Gibbs to the couch, pulling the quiet man along by the hand then fondling Gibbs through his pants before kneeling on the couch and leaning over the back. “Please, Gibbs. Take it out and fuck me.”

“I won’t hurt you Tony,” but Gibbs was unzipping and surprised to find his hands were shaking. He wanted this so badly. He would have to remain in control and remind himself to be gentle but he could do that. What he couldn’t do was wait. Gibbs bumped the head of his cock at the moist crevice behind Tony’s scrotum and gasped as he pushed forward so that just the head was enveloped in that tight heat. Holding Tony’s insistent hips still, Gibbs inched in, ignoring Tony’s pleas.

“Oh, oh God, Gibbs. Please! I can take it, I swear.” Gibbs still took his time, finding just the right angle then giving short little jabs which grew longer and stronger. When Tony lifted one knee to the back of the couch and reached down to fondle himself, Gibbs slammed into him in a controlled move that had Tony panting and stuttering, “Y-yeah, just like that. D-don’t stop.” In no time he had Tony coming with a grunt and a shudder, still whispering encouragement. Tony gave no signs of stopping, twisting his hips and fucking himself on Gibbs’s dick even faster. “C’mon! Come for me Gibbs. Come.”

“Plenty time for that,” Gibbs grunted, maintaining his pace and gritting his teeth to stifle his groans of pleasure.

~

Tony slept soundly, legs entwined in Gibbs’s own, like a blanket of warm skin. As was his habit, Gibbs woke before dawn, but today, he tarried, rubbing Tony’s huge belly and placing a tender kiss on Tony’s sweaty temple before extracting himself from the tangle of limbs.

“Mnn, noooo, don’t leave,” Tony begged, groping for Gibbs who moved far too fast for his fifty plus years. Tony moaned his admonishments and Gibbs smiled at the nonsensical ramblings of his half sleep partner. Ten minutes later Gibbs was dressed, sitting on the crumpled sheets and leaning over Tony whose face was buried in the pillow he clutched like a lover. Tony opened one eye and pouted. “You’re leaving.”

“I’ll be back. Early even. You think you’ll feel like company? I was going to have the team over and fire up the grill,” Gibbs suggested, knowing Tony had been lonely the past few days. “You might not get another chance to entertain any time soon,” he smiled, rubbing Tony’s stomach meaningfully. Tony couldn’t hide his excitement at the mention of company. His lips twisted into a shy smile and he acquiesced, kissing Gibbs for a few seconds before letting the man get away.

“You’re still not off the hook for denying me morning sex,’ Tony insisted, his legs capturing Gibbs in a vice grip.

“Don’t want to be,” Gibbs smirked, returning Tony’s amorous attentions with little nips of teeth to Tony’s jaw and neck and collarbone. He rubbed against Tony in a way that made the man moan in appreciation and beg for more.

“Please, Jethro. Just a few minutes,” Tony whined, reaching out to feel if Gibbs was as aroused as he was. “I can help you with that,” he murmured but Gibbs just pulled away.

“The sooner I get there, the sooner I can leave.” Gibbs smiled, giving Tony a final kiss and unhooking Tony’s ankles before slipping away.

“Did you at least call Martha? “ Tony demanded in a huff of frustration. When Gibbs didn’t answer, clearly trying to decide how best to extricate himself from the impending argument before it started, Tony went on. “You know, the English lady with the cute accent, she’s like a doctor for the international x-files or something-“

“I remember and no, I haven’t called her but I will. I just don’t want you to get your hopes up, Tony; she’s a busy woman,” Gibbs warned, walking out of the room.

“Don’t worry, Gibbs. I’m used to disappointment,” Tony, scowled, reaching down to take care of himself. After a cursory stroke and poke, he regrettably decided it just didn’t feel the same. Tony scooted to the edge of the bed then rolled over until he could plant his feet on the floor and push himself into a sitting position. “Shit!” he griped, holding the sudden cramp in his side. “What the hell is that? Gas?” he demanded between gritted teeth. Tony sat panting for a short while on the bed, listening for Gibbs footfalls in foyer. He heard the door shut and lock (which still managed to make him smile because suddenly, Gibbs had something to keep safe) and then the charger revved to life and Gibbs was gone. Tony almost sobbed at how much he hurt but within seconds, the pain was gone too, leaving Tony thankful that he hadn’t bothered to call Gibbs back. If Gibbs was determined to leave, Tony refused to beg for what his boss obviously wasn’t willing to give. He was a big boy, he told himself, and he could wait for Gibbs to come home.

~

Gibbs had been working over an hour when McGee walked into the still empty bullpen. The young agent carried three coffees and a cardboard cup holder and had a jaunt in his step that clearly said he was in a good mood.

“Morning, boss,” he said, placing a steaming cup of coffee in front of Gibbs who nodded in thanks but kept perusing the file he’d been flipping through. Ziva marched in thirty minutes later, just barely making it to her desk by 0700hours, flouncing down and banging on her computer to check her emails. She eyed the cup of tea sitting on her desk.

“Thank you, Tim,” she smiled belatedly, getting up to take it to the microwave in the break room. She returned to a stack of case files on her desk, perilously teetering to one side. “These are cases that are cold, yes?” She asked, not quite hiding the disgust in her tone. Gibbs ignored it, focused on clearing the case files stacked on his desk- twice as much as McGee or David had. He didn’t worry; he could work twice as fast as the others. Well, maybe not McGee, Gibbs thought. Still, he would do Tony’s share too because Gibbs wasn’t about to let anyone say that his team was slacking off because of Tony.

The morning stretched on like a battlefield surgery without anesthetics and Gibbs found himself thinking about Tony sitting at home alone, waiting for Gibbs to return. He knew he’d left Tony in a snit, and wondered how the hot tempered Italian was feeling. Normally, Tony didn’t hold a grudge, at least not against Gibbs. But lately, hormone changes and the stress of pregnancy had made Tony a different person. Gibbs longed to check on Tony, but he didn’t trust himself; if Tony asked, he’d drop everything and come home just to assuage the guilt and worry he was feeling.

Instead, he went to Abby. Gibbs knew if anyone could be counted on to look after Tony, it was Abigail Scuito. “Headed to Abby’s lab,” he said, popping up like a jack-in-the-box and zipping towards the elevators which he passed in favor of the stairs even though his knees would be killing him. McGee and David look a bit startled, but had no chance to eyeball their boss since he’d disappeared around the corner before they noticed he was leaving.

“That was weird,” Ziva muttered, searching McGee’s eyes for an explanation.

“I think Gibbs is a little nervous about his expected guests.”

“His…? Ah, yes; I am sure it is more than a little disconcerting. Can you imagine Tony as a father? Gibbs will certainly have his work chopped out for him,” she sympathized so earnestly that McGee hid his smirk at her botched figure of speech.

“I just hope everything goes smoothly. I’m not really worried though-“

“No? Why is that?”

“Because Gibbs is a great father and he’s faithful enough to stand by Tony. I wouldn’t be surprised if those kids end up calling Gibbs daddy,” McGee smiled wistfully, thinking about how happy fatherhood would make Gibbs.

~
Riotous music reverberated throughout the room while Abby’s head nodded with the bass. She was so engrossed in filling the pipettes that she almost fell off her stool when she felt the whispered words breathed against her neck. “You busy, Abs?”

“Don’t do that, Gibbs! Why are you here? You got something for me? What do you need?” Abby bounced around cheerfully after recouping from her sudden fear.

“Take a long lunch. Go check on Tony for me, will ya?”

“Of course, Gibbs. I’m just running tests, you know, regulating major mass-spec. He’s been a little bitchy lately. I’d love to go see Tony. So how’s he been? He’s due any day now, right?”

“Soon. He’s a little nervous. Keeps talking about wanting Dr. Jones to be there. Gotta remember to call her before I leave work today.”

“You do that, Gibbs. I’ll bring Tony lunch! What should I bring? Last time I brought a pie, but Ducky said it would give him heartburn. What will he eat, bossman?”

“Get him soup and a sandwich from that deli around the corner; Tony’ll eat anything.” Gibbs smiled, feeling a little better knowing than Tony would have company, if only for a little while until he could, in good conscience, leave work. “Thank you, Abby.” He sighed, kissing her temple and slipping out of her lab quietly. Abby just gave a knowing smile and quickly finished her test; she had someplace to be.

~

Abby skipped up the driveway, ran up the stairs, and jumped on the porch, twisting the door knob until she realized a new lock had been installed.

“Drat!” she cursed, knocking on the door like a cop. She waited a couple minutes then knocked again. “Tony! Waddle faster, mister,” she yelled gleefully, jumping up and down. Abby placed her ear on the door and listened closely. Then she walked around the house to peer into the windows which showed her no action in the house. The deck out back was empty and the doors were locked shut but Tony’s car was parked in the front and Abby knew Gibbs had forbidden Tony to drive it anywhere last week. “He’s gotta be here,” Abby muttered to herself as she dialed the house number for the third time. “Pickuppickuppickup, Tony!” Abby pleaded, hoping against all hope that she wouldn’t have to call Gibbs and tell him Tony was, yet again, missing. She walked back to the front of the house, wondering if she should ask the neighbors or canvas the block. “Did you go for a walk, Tony?” Abby whined.

“Abby? Oh thank god! Abby! Help me,” a voice came from somewhere over her head and Abby turned around in circles, looking at the trees in confusion.

“Where are you, Tony? I’m coming,” she promised, unsure of how she’d get there, but certain she would.

“Upstairs! Hurry!” Tony moaned sounding desperate and Abby flew into action.

“Don’t worry, Tony, I’ll be right there. Don’t try to move- I’ll call G-“

“No! Nonononono, please, just come. Owowow!” Abby ran to the front door, almost tripping over her platforms as she skipped three steps and pulled out her lock picking tools. In seconds she was in the door, running up the stairs screaming, I’m coming, Tony! I’m coming!” When she arrived in the bedroom, Tony was splayed on the floor between the newly installed flatscreen and the chest which sat at the foot of the huge bed, his back half supported by the custom made chest that double as a bench. He was naked and barely covered by a huge disaster of a terry cloth robe that was stained with sweat and something else. “Oh no, Tony, what happened? Did you fall and you couldn’t get up? How long have you been down here? Oh wow, are you in labor? Of course you are… aren’t you?” Abby’s barrage of questions both frustrated and comforted Tony who was unable to answer any of them, but very glad he wasn’t alone.

“I-I don’t know. I think so?”

“Oh my, Tony, why didn’t you call Gibbs?”

“’Cause this morning I was mad at him and I thought it was just a bad cramp. I thought it was gas or something and my back has been bothering me for weeks now. I knew I was in pain but I didn’t start to suspect anything until all this water gushed out about thirty minutes ago. By then, I figured I’d wait because he usually calls at lunch or stops by-“

“Well, he sent me, Mister ‘I don’t need to call Gibbs’ and I’m calling Gibbs. And Ducky. And getting you over to Ducky’s so you can deliver these babies,” Abby decided, watching the way Tony was sweating and making a grimace. His whole body went taut with pain and one hand fisted in the tangled sheets half fallen off the bed. “That, Tony, was a contraction,” Abby announced when Tony’s face relaxed and his panting had calmed a bit. “Let’s get you up, before another one hits. After a few attempts, she wrangled Tony up and seated him on the footlocker while she gathered his things. “C’mon,” she said, prompting him to put his feet in the clean pair of sweats she found for him.

“Wait. I need a shower!”

“How far apart are those contractions?”

“Maybe every fifteen minutes?”

“Well, maybe we need to get to Ducky’s. If there’s time, you can take a shower there,” Abby ruled, ignoring Tony’s pout. She slung his go bag over her shoulder and helped him down the stairs and out of the house. “Back seat, Tony,” because Abby’s hearse had a wonky passenger side seatbelt and there was no way she’d let Tony ride without being strapped in. It was a good thing since Abby Scuito’s perfect Driver’s Test score was totally dishonored by her shameful speeding and running yellow lights. She even ignored a couple stop signs and growled when she had to slam on the brakes in the school zone. With the lunch hour rush, it took almost an hour to get to Georgetown and there was only one car sitting in the driveway when Abby pulled up.

“Hey!” Abby greeted the middle aged woman in scrubs who carried two huge bags of equipment. “Ducky’s not here yet, huh?” She was a petite redhead with hazel eyes and an easy smile, even as she glanced over at her patient who was more than a little winded.

Dr. Mallard called me forty-five minutes ago, but I imagine the drive from the Navy yard is hectic at this time of day. Hi, Tony. You alright? I know we’ve only met once, but let me take a look at you,” she said, dropping her bags and coming over to where Tony was leaning against the front of Ducky’s house. She listened to his heart and the babies with her stethoscope and asked a few questions about the contractions and the last time her ate. “Nothing at all today?” She asked again in a calm voice, just to verify.

“I-I was supposed to bring him lunch but when I got there he was in labor, nurse-“

“Please, call me Julia-“

“Nurse Julia, should I get something for Tony to eat?”

“No Ms. Scuito, its fine. Actually, many doctors and maternity wards restrict eating during labor- especially those considered high risk, but Tony has signs of hypoglycemia and dehydration. I’d like to get him at least an IV, so…” Julia motioned with her head to the door as she made sure Tony was able to stand then made for her bags.

“Well, I don’t have a key. I thought you had the key, nurse Julia,” Abby shrieked, wringing her hands and pacing back and forth in front of the door.

“First, calm down. I’m sure Dr. Mallard will be here shortly. Meanwhile, let’s make daddy comfortable-“

“Forget that! I’m picking the lock,” Abby said and Tony gave her a thankful look as he panted through another contraction. He groaned, grabbed his stomach and hit the brick face of the colonial as Abby thought better of her plan. “You know what? I think I’ll break into the back; this is a busy street. Wait here.” Less than two minutes later they heard an alarm which only sounded for five seconds before it abruptly stopped then Abby was opening the front door. “Brinks. I’ve been bypassing them since I was eleven and Louis dared me to break into the neighbor’s plantation home to steal his confederate army knife for our time capsule.” Abby grabbed Tony from where he leaned against the door jamb and ushered them into the foyer.

“This way,” Julia said, leading them to a room towards the back of the house. After ten minutes, Tony was resting in the delivery bed, sitting up and getting an IV while he flirted with the pretty nurse.

“C’mon, nurse Julia- I know you find this sexy,” he leered, gesturing to his huge belly and swollen feet.

“Why Mr. Dinozzo! What would Gibbs say?”

“Nothing. He’d just shoot ya,” came the quiet answer from the door.

“Gibbs!” Abby clapped her hands excitedly from behind him. “How’d you get in here?” But Gibbs only had eyes for Tony who stared at him in relief and took a big sigh, deflating into the bed as if he was done being strong.

“With a key. How’d you get in, Abby?” Gibbs said but his eyes were talking to Tony. He stood at the door like he wasn’t sure if he should come in. He thought about how he’d missed Kelly’s birth because he was stationed in Panama. He should’ve been back but he was MIA for two months after being shot and nursed to health by a local woman he later helped to immigrate. Leroy Jethro Gibbs had never been afraid of much, but he was afraid of watching Shannon endure so much pain. After watching his mother die, he couldn’t stand to see people he loved in pain. He could hear Abby jabbering behind him but he had no idea what she was saying. He saw Tony’s lips move though.

“Come here, Gibbs,” Tony said, holding out his hand as the nurse finished the IV.

“I tried to call when I heard, but you didn’t answer your phone,” Gibbs said.

“I left it at ho… Abby said you kept calling, but she was already driving worse than Ziva-“

“Hey, mister!”

“Well, you were! And she said I was whining and groaning so much it’d freak you out, so…”

“So how’s it going, Tony?” Gibbs asked and Tony almost laughed at how awkward Gibbs looked.

“Okay, I guess. Nurse Julia doesn’t seem concerned. In fact, she just said I’m fine,” Tony’s eyebrows wiggled suggestively and Gibbs smiled at the nurse who made a point of making sure her wedding ring was prominently displayed as she winked at the older man. Gibbs exhaled and turned back to Tony who was still talking.

“…makes Sears menswear look hotter than you, but, really, I think you should relax. Make yourself comfo-Oh! Ahhhh! I’m never going to get used to this,” he grunted, fisting the sheets and squeezing his eyes shut.

“Another one? That’s pretty close, Tony. Remember to breathe through it,” Julia reminded Tony who had the tendency to hold his breath when the pain hit. She gave Gibbs a warning glare that reminded him of Shannon’s resolute stare which he never agued with. When Julia stood behind him and pulled on his coat, Gibbs let it fall away. She came back with scrubs. “It’s a messy process; you should probably change.”

“You’re staying right? Please don’t make me do this alone,” Tony begged and Gibbs couldn’t help but give his love exactly what he wanted.

“I’m here, Tony. Just let me change before the next contraction. Abby will be here until I get back.”

“Hurry,” Tony sniffed, dropping his head to the bed and catching his breath as he began to dread the next cramp. When it came, Gibbs was just walking in with Ducky and had just made it to Tony’s side when a vice grip clamped his arm and squeezed tight enough to make Gibbs wince. But he didn’t; he remembered Julia’s words and told Tony to breathe.

“You’ve got to breathe through it, Tony. That’s better,” he encouraged, looking up to Ducky or Julia for direction but they were busy monitoring vital signs and doing important looking things so Gibbs just turned back around. Ducky was seated on a stool between Tony’s legs, gloved and attentive as the contraction stopped. Tony released Gibbs forearm but grabbed his hand when he felt the gloved intrusion.

“Ow, Ducky! What the hell?”

“I’m just checking your progress, lad. And good news; you’re in active labor!”

“I could’ve told you that!” Tony groaned, trying to shift his body to a more comfortable position as he rested before the next contraction.

“Yes, well, I had to be sure since we don’t know how long you’ve been in labor. Actually, how long have you been having contractions, Tony?”

Tony looked at Gibbs stealthily, hoping he wasn’t rapt with attention as usual before he answered. “I had a little pain last night, but I thought the cramps were just gas… or something,” he added, not wanting to say that he wasn’t surprised to feel a little pain after the wild sex he’d been having since he made up with Gibbs. “It didn’t start to really hurt until early this morning when I got up, but it went away, so I thought I was good.”

“You got up when I was leaving.” Gibbs said and it wasn’t a question so Tony guiltily ignored his own need to give a response. He knew he should’ve called Gibbs back, but he wasn’t about to defend his position. “Why didn’t you tell me?” Gibbs demanded.

“Would it have made a difference?”

“Of course, Tony. I wouldn’t have left you in labor. I asked if you’d be alright-“

“And I was, so you can stop feeling guilty; I wanted you gone!” Tony bit out between gritted teeth as the next contraction came. Gibbs tried to stand up and pull away but this time, Tony grabbed his hand so tightly Gibbs’s knuckles protested with loud cracks. Gibbs just smiled, happy to endure the painful penance.

“Ah. They are much closer than I thought, young Anthony-“

“That means it’s almost over, right?”

“Yes, yes; you are nearing the end. Rest now. You should have a few minutes before the next contraction.

3 hours later

Tony was despondent and exhausted. He turned his head away from the people in the room and forgot about holding back the tears. Abby and Julia closely monitored the equipment, but were careful to leave Tony alone. He’d become frustrated and angry hours ago when he began having the uncontrollable urge to push and Ducky told him it was too soon since he wasn’t dilated enough. After the third time Ducky told Tony to ‘breathe through it,” he was summarily cursed by the father-to-be and uninvited to all subsequent baby birthdays. Dr. Mallard let his nurse deliver his instructions from that point on.

Gibbs had stepped out after Tony exploded about his not getting Martha to come back and help with the delivery. Gibbs thought it was counter-productive to point out that Martha had never seen a male pregnancy delivery since Tony needed somewhere to focus his anger. Soon, Tony fell silent and almost dozed off with Gibbs sitting next to him, rubbing his back and telling him stories about Stillwater. When Tony closed his eyes, Gibbs patted his hand then slipped away to find and corner Ducky.

He searched the house, steering clear of any occupied rooms after determining Ducky was not there. Finally, he heard his old friend’s gait coming down the hall and he slipped from the study to catch Ducky before he disappeared again. “Tell me what’s going on.” He demanded in the hallway, just out of earshot of the great room where Ziva, Tim, and now Spenser and Derek sat anxiously.

“Jethro, the baby is doing fine, Anthony’s vital signs are good and the pregnancy is progressing normally-“ Ducky assured him, a bit exasperated by Gibbs’s menacing glare.

“How is any of this normal, Duck? He doesn’t seem to be progressing at all!”

“Yes, well, he can push as soon as he’s fully dilated and not before-“

“You said that three hours ago!”

“And I’ll say it three hours from now. The baby won’t have enough space to fit through the birth canal if we move too early. I know it is difficult to see Anthony in such a state, but such is the reality of childbirth, Jethro-“

“Dr. Mallard? It’s time,” Julia smiled, sticking her head into the hallway.

When Jethro and Ducky walked back into the room, it was just as they’d left it; dimmed lights, monitors beeping, and Tony turned on his side facing the wall. Tony’s leg was shaking and Gibbs, recognizing this as a contraction, hurried to Tony’s side. Tony’s tears spilled freely and Gibbs grabbed his hand until it passed then wiped the sweat and tears from his face. He kissed Tony’s head, whispering encouragement but Tony remained quiet with his eyes closed until he felt intrusive fingers entering him,

“Julia tells me you are ready to push, Tony,” Ducky said with too much cheer.

“I was ready three hours ago,” he gritted out, too angry to even look at Ducky. Ducky, who knew better than to be offended, continued to give instructions.

“Yes, well, now that your baby is ready too, let us start to push with the next contraction, shall we? If you’re comfortable on your side, that is fine.” When the contraction came, Ducky allowed Julia to direct Tony since he seemed to respond to her better.

“Tony, listen, deep breath in then push for four seconds on the exhale. Let’s go: breathe… and PUUUUUSH! Good job, Tony. Catch your breath,” she smiled, patting him on the arm and winking at Gibbs who was ready to make himself useful. After three more tries with Gibbs telling him to push, Tony was restless and wanted to move. They pulled up the birth bar which he endured for several more pushes until his arms couldn’t take it anymore. Eventually, Tony found himself sitting up with Gibbs behind him to hold him upright as he pushed. Tony gave no more complaints about his position, burying his face in Gibbs’s neck between pushes as Gibbs rubbed his belly in soothing circles.

“Don’t touch me!” Tony snapped, yanking Gibbs’s hands away from him while still leaning against him like a body pillow. I can’t do it anymore,” Tony whined against Gibbs’s chin, falling back in a drained out huff.

“C’mon, babies. We’re waiting for you. Your daddy wants to see you,” Gibbs coaxed more for Tony than for the babies. “You’re almost there, Tony. You’re so close. C’mon,” Gibbs said because Tony was beginning to shake and tense and Gibbs could feel the contraction starting, “breathe … and PUUUUUSH!”

“Something’s wrong! It burns!” Tony yelled suddenly and Gibbs looked at Ducky who was focused too low to make eye contact, but Julia just smiled and answered his unspoken question.

“Everything’s okay. The baby is crowning, Tony. It burns because you’re stretching but once you get the head out, you’ll be okay. One more push-“

“I can’t, I can’t, I can’t. Just pull it out- It hurts! Where are the drugs? You’re supposed to give me drugs, dammit!” Tony screamed, becoming hysterical until he felt a sharp tap to his head.

“Hey! You’re gonna push that head out. You can do this. Now take a deep breath…” Tony knew the drill, so he pushed until he heard a pop. He moaned in relief, his breath hitching and sobs filling the room.

“Good lad! The hard part is over; one more push and he’ll be out, Anthony,” Ducky smiled and Tony fought to calm his breathing then he pushed. This time, Tony felt relief as the baby slid out into the waiting hands. “Oh my! Look at you! You have a beautiful boy!” Ducky exclaimed as Julia clamped the cord and handed the scissors to Gibbs who looked at Tony questioningly.

“Well, I sure as hell can’t do it,” he smiled in relief. After, the baby was scrubbed down a bit and suctioned before Julia handed it over to Tony after hearing the first powerful wail. “It’s okay, baby. You’re looking for your daddy,” she said, placing him on Tony’s chest. Tony cradled the baby and stared in awe.

“Hey, buddy,” he whispered then looked at Gibbs and said, “that’s my kid!” Before he started crying and couldn’t say anything else. He held the sleeping baby for a while until he felt another contraction and Julia took the baby from Tony’s arms. This time, the pushing was easier. When they Told Tony to push, he followed directions without complaint but seemed a bit concerned.

“I feel kind of numb and tingly down there… Is that okay? I-I-I think… it’s weird,” Tony panted, not sure how to explain the feeling.

“That’s alright, Anthony, just push the head out and you’ll be fine,” Ducky encouraged, knowing Tony wasn’t in pain.

“Ohgod! Ohgodohgodohgod,” Tony grunted between pushes and felt the huge release as his second child came pushing into Ducky’s capable hands. The tight grip on Gibbs’s scrubs was par for the course, but there was something a little different in the way Tony gave that final push and how his eyes rolled back into his head before he relaxed totally and went out like a light. Everything was handled while Tony slept peacefully and Gibbs pondered how Tony seemed to be in the throes of passion just before he fainted. Gibbs watched Julia scrub the babies and weigh them. He paid close attention to her actions, listening for the little cries of annoyance while standing next to Ducky and demanding information as usual.

“What just happened, Duck?”

“Oh, I think your instincts are as sharp as ever, Jethro,” Ducky smiled, checking monitors and going on with his work. “As he said, he was numb after the first babe; all he could feel was the sensation of pushing the second infant through the birth canal which, need I remind you, is mostly made of his prostate gland thinly stretched out.” Duck chuckled at the shocked look on Gibbs face because he understood how weird it was that Tony just had an orgasm during childbirth, but he thought better of harping on the fact. He pushed Gibbs over to hold the babies until Tony awoke.

When it was all over, Tony held both babies to his chest, grinning dazedly and mumbling to himself about future porn stars when Dr. Mallard asked if he’d chosen a name. “He’s Dallas and she’s Dixon. Any ideas for a middle name, Boss?”

“You wanna name them after you? One name from each of their parents might be good.”

“Dallas Anthony DiNozzo,” Tony tried the name out, making an unsatisfied grimace. “I think the legacy can end with me.” Tony smiled, rubbing Dallas’s arm, totally enthralled by the twins.

“I was thinking more along the lines of Tonio and Tonia, maybe…” Gibbs said, staring at the infants along with their father.

“Oh. Well, that sounds good. But I was thinking Dallas Shannon DiNozzo maybe… and Dixon Kelly… if that’s alright with you, Boss?” Tony whispered, sparing a glance at Gibbs who was silent for a few seconds before acknowledging the gift. He leaned over to place a gentle kiss on Tony’s head and sighed before finding his voice.

“I’d like that, Tony,” was all Gibbs was able to say. Julia and Dr. Mallard slipped out to make the official announcement.